• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
agreed Kyle, and I have the solution for GPC Nats next year.
It will be bought up at the AGM.

That said, our meets aren't drawn out.

There is a big difference between GPC and GPA worlds, that is, I run GPC

We have 6 days this year to ensure smaller, faster comps.

With that said though, no 3 lift meet is going to be under 5 hours...... As I posted earlier, powerlifting is a long sport.

^ this.

Oni has bashers, Sticky has nuthuggers and people like Wingman do G.P.C. harm by claiming its an as clean Fed as an ASADA/WADA tested Fed. One of the key principles of Public Relations is don't bullshit too much.

I too don't care that G.P.C. is untested, a lot of people out there would like to see all sports untested, it may make for a greater spectacle.

Hit me, but don't shit me.

What?? Ive never claimed it was clean lol, dont twist my words man.

Sticky ,
Qualifying total would be simplest way to do that, surely? A quick census would determine what to set the qualifier amount at so that you capture the quantity you want

What?? Ive never claimed it was clean lol, dont twist my words man.

Sorry mate, I assumed that's what you meant by this:

I doubt theres much more users in gpc than pa. I think you over estimate one and underestimate the other.

geez, I was expecting a greater reaction. Something along the lines of "go fuck yourself!" :D

I do think this is a good thread, even if it is only GPC (sticky) that seems to get involved.

I also think von raises some valid points of concern.

While I only will lift in a couple of GPc comps later this year to test my strength levels, I do think that even the GPC needs to address the issue of drugs.

Why? Because I doubt that PA's leadership is going to take too kindly to a rival fed having 1000 members, more than itself.

With ongoing growth of GPC numbers, I would imagine/expect that PA will make a greater effort to again claim health abuse and other claims to demand something is to be done.

I know that people lift in different feds for reasons other than drugs, and will again argue this if I hear distortions of the truth by others, but you would have to have your head stuck in the sand not to anticipate a more aggressive attitude from PA in the future.

I could be wrong, but all I say is be prepared.

In other words, take note of what von has to say. Freedom of Association goes a long way in Australia, but you just cant ignore other realities completely. You have a self-interest to be at the top of your game.

I do think this is a good thread, even if it is only GPC (sticky) that seems to get involved.

I also think von raises some valid points of concern.

While I only will lift in a couple of GPc comps later this year to test my strength levels, I do think that even the GPC needs to address the issue of drugs.

Why? Because I doubt that PA's leadership is going to take too kindly too a rival fed having 1000 members, more than itself.

With ongoing growth of GPC numbers, I would imagine/expect that PA will make a greater effort to again claim health abuse and other claims to demand something is to be done.

I know that people lift in different feds for reasons other than drugs, and will again argue this if I hear distortions of the truth by others, but you would have to have your head stuck in the sand not to anticipate a more aggressive attitude from PA in the future.

I could be wrong, but all I say is be prepared.

In other words, take note of what von has to say. Freedom of Association goes a long way in Australia, but you just cant ignore other realities completely. You have a self-interest to be at the top of your game.

I don't understand this statement? Why would a non-tested fed need to address the issue of drugs?

Also what does it have to do with PA what other feds are doing or not doing?

I am a fan of what PA represents but the longer they focus on what other feds are doing the more they are going to fail themselves - from what I have seen and the discussions I have they are unable to be more aggressive in their approach re: drugs - they do need to be far more aggressive though when it comes to marketing and advertising their own product.

The whole "issue" of drugs is not an issue - it is simple - you have test and non-tested feds....

I don't understand this statement? Why would a non-tested fed need to address the issue of drugs?

Also what does it have to do with PA what other feds are doing or not doing?

I am a fan of what PA represents but the longer they focus on what other feds are doing the more they are going to fail themselves - from what I have seen and the discussions I have they are unable to be more aggressive in their approach re: drugs - they do need to be far more aggressive though when it comes to marketing and advertising their own product.

The whole "issue" of drugs is not an issue - it is simple - you have test and non-tested feds....

Aren't drugs still banned in non tested events.

rugby, I think these issues are beyond you. I don't think you have much clue.

Drugs are an issue. I mean do you actually take note of the news.

rugby, I think these issues are beyond you. I don't think you have much clue.

Drugs are an issue. I mean do you actually take note of the news.

Again this statement does not make sense.

Please tell me how drugs are an issue in a non-tested Powerlifting federation where drug use is allowed.

Also please advise how this issue is beyond me, I am not sure if you know my history within the industry but I have been in the thick of this and have had meetings with mentioned people in this thread regarding the issue with are directly talking about.

sorry, you make no sense. PED use is illegal, and if PA wants to make a greater effort, it will again be an issue in the Aust media. All I have said, is be prepared.

I can't really break it down further for you.

Aren't drugs still banned in non tested events.

Not sure if they are banned, just the constitution says its clean lol.

Wouldn't that mean people like Oni, Fuzzy and even Sticky (TRT) who are open, or somewhat open about their use would be banned lol.

I do agree drugs as a whole is an issue - but I don't think a Powerlifting Federation that is non-tested needs to take it upon themselves to sort out the nationwide drug issue.

They are delivering a product suited to peoples needs, just like PA are doing.

The only way GPC could "address" a drug issue is to become a tested federation...

sorry, you make no sense. PED use is illegal, and if PA wants to make a greater effort, it will again be an issue in the Aust media. All I have said, is be prepared.

I can't really break it down further for you.

Your thinking 2 big picture....Powerlifting feds in Aus are a drop in the ocean when it comes to sport....yes I 100% agree in a perfect world there would not be drugs and everyone would be clean and on a level playing field - but this is not the case nor has it ever been the case....I respect your big picture view and as mentioned respect PA in regards to the products they are providing - but take into account the nature of the beast....

I do agree drugs as a whole is an issue - but I don't think a Powerlifting Federation that is non-tested needs to take it upon themselves to sort out the nationwide drug issue.

They are delivering a product suited to peoples needs, just like PA are doing.

The only way GPC could "address" a drug issue is to become a tested federation...

Non tested doesn't mean drugs are allowed. It still can be cheating.

And also at the end of the day if there were no non-tested feds drug use in tested feds would be huge....

hang on, GPC is not responsible for drug use in Australia.

What I am talking about is responding to claims which may be made, either though a policy position that upholds its rules with regard to members flaunting rules or guidelines, or a testing program itself.

If it does not, I would suspect it is just a matter of time before greater pressure in placed upon it, especially if it becomes more successful.

I think I have made a reasonable point.

At the moment, Aust sporting govt depts. are quite useless, but don't assume they will not change.

Non tested doesn't mean drugs are allowed. It still can be cheating.

I do agree with this statement too a degree - i.e the IFBB ban some use of diuretics - and if tested and shown that these are being used athletes can and have been banned....