• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
To be fair to PA, its fed has also grown quite a bit since around 2000. I just think it could have grown more, especially given a much greater interest in raw powerlifting.

I am looing forward to von taking over in the next decade.

The only thing I will be taking over is the league of whittling.

What GPC has said, is that if you are caught cheating in the IPF, don't come running to us. This stance has developed for a number of reasons, but on a personal level, I hate cheats.
If someone is willing to cheat by taking drugs in a tested fed, what will they try and get away with in an untested fed?
What could they get away with?

I mean, once you're using PEDs, what other advantages could you seek in competition?

Seriously, what else could they do to corrupt things?

in the next weeks, I am going to write to wilks and the ASC to ask why a number of normal expectations are not present in PA administration.

If i do not get acceptable answers I will be going to the my local member, minister for sport, and the media given tax payer funds are involved.

And here is Robert's possible retort;

Dear Minister,

Powerlifting Australia is the only drug tested powerlifting organisation in Australia and complies with the WADA protocol as an approved organisation under the ASADA Act.

Recently, members of other powerlifting organisations that do not comply with the WADA protocol have sought to discredit PA and defame its officers. PA is the premier powerlifting organisation in Australia whose members comply with a strict code of ethics especially in the area of drugs in sport.

Attached in the accompanying appendices to this letter are particulars of the other powerlifting organisations in Australia which are not drug tested and for which there appears to be more than anecdotal evidence of widespread drug use.

In particular I would like to draw attention to the profiles of some of the office holders and sponsors of the other powerlifting federations, some of whom have an association with drug use and many even openly endorse the usage of illegal performance enhancing drugs in sport.

The main critic of PA in the article dated ......is himself a member of a powerlifting organisation that does not provide a setting in which athletes can safely compete free from the influence of illegal drugs. PA offered membership to the author of that article and on many occasions when we tried to contact him in order to provide him with accurate information about the sport, he chose to follow another line of inquiry.

etc..............

I don't think it's commonly realised just how badly the government want to crack down on PED use. In the media they will connect it to bikie gangs, which they have tried all sorts of unconstitutional things to crush. CAPO and GPC and all the curlbros struggling to bench a couple of plates have only lasted this long with open drug use because they're too small for the federal government to notice. This is the bad side of the growth of the sport: we may become big enough for them to bother policing. We're just a fly they haven't got around to swatting yet.

All it takes is one court case, one Four Corners report, one lifter who gets raided growing weed and also has a big supply of test eth with a notebook saying which bottle is going to who, and they dig deeper, and it all falls apart. Life is about more than the numbers on the platform. Don't be stupid.

Never underestimate the resolve of the incumbent. Always easier to defend, spec of sawdust in eye, assorted cliches...........

one would hope that PA has fewer than 10 salaried employees.

plus a minister is only switched on for the catch phrases, as are most popular media workers;

"drug cheats"

"violent steroid induced crime on our streets"

"young athletes exposed to unscrupulous steroid gyms"

"Shocking photos of lifters and officials injecting illegal drugs at powerlifting meet"

"xxxxx, who on xxxx forum is a senior figure in the sport and openly discusses and makes recommendations on the use of dangerous performance enhancing drugs"

"arrest of gym owner finds bins full of used syringes"

"it's our business what we do says powerlifting coach who supplies of harmful steroids to young lifters"

"injecting steroids less harmful than alcohol boasts champion power lifter"

Last edited:
Seriously, what else could they do to corrupt things?

Well, design a doping regime and administer illegal drugs to impressionable and vulnerable young males. It's a homo-erotic and borderline pedophillic form of body dysmorphia when a person in position of authority coerces potentially at-risk people to follow the path of steroid abuse. "I can make you awesome" sounds just like "lie down, this will make you feel special"

Well, design a doping regime and administer illegal drugs to impressionable and vulnerable young males. It's a homo-erotic and borderline pedophillic form of body dysmorphia when a person in position of authority coerces potentially at-risk people to follow the path of steroid abuse. "I can make you awesome" sounds just like "lie down, this will make you feel special"

You honestly think that people are being coerced into stuff?

You honestly think that people are being coerced into stuff?

Coerced, persuaded, encouraged, inspired, awe-struck. Doesn't matter how you label it. Young men turn up at a gym and want to look like/lift like the big men. But wait! I don't have to labour through my natural lmitiations, I'll follow the herd of leviathans and be a Titan. The problem is when the big men are just little boys inside who couldn't face life without a bottle of stanazolol. "Yeah I'll be awesome like them" pass the swabs and stick it in, off we go on our journey of self discovery, last week I just discovered my willy.

Coerced, persuaded, encouraged, inspired, awe-struck. Doesn't matter how you label it. Young men turn up at a gym and want to look like/lift like the big men. But wait! I don't have to labour through my natural lmitiations, I'll follow the herd of leviathans and be a Titan. The problem is when the big men are just little boys inside who couldn't face life without a bottle of stanazolol. "Yeah I'll be awesome like them" pass the swabs and stick it in, off we go on our journey of self discovery, last week I just discovered my willy.

is this gym or federation specific? At the last gpc comp there was a mixture of backgrounds and gyms they reside. Similarly at last IPF comp. So a beginner to the sport (regardless of where they train or which fed they join) is going to look up to the winners and try to emulate them.

I doubt all the gpc members use, I've certainly never seen it encouraged. Similarly I doubt all pa members don't. There's also a mix of fed patriotism in each gym from what I can tell.

I don't think it's commonly realised just how badly the government want to crack down on PED use. In the media they will connect it to bikie gangs, which they have tried all sorts of unconstitutional things to crush. CAPO and GPC and all the curlbros struggling to bench a couple of plates have only lasted this long with open drug use because they're too small for the federal government to notice. This is the bad side of the growth of the sport: we may become big enough for them to bother policing. We're just a fly they haven't got around to swatting yet.

All it takes is one court case, one Four Corners report, one lifter who gets raided growing weed and also has a big supply of test eth with a notebook saying which bottle is going to who, and they dig deeper, and it all falls apart. Life is about more than the numbers on the platform. Don't be stupid.

you mean like all the media hysteria after Essendon in 2013?

the government wanting to crack down, and having the resources to are 2 very different scenarios
bikies - sure, a few PED suppliers might be collateral along with all the raids they do on them in general
the little guy might get picked up at the airport once in a while
however, while terrorism is a serious threat, and there's an underworld of guys supplying hard party drugs, I just don't see any government being able to throw enough $$$ at steroids to make a serious impact
this is also completing ignoring the fact there are dodgy ways to get completely legal hrt

If you start calling other feds out you better be 100% confident that your fed is clean as you claim it to be....writing to government complaining how these other un-tested feds are not clean (DUH) and they are basically being called drug cheats, users, and in some respects dealers. If they spent as much time focusing on marketing, advertising as they do on other feds they would prob be the biggest/best fed is Australia....and too boot "clean" (DUH)

Also unfortunately writing to government regarding the matter really isn't going to achieve anything - your talking about a drop in the ocean...

von,I wont write to Wilks and ASC; waste of time. as I have already found out.

Good luck to PA - as the second biggest powerlifting federation in Australia.

one thing I would like to see at GPC is any lift qualifying for single lift records.

After all, most prestigious record is total.

We used to allow lifts from 3-lift break single lift records.... Though it's a massive amount of work for the record keeper; which is why we stopped.

It may be something we can re-introduce within the next few years when the record books become much higher.

That's probably why you compete in a fed that encourages PED use tbh. Otherwise no one would bother competing unless they were up to national level standard at least. It's nice to win, for me its about seeing how much my strength has progressed from the training I've been doing. I don't take powerlifting THAT seriously. It's a sport, but its like any other sport. I don't only rock up expecting to win.

Dude GPC does not encourage PED use