• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw Powerlifting

Some of you who dont have your finger on the pulse may want to check this out.

Worldlifting made its first announcement around a week after I did on here, its a coincidence. It was posted on Powerlifting Watch.

WORLDLIFTING

Clash of the Titans is up to its 4th comp. I'm hoping to get some deal going with them.

Hardcore Powerlifting

We all have the same rules regarding equipment. we all offer prizemoney.

Can you guys see a synergy?

Markos, you know more about this than most.

although, perhaps peoples definition of raw needs re-adjusting.

See how you feel if you get to 200kg+ for reps in training each week and are looking to 250kg+ in comps.

You will want something on your knees.

No, I dont know what 200kg feels like, I will one day.

Your sig. says you dont use wraps? Are you using wraps now or not?

I use tight sleeves now and my knees feel much better for it.

I've got knee wraps on order and will be putting them on if/when I feel the sleeves dont do what I want anymore. Or when i need to compete in them, whatever comes first.

I like the control wrap idea too Markos/Mac

But if you bought some last event why would you want to buy them again?

What sleeves and wraps did you get nick?

Im looking at things but i dont know whats good and what isnt...

Last edited:
Sleeves i got the inzer velcro ones.

Wraps i'm getting whatever ones Greggg tells me to get. Inzer something i think.

I dont know if I'll wear them yet. If i can be competitive with just sleeves and my knees are still ok i'll just wear sleeves. If i need to wrap up to be competitive though i will.

so what are peoples view on the best sleeves.. Rehbands ?? where do you get rehbands from everyone seems to be wearing them.

Sleeves i got the inzer velcro ones.

Wraps i'm getting whatever ones Greggg tells me to get. Inzer something i think.

I dont know if I'll wear them yet. If i can be competitive with just sleeves and my knees are still ok i'll just wear sleeves. If i need to wrap up to be competitive though i will.

Where did u get them from nick?

solid but not depth. Super centurion is also super uncomfortable, TRX at least let me get depth, I should really have stuck to the TRX at last lift at nationals and gone for 290kg instead of 300kg which squished me.
Carryover is all about training in the equipment, and working out how best to maximise the support of the shirt and suit/wraps.

I find Raw much easier on the body than equipped, and I don't end up with bruises, and a red face from the pressure of the suit. My goals are 250kg squat, 150kg bench, and 272.5kg raw deadlift before I put the equipment back on. that should give me 300+ 200+ and 290ish

So is it more a question of weight required Mac to get depth for the centurion and/or the time to break it in..? and then the question of your ability to lock out the magical 300+ once the suit stops doing its thing?

So will you be joining the many in the raw division of the ipf..?
Is there any particular reason why the raw goals before adding gear back into the mix?
Just interested considering your quote above "Carryover is all about training in the equipment, and working out how best to maximise the support of the shirt and suit/wraps." Cheers

It's no so much the weight required, as comfort and style. All suits in my experience require a different squat style than Raw, but with the TRX I found
it was closer to my raw technique, plus it didn't create as much head pressure and redness in my face as the super cent.

I've been pushing for raw behind the scenes for quite a while, and have been working with PA exec to get raw officially confirmed. Should be announced on website in the next week or 2.

The raw goals are just what I feel I need to get to my equipped goals. The other reasons is that I enjoy training and competing raw more than equipped, plus over summer training in shirts, wraps and suits is much harder.

the other issue with carryover is I suspect that it's easier for novice lifters to get big carryover than more experienced. 300kg still feels heavy on your back no matter what suit or wraps you are wearing, and no suit helps with walkout either. I think Jonnie is probably getting similar suit carryover as me now, and could get similar shirt carryover if he switched to a Katana and worked lockout strength and shirt technique more.

Thanks Mac!!
I'm always picking brains for info and ideas regarding gear, training techniques, etc and just wanted to see your perspective on things..

Anything that i can use to get "stronger, faster" :)

If jonnie gets more carryover then he is already he will be pushing some damn big numbers as well as pushing Chris and you know who..
Cheers again Mac!

Last edited: