• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
As an outsider looking in heres my take of the Powerlifting Feds in Australia.

P.A. - has a P.R. problem due to its lack of numbers of people competing and people not happy with its strict rules. Probably the worst thing to happen to P.A. public relations wise was that "schizophrenic dipshit" "gerry.". Robert Wilks should consider sanctioning "gerry." for bringing the sport and Fed into disrepute. Secondly, TRT needs to be outlawed in P.A. The Nevada State Athletic Commission (the biggest sanctioning body for Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts) has outlawed TRT, other sports need to follow. TRT is an advantage.

G.P.C. - may develop a P.R. problem due to they're trying to say "we're a clean Fed or close to". People don't like being lied to, fact. Congratulations to Oni for being open about his PED use, but that only occurred due to the investigations of @Darkoz ;

CAPO: Seems to be the Fed in the News the most for criminal activities etc of its members.

Last edited:
GPC doesn't claim to be a "clean" fed Stiffy - we have no testing, so that's an impossible claim to make.

What GPC has said, is that if you are caught cheating in the IPF, don't come running to us. This stance has developed for a number of reasons, but on a personal level, I hate cheats.
If someone is willing to cheat by taking drugs in a tested fed, what will they try and get away with in an untested fed?

What I do believe, is that the majority are lifetime drug free.
There are many reasons to join GPC Australia, and the lack of testing is not even a consideration for most.

GPC have the biggest, most competitive, and enjoyable competitions.

Fuck that
It's powerlifting - a sport
You compete to win

It's not the fucking city to bay or a fucking tough mudder

This.

If you are going to compete then you need to compete to win - yes of course there will be people out there simply having a crack but it your serious about anything your training to win/be the best.

For the guys saying yea that's why you complete in a fed that supports drug use - what a load of BS - what has a tested fed and a non tested fed have to do with training/competing to win....

Getting back on topic - I have not had a huge amount to do with GPC but they are currently by far the best fed in Australia and GPC/PTC have done more for Powerlifting in Australia over the last 5,6 years than any fed has done in the history in Australia....

Secondly, TRT needs to be outlawed in P.A. The Nevada State Athletic Commission (the biggest sanctioning body for Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts) has outlawed TRT, other sports need to follow. TRT is an advantage.

TRT is not allowed in PA. I contacted ASADA a while ago to verify this and the response was it was very unlikely that a Therapeutic Use Exemption would be granted to enable a lifter to compete whilst on TRT.
i had considered it as an option as I have very low testosterone and would like to compete with the big boys. I'm satisfied with the ruling as I believe people should achieve success according to the limit of their natural capabilities. Ageing is one such limitation and for others, well they probably aren't cut out to be natural champions in strength sports anyway.

It's also not considered TRT when the lifters who are using it push their testosterone levels to unnatural ranges so they can be the big man. That's called PED abuse and it is for the small man with weak will whose identity depends on artificially enhanced abilities rather than the fibre of his character. Otherwise known as PUSSIES. Take their gear away and they are dweebs shitting in their pants and crying for mummy whilst the real men mount the bayonet charge.

Last edited:
ok, I compete to win, how is that for stupidity.

No, I compete against myself, and proud of it. And would not make a difference if I was young and had any talent for such a sport.

In the end, if you keep doing a pb on a regular basis and for a sustained period, you would have a good chance of winning.

For those who really need to win, I suspect that many will drop out once they realise they will not win. Some clearly overrate themselves, so I am interested to see how long they last.

TRT is not allowed in PA. I contacted ASADA a while ago to verify this and the response was it was very unlikely that a Therapeutic Use Exemption would be granted to enable a lifter to compete whilst on TRT.
i had considered it as an option as I have very low testosterone and would like to compete with the big boys. I'm satisfied with the ruling as I believe people should achieve success according to the limit of their natural capabilities. Ageing is one such limitation and for others, well they probably aren't cut out to be natural champions in strength sports anyway.

It's also not considered TRT when the lifters who are using it push their testosterone levels to unnatural ranges so they can be the big man. That's called PED abuse and it is for the small man with weak will whose identity depends on artificially enhanced abilities rather than the fibre of his character. Otherwise known as PUSSIES.

von, trt is allowed in some sports for masters, but if you exceed range of test level, you are gone. Recently happened to world record weight lifter 70+.

I thought at least one person on this forum was competing in P.A. Masters whilst on TRT. That's why I thought it must be allowed in P.A.

Getting back on topic - I have not had a huge amount to do with GPC but they are currently by far the best fed in Australia and GPC/PTC have done more for Powerlifting in Australia over the last 5,6 years than any fed has done in the history in Australia....

To be fair to PA, its fed has also grown quite a bit since around 2000. I just think it could have grown more, especially given a much greater interest in raw powerlifting.

I am looing forward to von taking over in the next decade.

To be fair to PA, its fed has also grown quite a bit since around 2000. I just think it could have grown more, especially given a much greater interest in raw powerlifting.

I am looing forward to von taking over in the next decade.

PA's worst enemy has been themselves - they have put themselves in a box and not once looked outside to see what they could do to improve - I understand the space they are trying to target but it simply has not worked....

If they could get over the whole drug thing and focus more on advertising and marketing their own fed/product then they would be in a much better space at the moment.

PA's worst enemy has been themselves - they have put themselves in a box and not once looked outside to see what they could do to improve - I understand the space they are trying to target but it simply has not worked....

If they could get over the whole drug thing and focus more on advertising and marketing their own fed/product then they would be in a much better space at the moment.

Yes I agree. That is why i argue there should be much greater member input; collectively i am sure they could debate the good ideas put forward.

No need to slag off about rest, just attract members with good ideas; and promote the virtues of a drug tested fed and why you can still succeed without reverting to illegal PEDs.

The Canadian IPF affiliate actually bans attacks n other feds, and promotes discussion.

in the next weeks, I am going to write to wilks and the ASC to ask why a number of normal expectations are not present in PA administration.

If i do not get acceptable answers I will be going to the my local member, minister for sport, and the media given tax payer funds are involved.

in the next weeks, I am going to write to wilks and the ASC to ask why a number of normal expectations are not present in PA administration.

If i do not get acceptable answers I will be going to the my local member, minister for sport, and the media given tax payer funds are involved.

What normal expectations are those? Just membership numbers or something else?

will put all in letter, and then reveal if not addressed.

For myself, my concerns are important, and I know they are to some other members.

Boz, maybe you could put forward things you would like to see improved.

I prefer PA for a number of reason?: drug testing, no wraps for a start.

But I am not going to join PA until my concerns are addressed.

It is a public assisted fed, so I have a right to air my grievances.

all of my concerns are related to member input; I think there are a number of ways that PA can improve its performance.

GPC has an AGM each year on the Friday of nationals.

Whilst GPC is a company, we invite every member to our AGM to have their concerns addressed and put forward idea's for our future.

I know this used to happen at CAPO (not sure anymore), and I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen at PA.

That's just another point of difference.

Not being rude but why? What do you hope to achieve?