• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your goals - RIGHT NOW!

My main goal atm is to get back up to pre-accident lifts. Then, can get on with the many other goals i have

How much do you weigh now and what sort of time frame are we talking here :|

Haha I'm currently 81-82kg and as long as it takes tbh I know they don't have FANTASTIC bodies but it's alot better then what I'm working with now lol

to lift double my body-weight in all big lifts. Squat,Dead,Bench long - long term

break 100 deads at 5 reps , over head press 60kg for 10 ,t row 60 for 10 -short term

about 2 and half years ago before whole serious of injuries I was 95kg and I did following for 1RM, Bench 135kg, Squat 160kg, Deadlift 180kg.

Now I'm 82kg and I've no idea what my bench is (none in my gym), but my squat for 5 reps is 110kg and my deadlift is 115kg.

My goals are the same lifts as before, but hopefully at no more than 85kg body weight. I'm around 12% bodyfat now, but I want to drop to around 10-8%, the last time when I did my big lifts I was around 16-18% body fat. Get bigger arms than last time as well. Right now they are 15" with pump (14.5" without) and I want them to be bigger by at least an inch or inch and half.

Well, that's my goals for the next 6-12 months.

I think first thing I need to do is improve and watch my diet, since I know I should be able to do the rest training wise.

Post your goals - RIGHT NOW!

There was a similar question asked at the end of last year, and my reply back then was to get to 100kg. At the time I was 90kg and training hard, with building more muscles as my priority.

Things have changed dramatically since then...

Today, after not training for about 2 months, I lost 15kg. I know, I lose weight when I don't train and gain when I do (mainly muscles). My outlook on life has changed immensely in those few months since my reply last year.

I no longer eat meat, chicken, eggs, or dairy. No, I'm not a vegetarian nor a vegan, as I do have sardines. My focus has been on balancing the omega 6 to omega 3 ratios and on taking in only what I need of those two essential fatty acids to help my body do the rest (in manufacturing all other different fatty acids).

My diet now would be about 80-90% carbohydrate, no processed (or hardly any) processed food though. My goal is to finally enjoy what I have been involved in for the past 32 years of my life, and that is the lifting of weights. It all started way too seriously back in 1980 (where if I did not show up to training, I would have been given a ticket/fine of $50). Big money back in the early 80s. So it was either perform or see you later...

That attitude I ended up imposing upon myself after leaving Olympic weightlifting and taking up the sport of bodybuilding. Well, I've decided that enough was enough and I will enjoy myself from now on and train the way I want to train and not the way I have to train.

I did all the wrong things after my fall down the stairs back in Oct 2009, which caused more harm to both my left shoulder and elbow, hence I've taken two month off recently.

What's my goal NOW? It's to get back into training, beginning next month. I want to power clean until the cows come home. I want to be healthy, fit, and looking my best as I approach my 47th birthday.

Fadi.

Last edited:
There was a similar question asked at the end of last year, and my reply back then was to get to 100kg. At the time I was 90kg and training hard, with building more muscles as my priority.

Today, after not training for about 2 months, I lost 15kg. I know, I lose weight when I don't train and gain when I do (mainly muscles). My outlook on life has changed immensely in those few months since my reply last year.

I no longer eat meat, chicken, eggs, or dairy. No, I'm not a vegetarian nor a vegan, as I do have sardines. My focus has been on balancing the omega 6 to omega 3 ratios and on taking in only what I need of those two essential fatty acids to help my body do the rest (in manufacturing all other different fatty acids).

My diet now would be about 80-90% carbohydrate, no processed (or hardly any) processed food though. My goal is to finally enjoy what I have been involved in for the past 32 years of my life, and that is the lifting of weights. It all started way too seriously back in 1980 (where if I did not show up to training, I would have been given a ticket/fine of $50). Big money back in the early 80s. So it was either perform or see you later...

That attitude I ended up imposing upon myself after leaving Olympic weightlifting and taking up the sport of bodybuilding. Well, I've decided that enough was enough and I will enjoy myself from now on and train the way I want to train and not the way I have to train.

I did all the wrong things after my fall down the stairs back in Oct 2009, which caused more harm to both my left shoulder and elbow, hence I've taken two month off recently.

What's my goal NOW? It's to get back into training, beginning next month. I want to power clean until the cows come home. I want to be healthy, fit, and looking my best as I approach my 47th birthday.

Fadi.

Great goal Fadi! I want to be healthy, fit and looking my best as I approach my 37th birthday too ;)

Thankfully, I have some time lol

I look forward to watching and noting your progress and the journey dear man :)

Fadi.

Ah yes, I remember 47!
Fadi, why have you given up protein intake?

Great goal Fadi! I want to be healthy, fit and looking my best as I approach my 37th birthday too ;)

Thankfully, I have some time lol

I look forward to watching and noting your progress and the journey dear man :)

Thank you Bella, you’re so sweet. I was contemplating starting a journal on here, but I'm still in that contemplating mode. I just want to be free Bella, free from me, that is all really.

Fadi.

Thank you Bella, you’re so sweet. I was contemplating starting a journal on here, but I'm still in that contemplating mode. I just want to be free Bella, free from me, that is all really.

Fadi.

Hmmm you're a man born of years of conditioning and commitment Fadi.

Freedom is already yours, you just have to allow it my friend :)

Just as all of us do...

We're all so very different aren't we? But ultimately, in the very end...we all seek freedom in some sense. We tie ourselves to ideals Fadi...each and every one of us.

Throw off the shackles, dust out the cobwebs, let go of yesterday, for whilst it's beautiful in many ways, it has no place in the present. You are you, in this very moment - whatever you want to be and do and feel and see, you can.

Freedom....what beautiful things, the word alone, does for the heart :)

Hmmm you're a man born of years of conditioning and commitment Fadi.

Freedom is already yours, you just have to allow it my friend :)

Just as all of us do...

We're all so very different aren't we? But ultimately, in the very end...we all seek freedom in some sense. We tie ourselves to ideals Fadi...each and every one of us.

Throw off the shackles, dust out the cobwebs, let go of yesterday, for whilst it's beautiful in many ways, it has no place in the present. You are you, in this very moment - whatever you want to be and do and feel and see, you can.

Freedom....what beautiful things, the word alone, does for the heart :)
Your words are both emancipating and beautiful lovely woman. Thank you for taking the time…

Fadi.

Last edited:
500 for me too, 10kg each lift, which should come in a couple months as I'm still on the newbie gains...after that who knows? 600 by years end??

70kg by July 2012.

Watch this space.....................................................................:D

I want to be fit and healthy and hope to compete in the next few years if things go well and if not I'll be happy either way