• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein pancakes

They taste awesome!!
Mixture was thick as all fuck though...had to spread it onto pan :p
Best ive had.
Perhaps vivmidge can advise?? Re the thickness? I added anothet 1/4 cup of water. Barely affected.

Last edited:
They taste awesome!!
Mixture was thick as all fuck though...had to spread it onto pan :p
Best ive had.
Perhaps vivmidge can advise?? Re the thickness? I added anothet 1/4 cup of water. Barely affected.

which ones did you make? Psyllium will thicken the pancake batter A LOT.

Leave out the psyllium :)

ps vivmidge???? :mad::D
had to ask for assistance again at the gym yesterday due to height challenges and inability to reach.

Tip: eating protein pancakes will not make you taller :p

Or just more water? I like that it made 800+ calories. :p

I made these again and backed off the almond meal to 1/4 cup instead of half. Mixture was still fluidly but mine didn't come out as thick as yours with the original recipe....:confused:

Have been playing around with this recipe for a while now ( im a qualified pastry chef/baker so its a bit of a side hobby ) and ive come up with the best recipe thus far for protein pancakes, its simpler than ever;

-3x X large full eggs, 3x egg whites
-80g oat bran
-tsp cinnamon
-1x tbsp honey
-tablespoon natvia sweetner ( equal or stevia will work fine )
-dash of vanilla essence
-good pinch of salt
-tsp bicarb soda

OPTIONAL: Blueberries

Method:

Place eggs, sweetner and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl, the key is to make sure the eggs are at or slightly above room temperature to get the best aeration, ( i achieve this by placing submerging the stainless steel mixing bowl into a half sink of hot water and stirring the mix around until its slightly warmer than body temp ) mix the eggs on high speed for around 2-3 minutes or until the mix is nice and light creamy and fluffy. Turn the mixer to the lowest speed and slowly fold in the dry ingredients until blended in, DO NOT OVER MIX! There is no gluten to develop in this recipe so we just have to make sure the dry ingredients are mixed in well enough and thats all it needs.

Cook the mixture in either a frying pan or a pancake maker as you would with normal pancakes, if adding blueberries add them in AFTER you have poured the mix into the frying pan or pancake maker, adding them into the mixture itself will knock the air out of it and also lower the batter temp and introduce unwanted moisture.

I get around 12 from this recipe using around 100g of frozen blueberries ( thawed before using ).

Nutrient breakdown:

Protein, around 40-45g
Carbs, around 40g
Fat, around 17-20g depending on the size of the eggs and amount of cooking spray used
Fibre, 8g

Last edited:
Just realised when entering recipe into My Fitness Pal that I didn't add water....?
I might 're-write to what I made today. I found the olive oil burns off in the pan and you gotta kept mixing the batter before pouring into pan.

Hey guys looking to change my protein pancake macros around a little, been putting oats in them to bring carbs up was wondering if anyone else has been using something different thats low GI and has decent carb/fat ratio

My favourite is my super low carb pancake (if you don't mind a slightly dry texture)
2 scoops International Protein superior whey (tastes awesome)
1/2 cup almond meal
Splash of skim milk
2 egg whites
No fat cooking spray.
YUM!
I put frozen raspberries on the top (cheats carbs) but tastes amazing!!

Doesn't cottage cheese taste like shit? what can I subsitute? then I'll probably just cover in syrup anyway...

How long would they last in a fridge, would they be fine after 3 days?

I wouldn't blend or mix cottage cheese with anything then store it In the fridge for days... unless you plan on taking a few sick days off at work lol

Have been playing around with this recipe for a while now ( im a qualified pastry chef/baker so its a bit of a side hobby ) and ive come up with the best recipe thus far for protein pancakes, its simpler than ever;

-3x X large full eggs, 3x egg whites
-80g oat bran
-tsp cinnamon
-tablespoon natvia sweetner ( equal or stevia will work fine )
-dash of vanilla essence
-good pinch of salt
-tsp bicarb soda

OPTIONAL: Blueberries

Method:

Place eggs, sweetner and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl, the key is to make sure the eggs are at or slightly above room temperature to get the best aeration, ( i achieve this by placing submerging the stainless steel mixing bowl into a half sink of hot water and stirring the mix around until its slightly warmer than body temp ) mix the eggs on high speed for around 2-3 minutes or until the mix is nice and light creamy and fluffy. Turn the mixer to the lowest speed and slowly fold in the dry ingredients until blended in, DO NOT OVER MIX! There is no gluten to develop in this recipe so we just have to make sure the dry ingredients are mixed in well enough and thats all it needs.

Cook the mixture in either a frying pan or a pancake maker as you would with normal pancakes, if adding blueberries add them in AFTER you have poured the mix into the frying pan or pancake maker, adding them into the mixture itself will knock the air out of it and also lower the batter temp and introduce unwanted moisture.

I get around 12 from this recipe using around 100g of frozen blueberries ( thawed before using ).

Nutrient breakdown:

Protein, around 40-45g
Carbs, around 40g
Fat, around 17-20g depending on the size of the eggs and amount of cooking spray used
Fibre, 8g

Old thread I know, but I made these today. Tasted like absolute rubbish!!! Might try a different recipie next time I think.

dapabe7e.jpg

You need to have some sweetness or fruit sugars in the food already.

The bulk nutrients one isn't good - quiet bitter

I've tried a few. I don't find them sweet at all. It's makes the food or shake taste like crap.

you are probably making the common mistake of adding too much.
if you add too much you get the stevia afterburn.

less is more. seriously 1/8 teaspoon is equivalent to 1 cup of sugar.

Professional Whey stevia is the best I've tried. next to that is Nirvana pure stevia powder (health food shops and online).

most others are sub par, it's true.

the professional whey is one of the few that works well in jelly (making your jelly using gelatin and fruit eg frozen blueberries etc)