• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
big picture, in 1990 a senate inquiry had a whole chapter on powerlifting, despite it being a minor sport.

Drugs and powerlifting has a lasting legacy and reputation. Would not be hard for it to become an issue again.

big picture, in 1990 a senate inquiry had a whole chapter on powerlifting, despite it being a minor sport.

Drugs and powerlifting has a lasting legacy and reputation. Would not be hard for it to become an issue again.

I do agree with this and your last post - but you have to agree and understand that the Govt see powerlifting really as a nothing within Aus and as shown through PA's pleas have not really wanted to put any resources behind it...which you can understand....

Do you honestly believe that if there was ONLY tested feds that drug use would automatically go down?

More money pored into tested Feds means more random testing, more chance of getting caught and kicked out mean less people will be likely to take drugs.

Look at cycling, been clean up a lot from 10 years ago with better testing. Also I don't think PL has the money or expertise to be able to consistently pass random tests while on.

More money pored into tested Feds means more random testing, more chance of getting caught and kicked out mean less people will be likely to take drugs.

Look at cycling, been clean up a lot from 10 years ago with better testing. Also I don't think PL has the money or expertise to be able to consistently pass random tests while on.

Mate where is this money going to come from? PA have tried to get money from the Govt and have been denied.

I again totally agree with what your saying but you have to have a realistic view on the matter....

Mate where is this money going to come from? PA have tried to get money from the Govt and have been denied.

I again totally agree with what your saying but you have to have a realistic view on the matter....

Jesus Christ. More money pumped into the Feds due to everyone competing in tested comps.

Bigger comps, bigger sponsors.

1 fed would be the best thing that could happen to powerlfiting.

Jesus Christ. More money pumped into the Feds due to everyone competing in tested comps.

Bigger comps, bigger sponsors.

1 fed would be the best thing that could happen to powerlfiting.

Agree - 1 Fed would be the best thing in Aus - and I have had lengthy discussions with other regarding this aswell.

But just like any business you need to cater for a large market and to be honest alot of people are not going to change life choices due to there being only tested events.

1 Fed with non-test and tested categories would be your best bet....

1 Fed with non-test and tested categories would be your best bet....

No it wouldn't because that is saying we have a category especially for people using illegal drugs and that doesn't look good at all. Where as the way it is currently non tested feds can say (with a wink wink nudge nudge ) we are totally against drugs but just can't afford testing.

I do agree with this and your last post - but you have to agree and understand that the Govt see powerlifting really as a nothing within Aus and as shown through PA's pleas have not really wanted to put any resources behind it...which you can understand....

This is true, but while it does provide public funding and recognises Pa and NSO, pressure could easily mount to make govt do more. It comes down to the ability of players to expose or even exaggerate issues.

The last thing I want to see I pressure on GPC because it did nothing. At moment, GPC progress continues, but as von and Kyle allude to, you cannot take things for granted.

It would be best for all powerlifters IMO if there was only one, drug tested fed.

yes, ideally, but no need to just have one fed. As I have said, some would rather compete outside PA because not goood enough.

Like I said, GB has a number of good feds, so why not here.

SB, I was hoping to see you compete in powerlifting in the future.

1. no time
2. the training aspect does not appeal
3. I don't like wearing tight fitting stuff
4. no tattoos
5. don't like the idea of blokes screaming at me

much respect for the blokes that I know at PTC though

SB, will you be at comps later in year, I can get to meet you. will be down in august, maybe catch up for a beer or meal after.

Just turn up for deadlifts, less boring