• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Gold Coast - What's happening

that feel when brisbane has gold coast barbell, ptc gold coast, ptc brisbane and strength sports gym but adelaide has nothing ;_;

that feel when brisbane has gold coast barbell, ptc gold coast, ptc brisbane and strength sports gym but adelaide has nothing ;_;
honestly Poni. You couldn't go to Gold Coast Barbell coz Freako would probably eat yah. Yah couldn't go to PTC Brisbane coz Powerbarbie might beat yah up. S.S.G. whilst a good gym is a bit hard to find, so that probably leaves only PTC Gold Coast. You could stay at Brick's or Oznut's house, then again they might eat you too.

Last edited:
Shane and Dave tested their maxes after training at PTC Gold Coast for 4 weeks. Between them they got 150kg in PBs
Shane hit a 132.5kg squat (42.5kg PB), 100kg bench (10kg PB) and a 160kg deadlift (20kg PB)
Dave got a 140kg squat (50kg PB), 107.5kg bench (17.5kg PB) and a 160kg deadlift (20kg PB).
They will both be doing the push/pull competition on May 4.

Harrison tested his openers/potential second attempts for the push/pull as well. He ended up hitting a 95kg paused bench (2.5kg PB, 10kg paused PB) and a 150kg deadlift (10kg PB).

Tim tested his deadlift opener/potential second attempt and ended up pulling 190kg for a 10kg PB.

Everyone else has been training hard and making progress as usual!

[youtube]KaCFDzsnoNk[/youtube]

[youtube]6fc1Nllnj38[/youtube]

Harrison and Tim came in and dialled in their form for the comp this Saturday.

Dave and Shane came in and did the same.

Elise is continuing to find her groove and build strength. She is progressing really fast.

Special mention to Taz: His max squat when he joined 4 months ago was 155kg. Last night he hit 162.5kg for 3x3, then 2x2, then for 3 singles.

I'm back squatting, weights are climbing slowly.

Novice_push_pull_may_4.jpg

Yesterday was the PTC Gold Coast Novice push/pull comp. All of my lifters did really well.
Mitch is still figuring out how to bench, but wanted to give it a crack. He nailed his 65 opener but misgrooved 75 twice. On the deadlifts he hit 130, 140, 150, 160, beating his previous best by 20kg
Dave had a really good day on the bench, ending up with a fairly easy 112.5 for a 5kg PB. He then went on to nail a 170kg dead for a 10kg PB
Shane hit a 95kg bench, narrowly missing 102.5kg. He went on to nail 170 and 175 for a 15kg PB deadlift.

Harrison had an awesome day, smashing 97.5kg on the bench for a 2.5kg PB with plenty more in the tank. Similar story on deadlifts where he hit 165kg for a 15kgPB, making it look like an opener.
Tim hit a 100kg bench with ease, then missed 110. He then hit a 185kg opener dead and missed 195 on his 2nd and 3rd attempts. He wanted a 4th so we let him have a crack at 192.5kg and he nailed it.

It was an awesome day!

Dean Cowan popped in yesterday to help us out with some bench overloading using the bench daddy.

Highlights included Josiah hitting 140kg x 3 and 150kg x 5 to a 2 board.
I worked up to 170kg x 3, then added boards and worked up to 190kg x 3 to a 2 board.

The overload work was great fun and really exhausting. An awesome little workout.

A new member, Marcus, who did the novice comp in January has just started with us and is now doing powerlifting training. I'm looking forward to see what he hits in 4 weeks time.

Elise is continuing to make leaps and bounds.

The rest of the crew is slugging away hard at it.

Except Paul, who had a vasectomy so is taking some time off lol.

[youtube]oMPWNj-lL64[/youtube]

Big few days down here.

Yesterday's highlights:
TJ did some heavy singles on deadlifts, working up to 3 easy 117.5kg singles. Her technique just continues to improve.
Harrison came and smashed 5 triples at 132.5kg on deads. 6 weeks ago his max was 140.
Paul came back to it, starting with some lightish squats.
I squatted up to 225kg for an easy single. I've squatted 180kg+ a handful of times and 200kg+ 3 times since nats last year, 2 of which I retore my adductor on. So I'm really happy with how things are going.

Tonight's highlights:
Mike came in and smashed 82.5kg on the bench for 4 x 4. He got 87.5kg at nats, so a big PB is looking promising.
TJ came and did some heavy singles on bench, working up to 75kg. Then hit 2 clean singles at 70kg. She then played around with the bench daddy, going 80x3, 90x2 and 100x1.
Elise and Marcus are in week 3 of their 5 week program and both smashed today's session.
Taz came in and rocked some heavy squats.

Things are pumping!