• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your goals - RIGHT NOW!

get back in range of cutting to 83s. need to go from 96 to 88 asap. with oceanias around the corner and having nominated for 83s will be my inspiration. bring it on

1. Adequately rest strained lower back
2. not go "too" crazy on Footy finals weekend
3. RFL starting next Wed for 12 days to finish cut

1. Squat 70kg x 4 x 10 next week :eek:

2. Purchase wheelchair :D
How close are you to 4x10x70kg? I've done 5x10x70kg twice this week, bumping up the weight on Monday. I'm going to feel like a little bish very soon at the rate you're going! :eek:

It shall be mine next week :D

waterboy-you-can-do-it.jpg
waterboy3.jpg

I would like to get within 90% of my pb's when I was in my late twenties and to pull together a full three lift contest with a RAW total of 650kg in masters 1.

Squat 220kg RAW, only a belt and sleeves
Bench 170kg RAW
Deadlift 260kg RAW

IPF, No pills no pins.

I'm giving myself about another six months to a year to hit the targets. I have a fair bit of work to do with my gay left leg holding me back but I have lifted all of these weights before so it's not new territory. I have a lot of trouble making the squat depth mainly due to fear of re-injury.

If time permits I might try a three lift contest in October with a token squat and maybe a high 500 total.

Also don't want to get too lean. But need to keep some mobility for IPSC shooting. I really suck at prac pistol but at least I can get the body moving over the course of fire a bit faster.

October unlikely. Have a few roadshows to do which will either screw with the schedule or overlap with the lifting event. It gives me more time to fully rebuild the leg and ensure the squat number at least has a 2 in front of it.

And is your aim to hit 120/80/150 for the same number of reps, or as 1RMs? If it's the latter, you don't have far to go. 3x10x70kg squats should carry over to about 1x100kg without much drama. 3x8x47.5kg BP should carry over to about 1x65kg, and 3x5x90kg DL should carry over to about 1x110-120kg. Obviously, results may vary, but I reckon you're about 15-30kg out (depending on the lift) to be able to hit those numbers. Power ahead.

I'm hoping to get to 120/80/150 for my working sets. With 13 weeks left in the year I think that's entirely achievable. I'm still not quite sure what the point is of measuring 1RMs, unless you were competing or something but I'm a long way from even thinking about that.

Thanks for the support though man!