• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw Powerlifting

PTC

After attending 2 State Comps, 2 National events and a World Championship in the past 6 months, I have come to the conclusion that the one thing that is missing from competition is..........competition.

Another thing missing is financial reward for the Strongest Sport in the world.

It could also do with more atmosphere and publicity.

I have run and organized comps out of a garage for 4 years. It has got to the stage where they got too big.

I am securing a bigger venue as we speak.

I am lucky to have some of the best sponsors/supporters at my gym. I feel I give them good bang for their buck.

I have spoken to lifters all over the World now, in person, email and forums.

Raw is the future, as PA have just discovered, but its not perfect.

The one thing most raw lifters want is knee wraps. Their in.

Everyone wants money. Done.

Competition. The strong seek it, the weak hide from it. I want to attract the strong.

Four divisions total. No age divisions at all

85kg
105kg
125kg
125kg+

Thats it for men

60kg
75kg
75kg+

Thats it for women

Healthy competition in every division, prize money, the strongest lifters

Leave late January free on your calender.

No token lifts as there will be no single lift records kept, only totals, token all you like. Were lifting to win, not set records.

No 4th attempts, not required

No 24 hour weigh in, its a crock of shit

Rising bar, let the tactics begin, loaders thank me later.

Music, loud, lots of it

markos@prorawpowerlifting.com

Its 100% happening, I'm trying to get as much prizemoney as possible.

Sick of trophies and records, show me the money lol

I'm talking 4 figures for each class from the first comp

Are you in charge?

Only Melbourne comps?

Can you lift in multiple Feds?
Posted via Mobile Device

Belts, knee wraps and wrist wraps. I'm considering elbow sleeves, feedback?????

CAPO allows lifters to lift in multiple feds

All comps will be Melbourne based in first year, minimum 2 comps in first year, maximum 4.

After that we will see, may even attract internationals. I have some support from the States.

Right now it costs just over $200 to join CAPO, compete at the Nats and Vics.

This will cost $100 joining and no comp will ever cost more than $50, so roughly the same, but with prize money

WILKS or just highest total per weight group?

Licence to eat if its best total with the lowest group not kicking in until 85kg! :D Me and a lot of other lifters in that first weight group would be giving others a 10kg or more bodyweight head start.

Sounds good mate, keep us posted.

Cheers,
Mike

No Wilkes or anything like that.

Its a weightlifting competition, who ever lifts the most weight in those 4 divisions wins.

I know this concept has disappeared of late, I feel the only way to bring it back is to not have so many weight classes or age groups.

I watched Laurie Butler at 63 deadlift 300kg FFS, he can compete with ANYONE

Totalstrength is a lightweight, who happens to DL 250kg.

Eat up fellas, no more cutting to make weight.

So, weigh-in the morning of the comp, then?

I'll see if I can bring a couple of lifters to it. Women only, the men lifters I work with are too busy worrying about sixpack abs to get strong.

No CAPO, its Pro, doesnt need sanctioning from anyone.

I get to control everything, so no more whinging lol

I would love PA lifters to come accross, but if there is something keeping them there, then they should stay.

I'm just eliminating what I see as shortfalls in competition. The guys that lifted at PTC comps said they preferred them, so its now on a MUCH bigger scale.

We will still lift at CAPO and WPC comps as well, its not replacing, its adding.

Rising bar? So if someone right before you calls 150kg, you have to do at least 151kg?
The bar will go up in 2.5kg jumps. Markos will call the weight then the lifter that want that weight can take it. If they want to take it again they will go at the end of the lifters lifting said weight. If they are the only lifter they will have a 2 min break between lifts.

You know what I might give this a bash, even if my training is shite in Jan. Would be nice to get some lifts done in a comp.

So will this basically cost $150 to enter?

Will I have to say what weight class I'll be in before signing up, or can I just rock up on the day and lift in whatever class I fall into?

This has been done in the States with great success, Clash of the Titans.

Its held once a year and House of Pain are major sponsors.

I spoke to Sean Katterle in Idaho at length about it. I told him I used to run comps but they had got to big.

I decided to take a gamble. He was impressed that I could raise the funds for our trip in todays climate. I explained that I had very good sponsors.

The reason this cant be sanctioned is

No 4th attempts
Knee wraps
Different weight classes
No age divisions
No single lift records in 3 lift comp
Rising bar

At the CAPO Nats, Spiros, James, Nina, Nathan, Daryl, Vicki etc all competed alone.

Is that REALLY competition?

How about this, Dim lifted in the 75kg Raw Open section, alone. How the f u c k can you lift alone in that division with 100 lifters "competing"

Its become a farce. We need official competition and will always compete at WPC/CAPO.

This will replace Australia Day and Bash at the Beach.

Nick v Gregg v Jason v Spiros v Tom v Jeff v Matt v Chris v Mitch in the 105kg class