• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein pancakes

If you use to much of the professional whey stevia, it makes things have a slightly minty taste

Not a fan of most of those high protein versions of foods. Usually just makes good food taste like shit. My solution is chug a protein shake first then eat the food you want as normal. You get the best of both worlds. High protein and good tasting food.

Been having 'muscle toast' - basically French toast with coconut milk and a scoop of whey in with the egg every now and then for breaky. Actually really like it. Never tried the pancakes but I'd imagine they get a bit dry?

If it tasted like shit mate there is a reason why, I dont know how the hell I overlooked it but I use a tablespoon of honey as well, for some reason I missed that on the recipe. Without the honey it wont color up in the pan and it will taste bland as fark.

Give it a go with the honey in it mate, and yours also looked pretty flat, you gotta get the mix fairly well aerated so its fluffy.

Make sure you get some sugar free maple syrup - honestly if you get a good tasting protein powder - best to get either a wpi/wpc mix or a casien - acouple of scoops in a bowl - add water till its thickish - pour in pan - add some blueberries (whatever) - sugar free maple syrup - away you go.

You could add an egg/s to it if you wanted to - or even get a protein bar and cut it up into little bits to make choc chip pancakes and get some sugarfree choc sauce.

Last edited:
Make sure you get some sugar free maple syrup - honestly if you get a good tasting protein powder - best to get either a wpi/wpc mix or a casien - acouple of scoops in a bowl - add water till its thickish - pour in pan - add some blueberries (whatever) - sugar free maple syrup - away you go.

You could add an egg/s to it if you wanted to - or even get a protein bar and cut it up into little bits to make choc chip pancakes and get some sugarfree choc sauce.

unless you are like me and sugar polyols make you sick ... SF maple not on the agenda :-/

but then real maple ... why mess with that???????? :D