• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thats cause you burnt all your coin on ice cream !!

The more you spend the more you save.

Most decent steak is around $30/kg, chicken breast is about 8.99/kg, chicken wings and drum sticks around $2.99-4.99/kg so the chicken gets it most of the time. Especially when feeding teenage kids, seriously can't afford spending over $30 on meat for a single meal.

Bought a pizza stone on Thursday when I went to the local hardware to buy some paint.

Never done wood fired pizza before, so this was a first tonight.

Set it up on the back verandah, so the coals were warming while I trained, handy to train at home and set the BBQ up in your gym, snapped the photos between sets of bench presses...

Ham and cheese, the kids favourite:

Super supreme, hands down the best pizza I have ever eaten:

I don't think I will ever buy pizza shop pizza again, not that I did buy it much anyway, but this could be a regular week end thing....

Another "investment"?

Weren't you complaining about being very time poor awhile back. Homemade Pizza takes forever to prepare, cook and clean. And it's a lot more expensive than bought Pizza. And what happened to your whole "grains are poison" ethos?

Sorry Mickey, I do love yah, just you do lead with your chin a bit :(

Last edited:
Another "investment"?

Weren't you complaining about being very time poor awhile back. Homemade Pizza takes forever to prepare, cook and clean. And it's a lot more expensive than bought Pizza. And what happened to your whole "grains are poison" ethos?

I think you are way off the mark on all accounts.

Took exactly 8 minutes for each pizza to cook, about 5 minutes preparation time (cut some ham and salami and onion and olives out of the fridge) second pizza cooked while we were eating the first one.

Total cost per pizza about $4-5, feed four people with two pizzas, cheaper than McCains freezer pizza, and way cheaper than our local pizza shop at $20-$30 per pizza (would have cost us around $50 for the equivalent), and quicker than going to pick up a pizza from shop. Throw coals in Weber and lights (about 30 seconds to 1 minute) train doing bench presses, cut up meat and top pizza bases and throw in weber, put weights away then eat pizza. Not sure what clean up there is apart from putting plates in dish washer and cover back on Weber about another minute or two and all stuff you would do for any meal anyway.

And what happened to your whole "grains are poison" ethos?

How does me eating pizza relate to the fact that grains contain lectins, phytates (phytic acid) and gluten?? Two completely unrelated things, me eating it or not eating it in no way affects what is contained in grains. I love how you people confuse yourself and your though processes by not understanding the basics.

It's what you do 95% of the time that's important the other 5% are free, last time I had pizza was well over 6 month ago so a few slices of home made pizza will hardly kill me or throw me into a coma, while eating it every day probably would in the long run, considering some people base their entire existence on eating this stuff one meal every few months should not have a huge affect on my training and over all health which is way above average.

Last edited:
Another "investment"?

Mick seems to live in a parallel universe to the rest of us. Time poor but plenty of time to fuck around with coal BBQs and home made pizzas.

Grains are supposedly poison but still eats them.

Not to mention it now supposedly costs $30 to get a pizza from a pizza shop.

The more you spend the more you save.

Most decent steak is around $30/kg, chicken breast is about 8.99/kg, chicken wings and drum sticks around $2.99-4.99/kg so the chicken gets it most of the time. Especially when feeding teenage kids, seriously can't afford spending over $30 on meat for a single meal.

Buy beef in bulk. Probably pay around $5 a kg at the moment. That includes plenty of awesome steak.

Yeah, some pizza shops charge up to $30 for specialty pizza's. Most would be around the $20-25 for quality pizza.

I think you are way off the mark on all accounts.

Took exactly 8 minutes for each pizza to cook, about 5 minutes preparation time (cut some ham and salami and onion and olives out of the fridge) second pizza cooked while we were eating the first one.

Total cost per pizza about $4-5, feed four people with two pizzas, cheaper than McCains freezer pizza, and way cheaper than our local pizza shop at $20-$30 per pizza (would have cost us around $50 for the equivalent), and quicker than going to pick up a pizza from shop. Throw coals in Weber and lights (about 30 seconds to 1 minute) train doing bench presses, cut up meat and top pizza bases and throw in weber, put weights away then eat pizza. Not sure what clean up there is apart from putting plates in dish washer and cover back on Weber about another minute or two and all stuff you would do for any meal anyway.

Don't bullshit me Mickey. 5 minutes of preparation - my left nut. I know it takes a lot longer coz even if you buy the bases certain Meats have to be partially pre cooked, all the ingredients have to be pre cut and applied etc. I've made home made Pizza myself. Secondly, all the cleaning afterwards.

How does me eating pizza relate to the fact that grains contain lectins, phytates (phytic acid) and gluten?? Two completely unrelated things, me eating it or not eating it in no way affects what is contained in grains. I love how you people confuse yourself and your though processes by not understanding the basics.

It's what you do 95% of the time that's important the other 5% are free, last time I had pizza was well over 6 month ago so a few slices of home made pizza will hardly kill me or throw me into a coma, while eating it every day probably would in the long run, considering some people base their entire existence on eating this stuff one meal every few months should not have a huge affect on my training and over all health which is way above average.

Come on Mickey. Flour is ground up Grains.

Yeah, some pizza shops charge up to $30 for specialty pizza's. Most would be around the $20-25 for quality pizza.

$7-8 per Pizza Dominos, Pizza Hut etc.

EDIT: $12.95 Supreme on Weekends at Dominos.

Fuck me, $31.95 for 2 Pizzas, 1.25l Coke and 1 Garlic Bread. Think I'll have Beef and Vegies for Lunch.

Last edited:

You can't be fucking serious. There is a sucker born every second. Probably thin base pieces of shit with a bit of rocket on them as well.

You can't be fucking serious. There is a sucker born every second. Probably thin base pieces of shit with a bit of rocket on them as well.

Probably. Rocket, shaved Parmesan and bocconcini cost extra. Gourmet style. [emoji15]

Mick seems to live in a parallel universe to the rest of us. Time poor but plenty of time to fuck around with coal BBQs and home made pizzas.

Grains are supposedly poison but still eats them.

Not to mention it now supposedly costs $30 to get a pizza from a pizza shop.

I think you are the one in the parallel universe. If you bothered to read my post you would have worked out that it's a very fast and easy way to cook, total time about 15 minutes with zero clean up.

May be you need to educate yourself on grains it's a fact that they contain lectins, phytates (phytic acid) and gluten.

If you can get a wood fired pizza from a pizza shop for under $25 and a super supreme for under $30 you must have some great pizza shops our local one charges $25 for a ham and pineapple and $29 for super supreme.

Last time we ordered pizza was around $50 for two pizzas and that was over 6 months ago, never ordered it since as it's not that great and $50 is a lot of money for shit food.

Don't bullshit me Mickey. 5 minutes of preparation - my left nut. I know it takes a lot longer coz even if you buy the bases certain Meats have to be partially pre cooked, all the ingredients have to be pre cut and applied etc. I've made home made Pizza myself. Secondly, all the cleaning afterwards.

Come on Mickey. Flour is ground up Grains.

Man how long do you take to cut up a tomato, some ham, salami, three olives and a bit of onion?? Nothing pre cooked and no clean up, what clean up are you talking about, wiping down the kitchen bench??

You make it sound like it's a big job, it takes about as long as it would take to boil an egg and definitely faster than boiling some rice. Cooking almost any normal meal would take longer and have a bigger clean up with bowls, pots and pans that need cleaning.

Flour is ground up grain?? Really?? Are you fucking retarded what else would it be??

$7-8 per Pizza Dominos, Pizza Hut etc.

EDIT: $12.95 Supreme on Weekends at Dominos.

Fuck me, $31.95 for 2 Pizzas, 1.25l Coke and 1 Garlic Bread. Think I'll have Beef and Vegies for Lunch.

LMAO if you call that rubbish pizza, seriously I would not eat dominos or pizza hut if they were giving it away for free. since when do Dominos and pizza hut make wood fired pizza??

You come up with some dumb shit really.

Comparing a wood fired pizza from a good pizza shop made with fresh ingredients to a Domino's pizza, is like comparing MacDonald's to a gourmet restaurant. Yes they both sell food, one cost $8 the other $80 for a meal but there is a difference they are not the same or even comparable.