• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
No PA comps in Adelaide
My first comp was hosted by Sticky and I travelled to Brisbane

It was great :D
137.5 - 75 - 190

Gotta start somewhere! There's meant to be one in Adelaide at the end of March, but no details yet.

Last edited:
PA in SA fucking sucks
Although you live in Mildura

I bet you still haven't been to the PL club

PA in SA fucking sucks
Although you live in Mildura

I bet you still haven't been to the PL club

I've been training there for 6 months now, and I've also competed in our local comp. Honestly glad I went with PA and not one of the other feds in the end. Good coach here too. We're trying to create a bit more of a regional Victoria PL scene.

If I wasn't actively participating in the sport I would have a lot less to say about it. I may be competing in the Adelaide comp, still unsure but doing the prep anyway.
[MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; interestingly enough, there seems to be an SA based DFPF chapter in Cobdogla in the Riverland. I wonder if they're allowed to associate with PA or not.

Last edited:
I've been training there for 6 months now, and I've also competed in our local comp. Honestly glad I went with PA and not one of the other feds in the end. Good coach here too. We're trying to create a bit more of a regional Victoria PL scene.

If I wasn't actively participating in the sport I would have a lot less to say about it. I may be competing in the Adelaide comp, still unsure but doing the prep anyway.
@spartacus ; interestingly enough, there seems to be an SA based DFPF chapter in Cobdogla in the Riverland. I wonder if they're allowed to associate with PA or not.

DFPF
lol
hope you like winning by 100kg with a 500kg total

dUDE THEy fucking suck
The whole point of competing is competition
Correct, but all you hear from PL's is "Your competing against yourself" blah, blah, blah

There's no competition like real competition I reckon. Lift to win. [emoji33]

Last edited:
Agreed. But that's the regs as they stand, until someone successfully challenges them in court or lobbies the govt to change them, that's the regs.

Thus, if anyone chooses to enforce things, it will be difficult for PTC gyms and coaches to have PA lifters, since PTC gyms are so intertwined with GPC and CAPO coaches and members who use PEDs with varying degrees of openness. I say this as someone who takes his lifters to PTC novice meets, GPC meets, and is against PED use (though not to the pathological hatred degree of the govt).

This stuff will come back to bite PTC and GPC in the arse in years to come. We'll end up back in the 1970s with one-tenth the members and just doing garage comps.

All this drama between feds, drugs and all the rest. Imagine doing this in the US, you'd spend your whole life in court.

If the issue of hanging around with known users and paddlers is true; train at some of the PTC's as a PA member and you're ass could be grass - if you don't know the signs it doesn't take much inquiry.

wonder when PTC/GPC moderator is going to delete this post or swing the ban hammer. Will add to my growing collection of screen shots before it goes.

mmm

80019b1c6147c162fbe883a7bde71e10_zps694c77cf.jpg

@spartacus ; interestingly enough, there seems to be an SA based DFPF chapter in Cobdogla in the Riverland. I wonder if they're allowed to associate with PA or not.

I don't think there are any problems between them; only difference is DFPF has ban for life first offence.

boz, I think DFPF is struggling more now; I notice a few of lifters in PA comps recently.

Some of them have also competed in CAPO and GPC.

If the issue of hanging around with known users and paddlers is true; train at some of the PTC's as a PA member and you're ass could be grass - if you don't know the signs it doesn't take much inquiry.

wonder when PTC/GPC moderator is going to delete this post or swing the ban hammer. Will add to my growing collection of screen shots before it goes.

mmm

80019b1c6147c162fbe883a7bde71e10_zps694c77cf.jpg

Hey, von, go easy on me; I repent and I am old. It was so long ago ...

At GPC, all meets are $50, except nationals, which is $100.

Thanks for that.

I think it is wise to keep sport affordable, many of us would be reluctant to pay $90-100 too often.

In price terms, GPC is a mile ahead of all of the competition.

I was going to pay $50 for riverina capo champs (May 2), and further $20 because I am not a CAPO member, but will not if cost has risen substantially.

If not, will do a trial comp on my own.

Hey, von, go easy on me; I repent and I am old. It was so long ago ...

You're safe. I'm just winding up the pussies. Maybe someone will come after me after their homes and cars have been searched and their gear seized.

Pussy pussy pussy "its all me and my superior genetics" pussy pussy pussy one day it will all stop and then big pussies become smaller weaker pussies.

Correct, but all you hear from PL's is "Your competing against yourself" blah, blah, blah

There's no competition like real competition I reckon. Lift to win. [emoji33]

Fuck that
It's powerlifting - a sport
You compete to win

It's not the fucking city to bay or a fucking tough mudder

Fuck that
You compete to win

That's probably why you compete in a fed that encourages PED use tbh. Otherwise no one would bother competing unless they were up to national level standard at least. It's nice to win, for me its about seeing how much my strength has progressed from the training I've been doing. I don't take powerlifting THAT seriously. It's a sport, but its like any other sport. I don't only rock up expecting to win.

That's probably why you compete in a fed that encourages PED use tbh. Otherwise no one would bother competing unless they were up to national level standard at least. It's nice to win, for me its about seeing how much my strength has progressed from the training I've been doing. I don't take powerlifting THAT seriously. It's a sport, but its like any other sport. I don't only rock up expecting to win.
Encouraging PED use and turning a "blind eye" to PED use are two different things, I don't believe GPC encourages it, they just don't give a fuck if you do.:D

Fuck that
You compete to win

what a load of bs. Basically, you train to improve your lifts; if you don't, you fail. I don't care how many people you may beat.

Of course, for the few who will be elite, winning medals is the name of the game, as it is in all sports.

As for you Oni, are you a threat to top guys, even with all the drugs you take?
Maybe you need to take more, it is tendency of meatheads to do this.