• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
OK, wondering how bad my 'cheat clean' or 'very shitty clean / bicep curl' so I can overhead press a bar is for me:

Me doing 77.5kgx3. It gets heavy for me around 80kg.
77.5kgx3.mp4 - 12 Jan 2013 - YouTube

And yeah I know I use a narrow grip. If I go even an inch wider my shoulders scream 'please fucking stop' though.

Nothing wrong with a narrow grip, I use a narrow one and I'm fine. You need to stop lifting on grass though, it's probably got a slope that'll cause muscle imbalances.

What are people's thoughts on ensuring best performance for a morning workout? I train at ~0600, generally fasted - I have a pre-workout supp (neogenix neuroshock atm, though I dont rate it.. just using it up now since i've spent money on it)..

Sleep is all over the place and isn't something that I am in a position to improve (3 young kids = sleep is what it is) but thinking along the lines of diet - carbs the night before, food before workout, etc etc ??

Depends on the individual... Its a purely personal thing...

Glycogen levels can take several days to refuel after depletion... If your in Keto your carb timing might be relevant...

However with normal eating it shouldn't really make a difference unless your doing some sort of glycogen depleting activities the day before training...

I train better fasted in the morning....

If training in the arvo I need to eat something small a couple of hours before training...

But that's just me... It's up to you to figure out what works for you...

Allright so I got a little lower back pain which is still annoying me 5 days after squatting.

Noticed it yesterday when picking up a 25kg plate - sharp pain down 1 side. Luckily no after affects and I was damn careful even with the 10kg bumpers after that.

Leave it till it completely goes away? I think the cause was 'butt wink' when squatting 5 days ago, and some deads a week ago. Not keen on reinjuring myself... and the way to do that I hear is not listening to your body and working out frequently.

Allright so I got a little lower back pain which is still annoying me 5 days after squatting.

Noticed it yesterday when picking up a 25kg plate - sharp pain down 1 side. Luckily no after affects and I was damn careful even with the 10kg bumpers after that.

Leave it till it completely goes away? I think the cause was 'butt wink' when squatting 5 days ago, and some deads a week ago. Not keen on reinjuring myself... and the way to do that I hear is not listening to your body and working out frequently.

I forget which muscle it is because my naming sucks dick, but there is a small muscle that assists the erectors in erecting and it sounds like you have a mild pull there. You can get in there pretty easily with a golf ball and roll around on it.

I'm not very good at squat form and only know what works for me but I found really shoving my knees out fixed buttwink completely. I mean really shoving them out as hard as you can. I dunno if you do this already though or even if that would be the problem

As a squatter with a fucked back. Leave till your pain free then start again. That mild rqdiating pain can easily turn into sharp stab that feels like red hot knife everytime you step. Don't fuck with your back especially if you have history of problems.

Do you know a good one for android?
Preferably with myofascial release trigger points!
Thanks

Geez......

I have "visual Anatomy free", but theres no myofascial info. Has all the muscles and bones etc

Yeah thanks guys.

Thinking I made the right call giving the workout a miss today. Maybe some hill runs and light squatting in a few days.

Beginning to think I'm one of those people who can't deadlift tho, just like some can't bench cause of shoulder issues. Spent too many years throwing around 30kg suitcases at the airport.....

Geez......

I have "visual Anatomy free", but theres no myofascial info. Has all the muscles and bones etc

128867255626727463.jpg

Yeah thanks guys.

Thinking I made the right call giving the workout a miss today. Maybe some hill runs and light squatting in a few days.

Beginning to think I'm one of those people who can't deadlift tho, just like some can't bench cause of shoulder issues. Spent too many years throwing around 30kg suitcases at the airport.....

My advice is try stiff legs exclusively for a few months stretch out the hams release the tightness in the low back. Start light real deep and slowly add weight. Worked for me.