• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw Powerlifting

Markos

About the rising bench deal,... Say a strong lifter walks in and wants to start at xxx on the bar, he is the first lifter, does that mean that the other lifters that cant even do his opener do not get a lift for that exercise, and thus no lift value to contribute to their totals??

Lightest weight called goes first...example.

Mick opens with 100kg on the bench. Next lowest bench is 110kg, Mick wants 105kg for his 2nd, he goes before 110kg and so on. The bar weight keeps rising, but we begin with the lowest weight.

Everybody has exactly the same oppurtunity, 3 lifts each.

What you cant do is, make 100kg opener, watch the bar weight climb to 180kg, then call for your second attempt at 110kg, that ship has sailed.

Once a lifter makes their first or second attempt, they notify the score bench as to their next attempt. If its the next lowest weight on their list, you follow yourself after 3 minutes.

If you call 110kg after opening on 100kg, and Big Nick has asked for 105kg, if he calls for 107.5kg on his second, he follows himself. He'll probably make it, then he calls for 112.5kg for his third, you play tactics and call for 115kg, forcing him to follow himself again, and he fails*.

You can then not call lower than 115kg, the bar must go up.

* He probably could normally make that lift, but Big Nick cracks under pressure

Hope that helps

Similar to the men's weightlifting the other night (77kg division). The Nigerian Felix Ekpo and Yukio Peter from Nauru were increasing their opening lifts for the c&j (they both got the same highest lift in the snatch). Eventually Peter came out and lifted 185kg, then Ekpo failed 185kg 3 times meaning he didn't post a total and the Australian Ben Turner ended up with Silver instead of Bronze. Turner didn't even attempt a 3rd lift as he was too far behind the other 2 for it to make a difference as far as a medal was concerned.

The games/tactics were half of the entertainment.

Spot on, powerlifting used to have the same format.

when numbers dwindled, they switched over to rounds, which is boring as bat shit, and numbers dwindled further.

Rising bar makes competition interesting.

Interesting competition has been lacking in this sport for quite some time

Spot on, powerlifting used to have the same format.

when numbers dwindled, they switched over to rounds, which is boring as bat shit, and numbers dwindled further.

Rising bar makes competition interesting.

Interesting competition has been lacking in this sport for quite some time

Adds an element of Risk to it as well..

You might go all in in an attempt to beat the other guy with more then usual . You either get it or you don't but there's a risk to it. Sounds interesting.

I can't wait for this
Posted via Mobile Device

i like rising bar. BATB comps were run this way and it was very entertaining especially when someone forgot to call their next go and was forced to lift a higher weight than anticipated. Some PB's were smashed by 20kg + this way on adrenalin and the crowd alone!

Couldn't find the logo thread, here is something i just made before.. nothing special lol
53859654.jpg

yea i was going to add more and bend it, just went to sleep instead..

just don't wanna put more effort into it if the boss thinks it sucks
81441074.jpg

Last edited:
That is bloody brilliant. You have skills.

I like the bend, more plates would be nice and the word POWERLIFTING accross the bottom maybe

Its nice work, but its too technical, you have to consider it being used on a tshirt or banner, in which case i dont thik it would look good.

It looks good on a high resolution monitor.