• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein pancakes

Do you have anything I can replace the cottage cheese with in your pancakes recipe? I'm currently using leanbodylifestyle's recipe for protein pancakes, but I find that it has too many carbs. Maybe it's from the ingredients I use.

3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup milk
3 egg whites
1/2 banana
1 scoop of WHEY
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder

@Chayumify

scroll down the posts, there are a lot of low carb recipes in there that don't use cottage cheese. most of mine are low carb.

yours has oats, milk, and banana in there so obviously have more carbs per serve!

Taste is subjective obviously.

Lex: WTF beef flavoured pancakes???

whats wrong with savory pancakes/crepes ?

pancake, beef (strips or minute steak ) ,kimchi - roll it up and eat
pancake , roo mince, taco sauce
pancake, roo sausage , chilli sauce or pickled chilli sauce

don't call it a pancake, call it a protein tortilla or ??

@Chayumify

scroll down the posts, there are a lot of low carb recipes in there that don't use cottage cheese. most of mine are low carb.

yours has oats, milk, and banana in there so obviously have more carbs per serve!

Yeah, I clicked into the proteinpow website after I posted that.
Haha, been brain farting all week.

whats wrong with savory pancakes/crepes ?

pancake, beef (strips or minute steak ) ,kimchi - roll it up and eat
pancake , roo mince, taco sauce
pancake, roo sausage , chilli sauce or pickled chilli sauce

don't call it a pancake, call it a protein tortilla or ??

I think pancake & I think maple syrup :p I'll stick to wraps for that sort of stuff I think.

Here you go. Promise.
Know this: if you use whey, it will turn them into rubber tyres. It's what whey does when you cook it.
If you must use whey you need a lot of moisture (it's like a sponge). ie fruit, sweet potato/pumpkin, that sort of thing.

My pancakes are the biz:
Protein Pancakes | Chocolate Chilli Mango

Also here:
= PROTEIN POW(D)ER !: Sweet Protein Pancakes
and
= PROTEIN POW(D)ER !: Savory Protein Pancakes and Wraps

you are welcome :)
Thanks for sharing ill have to give it a go when my pea protein arrives.

This is a great protein pancake recipe!
it's by Fitness Recipes FB page: https://www.facebook.com/FitnessRecipes

Total gives 36g of protein :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...65943053.17791.174689475989202&type=1&theater

and a pic
398437_181385368652946_636485598_n.jpg

Simple recipe ive been using for a while is as follows:

-50g oat bran
-10g baking powder
-2 whole eggs, 1 egg white
-1 scoop vanilla casein
-dash vanilla essence
-tsp stevia
-tsp cinnamon
-100g low fat cottage cheese

Whisk up the eggs and wet ingredients on high speed in a mixer for around 3-4 minutes, slowly add in dry ingredients and whisk for a furthur 2-3 minutes on medium speed.

For extra flavour add in some frozen blueberries or raspeberries etc.

I actually cook these in a jaffle maker, it makes 6x normal jaffle sized pancakes, takes around 3-4 minutes to cook.

Breakdown of this recipe is as follows:
Total calories 520
Protein 60g
Carbs 30g
Fat 16g
Fibre 8g

As far as people saying cottage cheese tastes like shit, just man up and try this recipe, it works and it tastes great, if you can taste the cottage cheese its because your thinking about it to much.

Keto Low/Carb Pancakes
1/2 cup almond flour/meal
3/4 cup protein powder
3 packets splenda
1/4 cup water
2 whole eggs
1 Tbsp Olive oil

I used my Strawberry flavoured WPI but plain will probably be best

Beat everything well. Cook on low-medium as these do cook quickly. Makes about six 5 inch pancakes.
Per pancake: (9.3grams fat, 2 grams net carbs, 13.3 grams protein).*
I added to these some whip cream ;)

pea protein works okay though the natural version works better for savory

wonder if casein would work ?

casein, rice, and pea all work ok.

whey works only if you add in a lot of moisture ingredients (eg cottage cheese, yoghurt, banana, sweet potato/pumpkin/random moist veg).