• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw......its official

Congratulations to all for what reads like it was a great day. It's a good thing that will hopefully raise awareness of the sport and generate some more interest in it.

Well ProRawOne just went off, and I couldnt be happier, or so I thought. I just got off the phone from a lifter who rang me to congratulate me for pulling it off, and to tell me he's in. I wont name him, but he has totaled 900kg+ in the past. I will name him later on. We will also have 2 more guys who have benched 230-240kg raw at the next one, both squat well over 300kg. I guess a lot sat back to see if it would happen. It happened.

This is awesome news.

This guy has rung me 4 times today Sadly, I dont think I'll be able to run anymore ProRawPowerlifting comps at PTC, it wont be big enough. I'm on the look out for a new place. I also think it will be held over 2 days as well. The Rep Challenge will be fine at PTC, but ProRawTwo wont fit. I'll keep this thread for news on ProRaw.

No shallow squats at ProRaw

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvH4kqrvcA]YouTube - ProRawOne, Kelly squats 170kg@79kg[/ame]

No rising bar

Hydraulic squat stands to cater for the 5-6 lifters going over 300kg

Looking at some this week

More money for the lifters

Not a chance

Walk out squats only at ProRaw

If I get one it will be used with CAPO comps though

In the spirit of a classic powerlifting that you've brought to everything else (raw, walked out squats, proper squat depth etc), I was suprised to see a specialty deadlift bar was used. Is this something that will be carried through?

I know CAPO allows them but what's your position on heels off the ground and head off the bench in bench press?

^ Did they always use specialty deadlift bars?

(Honest question, I know nothing about powerlifting history.)

that URL is broken :p

Powerlifting and the IPF were both around long before specialty deadlift bars.

I was genuinely interested in your opinion. Not everything is about feds and history. If it was all about history we would all still allow a reverse and underhand grips, which were commonplace but are now banned no matter where you compete. Surely people can discuss the pros and cons of different powerlifting rules on their merits?