• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA Nationals - Land of the Pharaohs

hey the wallabies are heaps better then, lol
Sorry if I touched on a senstive subject
Just lift weights mate- if some other guy does more because he has a long weigh in then thats his choice. I appreciate all lifting.

Last edited:
I think Paul and bongo make good points.

I agree with Paul about the allowances made at CAPO, and I dont like a lot of them, especially the 24hr weigh in. My lifters took advantage of it, dropping between 2-5kg only.

My son is dead against it, ate his food as normal, no sauna, no nothing.

It cost him 1st place in the teenage section, if he dropped 1.5kg, he wouldve won. He doesnt care and wont do it at the Nats either.

Once my lifters paid there money to compete, they can do whatever they like, they wanted to drop water, I havent got an issue, a few will even be wearing belts for Gods sake.

The longer deadlift bar definitely helps and skews results, not by much, but it helps. The monolift would only help the equipped guys with 300kg on their back in my opinion, none of my guys got any advantage, a few still walked the weight out.

But I too am interested in who has lifted the most weight ever. I know the PA guys are handicapped, drugs being the biggest, but they still go for it.

When/if PA has a raw class, it will be fairer, with the only advantage then being drugs, and not multi ply/monolifts/belly benching etc.

I havent checked, but I'm sure PA have some "all time" records in Oz dont they, despite the disadvantage they have?

Good post.
I think we are all aware of the differences, but some goal posts on the horizon are good for inspiration. I respect all kinds of lifters, I know all things may not be equal, but feats are strength are inspirational and labels like "all time" really just mean the most lifted regardless of differences.

hey ptc if you are raw and don't cut weight why lift in capo?

It's a dig, you three seem like one.

Posted via Mobile Devicewhich 3 seem like which 1? Sorry- still not following. Do you mean 3 people are 1 person? I admit I got confused between strong enough and stronger than all, but just because the names look similar lol.Posted via Mobile Device

The PA Nationals are on this weekend, just a reminder to you guys on here.

We have at least 6 forum members who have qualified on here, if possible, we should go and support them. Each of them have provided great training information on here, and will continue to do so.

Most think I am totally against equipped lifting, thats not the case, its just I prefer to watch raw. It doesnt mean I wont watch equipped. I for one will definitely be going to watch.

Some of Australia's strongest guys will be on show. All of us here have an interest in strength, show it and support it by going. For those of you that dont know who on here is lifting, here is a list of all of them, to the best of my knowledge, and some of their best lifts.

Steve Pritchard (spritcha) - Just finished 6th in the World Championship Bench Press Comp. Has squatted 365kg and benched around 270kg and totalled 915kg @ 126kg. Strongest heavyweight in Oz.

Paul Macmanus (macmad) -At last years Nats, Paul squatted 280kg, benched 180kg and deadlifted 272.5kg for a 732.5kg total @ 107kg. Paul is ranked in the top 10 lifters in Oz in his class.

Daniel Anderson (total strength) - At the 2009 Nats, Dan competed at 67kg, he squatted 215kg and benched 140kg, with a 225kg deadlift for a 580kg total. He has recently deadlifted 240kg and totalled 585kg, to be the second highest ranked lifter in his class in Australia.

Simon Chan (laughing man) - Max is going along to watch simply to see Simon lift. Simon is an explosive lifter, deep fast squatter. He is still a junior and has qualified for the Worlds. His best total is 655kg @ 82kg, brilliant lifting from a kid.

Raymond Wong (Shortie) - Shortie is my favourite lifter. You guys all know about his exploits. Has deadlifted triple bodyweight without a belt in my garage. Has a best total of 567.5kg and was ranked 5th in Oz last year in the 67.5kg class.

Nathan Jones (Johnnie swf)- Nathan will go well over 800kg at this years Nats in the 110kg class. His current best is 765kg, but his training journal reveals he has got stronger. He has deadlifted 300kg with just a belt and recently squatted 320kg.

For any of you that do go, come up and say hi. I'll be wearing a PTC Hoodie lol, probably not too smart, but I'm not renown for my smarts.

2010APC.jpg

Thats a pic of Steve Pritchard in the poster.

Last edited:
actually last year I was only ranked about 24 on formula. This year I'm hoping to make the top 20 list.
http://www.powerliftingaustralia.com/Rankings/2010/2010_MENS_TOP_20.htm

I reckon about a 450 wilks will be needed.

Even on straight weight I was only 16th last year. SP and Jonnie are legitmate top 10 lifters, Totalstrength maybe.

CLASS --RANK--- NAME-------------- BWT-------- TOTAL-------- WILKS

110kg----1---- Chris Caltabiano----- 109.40-------- 850 -------- 501.075
110kg----2----- Nathan Jones------- 106.30-------- 765--------- 455.175
110kg----3----- Ryan Ashton-------- 109.70-------- 720--------- 424.080
110kg----4------Florian Loock------- 101.60-------- 715--------- 432.432
110kg----5----- Gary Roberts-------- 109.00---------700-------- 413.140
110kg----6----- Tarin Bradford ------ 100.90--------- 685-------- 415.410
110kg----7----- Damien Giles-------- 105.80--------- 660-------- 393.360
110kg----8---- Paul MacManus----- 109.10------- 637.5------ 376.125

Last edited: