• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA Nationals - Land of the Pharaohs

If you are so close to it you should go there Morgan, you won't be sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

They have just expanded- there is a new gym opening in a week in spotswood. Apollo will remain the bodybuilding/strength/fitness gym- but the new gym ESP will be a state of the art strength training facility- big enough for indoor sled and prowler- decked out with 6 power racks, 3 monolifts, 3 comp benches, 3 reverse hypers, belt squat, power squat, plyo swing, back attack, all the usual hammer strength stuff, logs, yoke, ivanko plates, more bars than a candy store, chains, bands, kettlebells, etc etc oh and the best coaches in Oz along with many of the best lifters from PA and CAPO (living in harmony!!!!).Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
They have just expanded- there is a new gym opening in a week in spotswood. Apollo will remain the bodybuilding/strength/fitness gym- but the new gym ESP will be a state of the art strength training facility- big enough for indoor sled and prowler- decked out with 6 power racks, 3 monolifts, 3 comp benches, 3 reverse hypers, belt squat, power squat, plyo swing, back attack, all the usual hammer strength stuff, logs, yoke, ivanko plates, more bars than a candy store, chains, bands, kettlebells, etc etc oh and the best coaches in Oz along with many of the best lifters from PA and CAPO (living in harmony!!!!).Posted via Mobile Device

i trained at Apollo for a month or 2 when i lived in yarraville and just discovered the place then i moved to point cook and it became too much of a hassle. i thought the first gym (Apollo) looked great until one of the guys showed me around the 2nd gym 20 metres away which i think was the ESP one and it looked insane.

i trained at Apollo for a month or 2 when i lived in yarraville and just discovered the place then i moved to point cook and it became too much of a hassle. i thought the first gym (Apollo) looked great until one of the guys showed me around the 2nd gym 20 metres away which i think was the ESP one and it looked insane.

yeah that would have been the first version of ESP- its now se up in a much bigger space, with heaps more equipment.

Hey guys - I just picked up a new f6 shirt and pretty pumped about starting to train in it - played around with a few shirts before but Iam going to really see how much I can get out of this baby this time.

Due to injuries (fluid in knees, something wrong with lower back, sometimes can't even bend down without pain - need to get it checked but 90% of the time its fine if Iam not doing anything heavy - been told its tight muscles - not sure about this - seeing as though 1. I stretch alot and 2 its been happening ever since I injured it back in 2004) - anyway sorry for rant - I was thinking about maybe doing a bench only comp - just as something to keep me 100% focused.

I found the bench comp PA hold - Oct 17 North Sydney Bench Press Comp - North - Sydney PCYC, NSW - just thought Id ask the PA guys if its a big comp - worth going to?

If everything went well I think I would try and hit 200-210 @ 110's.

Cheers.

Joel,

I'd say there'll be probably about 15-20 competitors. If you're after a bigger comp (bench only will prob have the same number of competitors) hold off until Matti Tikka in Dec which will be held at the Bondi Beach Pavilion. This one will be the second biggest PA comp this calendar year...

I'll see if I can even get a membership lol.

Would a 200-210 bench be any good in the 110's bench only??? What sort of numbers are ppl doing. Iam still a Junior (22)

why wouldn't you be able to get a membership?

200-210 will be very competitive in 110s. Macmad and jonnie would be your main competitors. There's a few others lifter who have benched 200 or a little over in the past couple of years. But Chris Caltabiano leads the pack - he benched 265 at 110 last year.

why wouldn't you be able to get a membership?

200-210 will be very competitive in 110s. Macmad and jonnie would be your main competitors. There's a few others lifter who have benched 200 or a little over in the past couple of years. But Chris Caltabiano leads the pack - he benched 265 at 110 last year.

I coach and have CAPO lifters at my gym - but I would not mind lifting in PA bench only comp! - I feel that you should be able to pick whatever fed you would like and not be judged!

what.

you're 22 and own an awesome gym?

how does that work? kinda envious man!

anyway good luck to all those who are competing, go get 'em Paul!

Lifes a journey not a destination mate - I try to make the most of it! :D

Hey Joel,
as far as your back issue goes, consider making one of these your next purchase at powersports.
Nubax home -Back Pain Treatment, Back Pain Exercise, Prevent Backpain Suffering, Nubax Back Pain T
Henry bought one for the Musclepit, I use it every deadlift and squat training day now and am considering buying one for home use. Not really designed for 100kg+ powerlifters, but it copes with my weight OK.

Looks interesting mate! - never heard of it before but I will check out the website.