• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA Nationals - Land of the Pharaohs

Hmmm cheap method of doing that, go hang from a chinup bar to deload the spine and to provide more traction have some one pull your legs.

Also, trying not get off topic an assessment would be best Joel you could have hip issues causing pain or an actual lower back issue. Glute medius issues (got this myself) can cause pain around your lumbar region.

I know that I get very tight through the hams, glutes, hips, lower back even when I stretch so I somewhat know what the problem is - its just training around it so I don't **** myself to much.

I just question if its ONLY tight muscles that have been causing it.

Tight, bad tissue quality, impingement maybe. Foam roll your ass, and try a softball or hardball to work on tissue quality. You could get your feet checked to make sure they are not causing issues, check out your leg length incase one is shorter and causing issues, then you have posterior chain flexibility and tissue quality, then you have impingements, then lumbar hernias or impingements. List goes on but working your way up helps eliminate issues.

I heard a rumor that most of the big guns aren't even lifting. Is this true?Posted via Mobile Device

I heard a rumor that most of the big guns aren't even lifting. Is this true?Posted via Mobile Device

the word on the street is that due to the rolling thunder event being removed from the this years Nats, our top lifters from the 125 and SHW divisions will not be competing in protest.

what a shame!
The 100s and 110s will still be good however, won't they?

the word on the street is that due to the rolling thunder event being removed from the this years Nats, our top lifters from the 125 and SHW divisions will not be competing in protest.
how can i compete i have unofficial wr in rolling thunder

I wonder if there will be any all-time Australian records set? I think so!

nah i think hez talking about the different feds, not pl vs. strongman or something

yeah- whats the problem- so what if they are different feds. Its just interesting to know what the most anyone in Oz has ever done in a weight class. I know its not offcial, but its interesting.
Like the greatest ever Australian 60kg class squat is Adrian Zalcman (CAPO) because he did 227.5kg, the benches are tied Zalcman (CAPO) and Devine (PA), but since Devine did his in 1996 and Zalcman 2006, you say Devine has all time record, Lagis (PA) has the best deadlift and total etc
Are there other feds I am missing?

Last edited:
How can you even compare weight classes when for some records you have 24 hour weigh-ins and the ability to use diuretics, IV drips etc vs others where have 2 hour or less weigh-in with no ability to use diuretics etc.