• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Best tricep exercise for fucked elbows?

Can't do skull crushers, elbows feel really bad, close grip bench feels alright.

What other alternatives are there?

For some weird reason I get less elbow bother doing DB skullcrushers...could be because you can have your wrists in whatever position you want as opposed to being locked in position with a barbell....might be worth a try?

Touch and go vs Paused bench - Main difference in muscle loading is the second requires more chest strength?

Best tricep exercise for fucked elbows?

Can't do skull crushers, elbows feel really bad, close grip bench feels alright.

What other alternatives are there?
I know this isnt a tricep exercise but maybe it will help with your elbows. This might sound insane but high rep BB curls. Paul from lift-run-bang.com swears by it for elbow health, 100 reps with a light weight. I have dodgy elbows and I find doing a set of as many as possible has help me with my elbow pain. I cant get anywhere close to 100 but around 50+ seems to pump enough blood through the area to help heal the elbow.

I know this isnt a tricep exercise but maybe it will help with your elbows. This might sound insane but high rep BB curls. Paul from lift-run-bang.com swears by it for elbow health, 100 reps with a light weight. I have dodgy elbows and I find doing a set of as many as possible has help me with my elbow pain. I cant get anywhere close to 100 but around 50+ seems to pump enough blood through the area to help heal the elbow.

Backing this also. Added effect of being able to get significant sarcoplasmic bicep growth in just 5 minutes.

Backing this also. Added effect of being able to get significant sarcoplasmic bicep growth in just 5 minutes.

For some weird reason I get less elbow bother doing DB skullcrushers...could be because you can have your wrists in whatever position you want as opposed to being locked in position with a barbell....might be worth a try?

Rope pushdowns are pretty elbow friendly

Thanks heaps brahs. Will give it a shot.

Last edited:
I've been doing 30-rep curls lately. Maybe I should be progressing the reps rather than weight, based on recent discussion. I don't have any current shoulder problems...but I'd like to keep it that way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n91rtDZWGM]Poundstone curls - YouTube[/ame]

OK, wondering how bad my 'cheat clean' or 'very shitty clean / bicep curl' so I can overhead press a bar is for me:

Me doing 77.5kgx3. It gets heavy for me around 80kg.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6PQ4ebr5Q[/ame]

And yeah I know I use a narrow grip. If I go even an inch wider my shoulders scream 'please fucking stop' though.

What are people's thoughts on ensuring best performance for a morning workout? I train at ~0600, generally fasted - I have a pre-workout supp (neogenix neuroshock atm, though I dont rate it.. just using it up now since i've spent money on it)..

Sleep is all over the place and isn't something that I am in a position to improve (3 young kids = sleep is what it is) but thinking along the lines of diet - carbs the night before, food before workout, etc etc ??

OK, wondering how bad my 'cheat clean' or 'very shitty clean / bicep curl' so I can overhead press a bar is for me:

77.5kgx3.mp4 - 12 Jan 2013 - YouTube

And yeah I know I use a narrow grip. If I go even an inch wider my shoulders scream 'please fucking stop' though.

Pretty much what mine looks like as well lol. I wouldn't catch the weight on the wrists like that though

Atrocious clean, impressive press. Why are you leaning to the left though?

Maybe cause the ground slopes that way? lol.. Could be a green ants nest I'm trying to avoid... that's the only reason I have shoes on there... That fucking hurts when you realise you just did 5 reps standing in one.

Yeah my conditions aren't ideal. I'm too tall to do standing press inside without the bar hitting the roof. I might try and jig something up with a carpenters level and some plywood - a makeshift outside lifting platform. I will need it soon that I'm starting deadlifting.

Might even get some olympic weight lifting coaching in the future, throwing things overhead is fun.

Better than no training
It's a fucking ~80kg press, not a 300kg squat lol
Does the bar hit the roof or just the plates? You could always use lots of small plates if there is room

Last edited:

That's pretty much how I used to do "cleans," before doing some reading on them. Good way to get a bicep tear, from what I hear. The weight you're moving, both from the ground to shoulders, and from shoulders to overhead, thoroughly puts me to shame, regardless.

As Nick how much weight I was squatting yesterday to put me to shame :p I stopped by Strength Sports gym