• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My staple! Crispy Skin Salmon sprinkled with himalaya salt, Stir Fried Kale with loads of gardlic. Lime cheek garnish.

Cal: 628, protein: 58g, Carbs: 24g, Fat: 36g

7vJt4Xa.jpg

Made a warm seasonal salad for lunch today with grilled eggplant, fennel, rocket, iceberg lettuce and avocado dressed with a little of my own chilli oil and fig vincotto.
Topped the salad off with some lemon and dijon turkey thigh strips (I added a splash of whiskey lol).
Was superb with a slice of warm oat sourdough

11071528_10152559906710904_2094355769504949301_n.jpg

You'll find a lot of foods we eat everyday contain small amounts of naturally occurring poisons but are harmless in the amounts we can eat. Eg almonds contain cyanide.
Please qualify your comment, by making a distinction between the type of almond. I, you, the whole world can eat a ton of almonds of the sweet almond tree type and would have zero issue with it. No so if you opt to eating from the bitter almond tree with its high amount of that naturally occurring poison you made reference to in your (incomplete) comment.

If anyone here would like to know what I'm talking about and taste the difference between these two varieties, please go and buy yourself an apricot. Crack its kernel and taste it. You would find that (9/10) it would be very bitter. You won't find bitter almonds in your local shop because they are not for sale there.

Please qualify your comment, by making a distinction between the type of almond. I, you, the whole world can eat a ton of almonds of the sweet almond tree type and would have zero issue with it. No so if you opt to eating from the bitter almond tree with its high amount of that naturally occurring poison you made reference to in your (incomplete) comment.

If anyone here would like to know what I'm talking about and taste the difference between these two varieties, please go and buy yourself an apricot. Crack its kernel and taste it. You would find that (9/10) it would be very bitter. You won't find bitter almonds in your local shop because they are not for sale there.
Said apricot kernals have wicked cancer killing properties.

Said apricot kernals have wicked cancer killing properties.
Yes, many health practitioners believe so. And it just so happens that the apricot fruit (the whole apricot) is made use of by the Hunza valley people. As a kid (and even now when I get a chance), I crack open few bitter kernels and have me some vitamin B15 and B17. Perhaps the FDA has banned such B vitamins because of their positive effects on cancer cells, or perhaps because they can not regulate their usage.

Last edited:
Yes, many health practitioners believe so. And it just so happens that the apricot fruit (the whole apricot) is made use of by the Hunza valley people. As a kid (and even now when I get a chance), I crack open few bitter kernels and have me some vitamin B15 and B17. Perhaps the FDA has banned such B vitamins because of their positive effects on cancer cells, or perhaps because they can not regulate their usage.
Yep natural product so can't make money off it... My father in law has prostate cancer his psa levels halved with only taking the apricot kernels ground up... Anecdotal evidence but still

Yep natural product so can't make money off it... My father in law has prostate cancer his psa levels halved with only taking the apricot kernels ground up... Anecdotal evidence but still
I'm fully supportive of every word you wrote. I whole heartedly believe that for every disease , there is also an ease....in nature to counteract or bring back to balance whatever it is that had gone out of balance.

the FDA had problems with apricot kernels due to the levels of cyanide present in them. this is why they are often called "bitter almonds" and why someone poisoned with cyanide usually had breath that smelled like almonds.

I use them in my almond mix to make amaretti or anything that needs that bitter almond flavour. You just need to keep the dose of them at the right levels to get the nutritional and/or flavour benefits without getting too much of the killer poison

:)

Actually, Fadi, they are now widely available in many health food shops in Australia.
Prior to that, you only used to find them at Italian delis.

Status
Not open for further replies.