• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Fun fact: Coan didn't write the Coan/Phillipi deadlift program, nor had ANYTHING to do with it. For shits and giggles he ran it once and didn't get anything on his deadlift

Anyone ever had trouble overhead pressing and staying stable?

Might be my shitty core / lack of lower body stuff screwing me over.

Im really tall which doesnt help. Noticed it today doing sets of 70kg.

tried squeezing your glutes together hard? helped me with too much leanback, that and using a slight knee bend on heavy sets (as per Rippetoe's video on the press).

Does anyone find after heavy deads (with double over grip) their fingers feel like they've been damaged?

Just did some sets of 145kgx5, which isn't too heavy, but it was pretty hard to hang on to and im feeling it now.

And now for something completely different, here is Kirill Sarychev beside a normal human:

k3viic.jpg
[/IMG]

Does anyone find after heavy deads (with double over grip) their fingers feel like they've been damaged?

Just did some sets of 145kgx5, which isn't too heavy, but it was pretty hard to hang on to and im feeling it now.

And now for something completely different, here is Kirill Sarychev beside a normal human:

k3viic.jpg
[/IMG]

Aren't you a rock climber or something? I would have thought your hands would be like a vice!!
I use double overhand up to around 180kg for deads, then switch my right hand. I don't do anything except farmers walks, deads and dumbell rows for my grip and it'll never fail. (I've done a 380kg rack pull and held it for quite a while.)
That's all I could suggest mate...

Yeah was a rock climber, but I seem to do it every few months now (max) so finger strength benefits have gone. I find it's totally different from deadlifting and holding a bar anyway.