• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Fadi, they are now widely available in many health food shops in Australia.
Prior to that, you only used to find them at Italian delis.
Thank you for this info Vivian. Are they used for medicinal purposes do you know? Funny, as children, we just used to crack open the apricot kernel and enjoy that bitter/sweet kernel inside,...no questions asked! I believe we simply followed our instinct by having just enough due to the bitterness and the task involved in extracting the kernel from its hard shell.

Last edited:
Thank you for this info Vivian. Are they used for medicinal purposes do you know? Funny, as children, we just used to crack open the apricot kernel and enjoy that bitter/sweet kernel inside,...no questions asked! I believe we simply followed our instinct by having just enough due to the bitterness and the task involved in extracting the kernel from its hard shell.

i'm not sure, Fadi, re the health/medicinal side. But I'm also used to having them. They are commonly used in Italy for desserts and used to be mixed with sweet almonds routinely. I think yes, we instinctively only have a bit due to the bitter taste, so just enough to do us good :)

That's the reason for the bitter taste in nature, isn't it? to either prevent us from eating a food, or limiting how much we have lol

5340c6a3781cbca51e5058b99f151bdd.jpg

Roast chook last night

solid prep work

chicken, chips and veg
pBKNjLf.jpg

snickers cheesecake
0FTYYfm.jpg

cheesey bacon mushrooms
IaOiWs1.jpg

soy sriracha chicken, taters and broc
UxCGAys.jpg

roo spaghetti bolognaise
ZSK4lPM.jpg

6 eggs and bacon
0uTNlWV.jpg

baked heaps tonight, one was an omelette creation in my new fav pan, its a bread type tray, i put a double layer of aluminum foil down then baking paper (wax paper), to create a great heating zone;

mLet31G.jpg

potato pre cooked, and sliced thin, covering the bottom, then 3 good eggs (Not cheap caged, they taste so bad and so runny n shit), then broken up kale and patted down to soak into, then 3 more eggs... then bake 17 mins @ 400f (200c ish my oven is old and in F), then added cheese in small clumps on top and bake another 5-7 mins.

let it cool, and then unwrap from the baking paper;
QWtOvbV.jpg

i cut into 3, they last 2 days in the fridge. eggs don't last very long so make sure you use one of the coldest area's without freezing it. didn't think to take a photo after i cut them into 3, but omg so good...

re-heat for 12mins in 400f oven, or put on a bun or add meat, its a starter, it needs more. but its there. and its good.

edit: i used to use plastic containers, and even had a legit air extraction with sealer in plastic device... now i just use cheap ziplock baggies, and put all my food in those once cooked, separated and ready to go tho.

at work i use paper towls and put 4 down, then 2 folded in 3, then put the food on that to reheat. at home its oven only, but at work, you gotta eat good too, i will use the microwave, but no plastic in it.
hope this helps some others, respect fellow foodists.

Last edited:
Tried bn protein pancakes. Maybe I shouldn't have stolen one of the kids pancakes first but not a fan. I'll just mix protein and oats in a shaker I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.