• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
rock climbing is nothing like deadlifting
you don't even need to be that strong to rock climb really, most people are strong enough on this forum

different type of strength

It's a different strength but I think they were more implying that you should have excellent grip strength if you rock climb?

Why
How much crushing strength does it take to hold your body weight
How much finger strength does it take to hold a deadlift

no he is not, only deadlifting and powerlifting.

He was told at school by everyone, one day you will be a great powerlifter, not a footballer, runner, or anything else.

I've seen middle aged fat women climb and it has nothing to do with your ability to hold onto a fucking bar

I've seen middle aged fat women climb and it has nothing to do with your ability to hold onto a fucking bar

Get off the beginner climbs then bro.

Harder wall climbs require hand strength. Say anything other then that and make yourself look like more of an idiot.

Get off the beginner climbs then bro.

Harder wall climbs require hand strength. Say anything other then that and make yourself look like more of an idiot.

Implying that hand strength = holding onto a barbell is being an idiot
The two are nothing alike
Does this look like holding onto a deadlift to you?
Me neither, glad we could settle that

14883_10200705366740256_2090828419_n.jpg

Implying that hand strength = holding onto a barbell is being an idiot
The two are nothing alike
Does this look like holding onto a deadlift to you?
Me neither, glad we could settle that

14883_10200705366740256_2090828419_n.jpg

Please quote where I said anything about holding onto a barbell when talking about rock climbing. Apology accepted.

You said you saw middle aged fat women rock climbing. Obviously not on a climb of any difficulty so who gives a fuck about it.

Hand strength is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also like to see a large/heavy person with little hand strength climb a rocky cliff for an hour...

Yeah so important, despite the best rock climber on AusBB having trouble doing it and they guy I linked (Adam Clay) being unable to hold onto 100kg

I rock climb with no issues yet my grip strength when deadlifting is ordinary. . Go figure.