• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just find a fed that you enjoy competing in and that suits your style....and understand they are all different, but in some regards all the same.....

GPC are currently the front runner, in regards to member base then its PA but CAPO are prob more interesting.....

Touching on the membership base are these competitive members i.e competed within 12 months?

Last edited:
Unless you are competing for 1st in a tested fed, why would you even care?

Not you vonfram, just in general.

It's cheating.

I mean if the rules aren't going to be followed why not allow 1/4 squats, Deads not locked out and it's all you benching as well.

Meh, I dunno. If it's not affecting me personally, I don't tend to give a shit. Kunce gonna kunce. [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];

Unless you are competing for 1st in a tested fed, why would you even care?

Not you vonfram, just in general.

Why do all the Brahs pin Roids for? Alot more reasons than just being number 1.

Then theres the competing element. Competing at anything does encourage people to do things that aren't "allowed".

Can people clear this up.

P.A. - tested Fed, PA allows neoprene sleeves only,
(even though I personally know one person who competed in a P.A. event while taking gear)

$165 for Calender year only. Join after September a discount is given.

G.P.C. - Largest fed in Australia, untested Fed, in GPC you can lift your head and bench on your toes, a different bar for each lift, Squat from a monolift. GPC allows knee wraps in raw, GPC has always promoted competition in weight classes. GPC does not recognize age divisions in competition - they are for records only.

$80 first year, $60 per year after that. Membership for full year.

CAPO - shallow Squats? untested Fed.
$80 per year.

Aust Drug Free - tested Fed

Has this been answered stiffo LOL.

Why do all the Brahs pin Roids for? Alot more reasons than just being number 1.

Then theres the competing element. Competing at anything does encourage people to do things that aren't "allowed".

I don't really get what you mean there.

What I was saying is that unless you are in a tested fed and close to winning, why do you care what other people around you are doing?
Some random kunce decides to get on the gas and beats your total by 5kg and in the process places 10th. Who cares?

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't.

People are always going to cheat, it's human nature. I don't stress myself out about stuff that is of no consequence to me.

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't.

People are always going to cheat, it's human nature. I don't stress myself out about stuff that is of no consequence to me.

So I suppose we should only have judges for 1st place. The rest of the guys can do half squats, wear a bench shirt for raw benching ect.

I personally believe if there is a tested fed that all members needed to be tested before they have competed - now I know there are so many variables going on that it would be hard to test over a number of weeks i.e 12/8/4/1 week out for example BUT I do believe that all members should be at least tested not simply randomly or the top 1 or 2....if you compete in a tested fed you should be tested.

Now I have been told that this is simply not viable due to costing (by a top dog within PA) - which I understand as a test costs around $900 BUT how can you truly be a tested comp without testing people?

I personally believe if there is a tested fed that all members needed to be tested before they have competed - now I know there are so many variables going on that it would be hard to test over a number of weeks i.e 12/8/4/1 week out for example BUT I do believe that all members should be at least tested not simply randomly or the top 1 or 2....if you compete in a tested fed you should be tested.

Now I have been told that this is simply not viable due to costing (by a top dog within PA) - which I understand as a test costs around $900 BUT how can you truly be a tested comp without testing people?

All you can do is what I gather they do currently - a combination of random and strategic testing and testing competition winners to validate results and get the best bang for the (paying members) buck so to speak.

Verifying that every member stays drug free from banned substances year round is a ridiculously huge undertaking, would be incredibly intrusive and I imagine would be rejected by many competitors for that reason alone. No doubt resulting in decreased membership numbers which would make the whole exercise detrimental to the fed and unsustainable as less people would be paying dues to support the testing.

All you can do is what I gather they do currently - a combination of random and strategic testing and testing competition winners to validate results and get the best bang for the (paying members) buck so to speak.

Verifying that every member stays drug free from banned substances year round is a ridiculously huge undertaking, would be incredibly intrusive and I imagine would be rejected by many competitors for that reason alone. No doubt resulting in decreased membership numbers which would make the whole exercise detrimental to the fed and unsustainable as less people would be paying dues to support the testing.

I know it was a goal of theirs to get to that point but I totally agree its not viable without huge government funding which was declined......there are so many factors at play, and different drugs - that tested sports do not exist anymore sadly....

What do you mean by that

No sport in the world is clear nowdays......drugs are too advanced for tests....theres more money in developing drugs that can beat tests than developing tests that can test for different/new drugs...

No sport in the world is clear nowdays......drugs are too advanced for tests....theres more money in developing drugs that can beat tests than developing tests that can test for different/new drugs...

I think it's in a better state than 10 years ago.