• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRawOne Results

One of my lifters asked what sort of lifts she'd need to compete.

I suggested that at her current bodyweight of ~64kg, lifts of SQ75 BP50 DL100 or higher would be quite respectable, but that anyone who entered and got 9 good lifts in their first comp could walk away proud.

I suggested that at her current bodyweight of ~64kg, lifts of SQ75 BP50 DL100 or higher would be quite respectable, but that anyone who entered and got 9 good lifts in their first comp could walk away proud.

I entered, missed four lifts, went dead last in my class by over 100kg.

But I also got my goal of a 500kg total and learned a lot from the experience.

Would recommend these comps to any first time lifter, Markos and the other lifters were all very supportive.

The mere fact of having a competition total (any total will do) to start with will drive your training like nothing else. Personally I'm obsessed with numbers (in any field) and to see my numbers (lifts) go up is a big motivator.

you can't win from the grandstand.....

it is important that lifters understand that it doesn't matter what your lifts are our how far away you are from the competition any thing can and usually does happen on the day and you still have to be in the game to have a chance of winning, the smartest winner will generally win over the strongest (they are not always one and the same)....

I won the PA Nationals during my first year of lifting because of the favourite bombing, I totaled 690 equipped, hardly world class..or any class for that matter, but I lifted within my limits and made sure I got my lifts in comfortably.

Things could have also been very different on Saturday with my leg imploding during warmups, I new what I had to take to be in front and new how much I could do without doing to much more damage to my leg so I took 240 (after doing 250 for a double in warmups). Then during bench warmups my back was spasming like a mofo and I couldn't get a good setup so I dropped my opener by 10kgs, and my hand kept cramping closed when warming up for deads...

Gawain had similar issues cramping etc. and Taylor who is stronger than most men I know did her hammie warming up for deads and couldn't finish handing the prize over to the next best lifter.

So it's no good looking at the results and saying it's not worth entering because I'm miles away from the others, or saying I need to lift x before I compete, because you ain't going to win from the stands.

Excellent words of wisdom there i totally agree I was a first time lifter and over exceeded what I thought I could lift.. Being in the moment and on the day with the atmosphere I managed to find that little bit extra to finish second.. Definitely can't win from the stands

So true, well said Jonnie.
I held off for years because I thought I wasn't up to it and wanted to wait till I was good enough. In the end I decided all that mattered was that I did the best I could. My focus became improving my lifts rather than worrying about how I stacked up. Nearly everyone I know who has stepped up and decided to compete has amazed themselves and after a few comps they lift more than they ever imagined they could.

you can't win from the grandstand.....

it is important that lifters understand that it doesn't matter what your lifts are our how far away you are from the competition any thing can and usually does happen on the day and you still have to be in the game to have a chance of winning, the smartest winner will generally win over the strongest (they are not always one and the same)....

I won the PA Nationals during my first year of lifting because of the favourite bombing, I totaled 690 equipped, hardly world class..or any class for that matter, but I lifted within my limits and made sure I got my lifts in comfortably.

Things could have also been very different on Saturday with my leg imploding during warmups, I new what I had to take to be in front and new how much I could do without doing to much more damage to my leg so I took 240 (after doing 250 for a double in warmups). Then during bench warmups my back was spasming like a mofo and I couldn't get a good setup so I dropped my opener by 10kgs, and my hand kept cramping closed when warming up for deads...

Gawain had similar issues cramping etc. and Taylor who is stronger than most men I know did her hammie warming up for deads and couldn't finish handing the prize over to the next best lifter.

So it's no good looking at the results and saying it's not worth entering because I'm miles away from the others, or saying I need to lift x before I compete, because you ain't going to win from the stands.

Markos - I saw a couple of guys with neat DSLR cameras - any ideas if they are gonna give out the photos?

I posted all the videos I have, but every single lift was captured on film.

My iPhone needed recharging sorry

Cool thanks anyway, I can wait for the DVD's anyway.

BTW I forgot to thank you for giving me advice after my second deadlift attempt, it's good that you care about all the lifters whether they lift at PTC or not.

I think you'll find most people in PL will help any lifter Tudorbacca.

At ProRaw, I have no clients, I suppose I am the Meet Director. That doesnt prohibit me from helping anyone and everyone.

Gawain, Gregg, Nathan, Nick, Max, everyone will help at my meets. Its been like that since 2007, the first AD comp.

Cool thanks anyway, I can wait for the DVD's anyway.

BTW I forgot to thank you for giving me advice after my second deadlift attempt, it's good that you care about all the lifters whether they lift at PTC or not.

Tudor...the best thing about this sport is allthough it is competative, every lifter knows (from the rookies to the elite) how much hard work, commitment and sacrafice has been put into getting to the platform on that day and respect is given to every lifter...it's a bretheren.....every lifter shares the triumph and heartbreak another experiences...you will never get cold shouldered laughed at out of malice or brushed off....everyone loves to see a lifter set new PR no matter what the weight.....

It's a lot different to other sports where for me to score points I need to get a ball, puck, whatever off you thereby preventing you from scoring. I can get the same total regardless of what you lift the only difference being a ranking at the end of the day.

Not many sports allow you and your competitor(s) to cheer for each other and both get a higher score.

ProRaw Ladder - Glossbrenner points carried forward

1. 438.15 - Matt Middleton
2. 414.72 - Nathan Jones
3. 396.77 - Gawain Johnstone
4. 374.71 - Brent Drake
5. 371.67 - Alex Fergus
6. 359.20 - Kelly Chan
7. 352.74 - Gareth Anderson
8. 352.34 - Jeremy Lewis
9. 349.34 - Ryan Flavin
10. 315.59 - Dimitrios Papaconstantinou
11. 312.65 - Blake Hanson
12. 298.71 - John Sheridan
13. 298.30 - Jon Nichols
14. 290.97 - Luke Russel
15. 289.44 - Rhett Spilkin
16. 287.75 - Adam Lam
17. 287.72 - Tudor Sava
18. 286.36 - Michael Mitchell
19. 286.34 - Dave Carrigan
20. 267.30 - Dimitria Strathopoulos
21. 262.29 - Jack Pollard
22. 237.48 - Sussy Kollon
23. 235.67 - Dijon Gordon
24. nil - Taylor Young
25. nil - Ann Riley

Its amazing to see proraw on something as large as pl watch.

Great job everyone.

This recognition is certainly a true testament to the hard work Markos has put into ProRaw over the past 4+ months, the faith in the concept given to him by those who joined in the early stages and the sponsors who have showed their generosity.