• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No carb meals

So...... I fucking love carbs.

I've never even thought about not eating them, but now I am.

A number of my clients, myself included will be running CarbNite/CBL.

I'm quite happy eating steak and zucchini or chicken and broccoli ect, but I'm sure the others (especially my wife) will appreciate some meal ideas.

Chris, viv, munbro?

Cheers in advance :)

Viv and Chris will come up with more but...

Stir fries
Casseroles, slow cooked meals with cauli mash instead of smashed spuds.

San choy bau (mince in lettuce cups)

Don't do low carb any more but back when I did.

Meat and veg obviously.

I like making chicken or beef wraps, for low carb just replace the wrap with a big lettuce leaf. Still tastes surprisingly good.

has been said but cauliflower mash when made well tastes pretty good. Not a real lot different to normal potato mash.

You can do crumbed chicken breast but replace the bread crumbs with almond meal.

That's all I can remember for now. I love carbs too much to do that again.

Steak and green salad, bacon and eggs, chicken breast, chicken wings, roast chicken/turkey/lamb/pork etc, various mince dishes, stir fries, prawns, fish, eggs in all shapes and sizes etc.

Just be careful of hidden carbs in sausages, dips, sauces, salami, twiggy sticks, stuffings etc

Thanks so far guys.
I know what does and doest have carbs in it, I maybe should have made that a bit clearer.

I'm more after

200g chicken breast, stuffed with zucinni
1cup lettuce
3 table spoons vinegar

Things like that.

The cauliflower mash/rice is a good one.

So...... I fucking love carbs.

I've never even thought about not eating them, but now I am.

I'm quite happy eating steak and zucchini or chicken and broccoli ect, but I'm sure the others (especially my wife) will appreciate some meal ideas.

Chris, viv, munbro?

Cheers in advance :)

Ive also heard of some people blending up cauli a little to replicate "rice"

yep plenty of recipes online if you google "cauliflower rice' and all low carb. It's really good. I do it too.

Also, low carb cauliflower based pizza bases. Same recipe on a gazillion sites. Google cauliflower pizza base and pick the one you like best. Really nice!

Just be careful of hidden carbs in sausages, dips, sauces, salami, twiggy sticks, stuffings etc

Haha maybe it is my italian heritage but here's the thing:

If there is anything but pure meat, lard, and salt/pepper/spices/herbs in your sausages or salamis, you are buying crap.
They should be 100% carb free. Don't pay for sawdust in your meat. :)

I don't have recipes that I follow as I make stuff up as I go along but pretty much what the guys have all said is what I'd suggest.

Here are some good recipe blogs/sites that are low carb in principle and have good recipes.

I humbly submit that on the sweet side I also have low carb recipes (and for breads) on my own site and some that can be converted easily.

Living Low Carb...One Day at a Time

http://www.facebook.com/ibreatheimhungry?fref=pb

http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbaussie?fref=pb

Low Carb Diet Recipes collection - Taste.com.au

it's just a few to get you looking.

Hope that helps. If you need any tips on how to convert some recipes to low carb with substitutions, yell out.

BTW, i LOVE LOVE LOVE CBL/CarbNite!! I basically follow the same diet except that I am not doing the fasting part of it for a while (or I'll get beaten up by Chris and my trainer lol).

Kiefer is great. His book is really good.
jason ferruggia's Renegade diet is pretty much along the same lines except he's focussed on eating "clean" so no pastries etc on his diet.

Would love to hear what your experience is on the diet after a month or so.

What is CarbNite/CBL? and how does it differ to other low carb diets?

Best way to do cauliflower mash is to microwave chunks of cauliflower until just tender then straight in the food processor. I like it with chicken breast and some soy sauce.

Best way to do cauliflower mash is to microwave chunks of cauliflower until just tender then straight in the food processor. I like it with chicken breast and some soy sauce.

John Kiefer's diet protocol:

Dangerously Hardcore -
Carb Back-Loading: Manual for Total Body Fat Control

A similar thing (but with a slightly different philosophy about which foods to eat) is Jason Ferruggia's Renegade Diet:

The Renegade Diet- Losing Fat & Gaining Muscle Simultaneously is Now a Reality

The Renegade Diet Reviewed » Blog » Sean Hyson

Both are based on the idea of carb-backloading and both advocate an IF approach but have options for anyone training in the early morning.

Both books are great and the diets are solid.

Just be aware that soy sauce is very high in carbs.

From what I understand CBL is not really low carb as you only do not eat carbs in the morning but then eat carbs after gym. I think you start off with a low carb period at the beginning for a few days.

Most meals that have pasta taste alright if you replace pasta with green beans, true story..
Other than that the normal burgers, no bun, taco or burrito salads are great..

I became a big fan of this one while running keto:

Chicken Boscaiola
Generously coat chicken breast fillets or thigh fillets in olive oil + paprika, season with salt + pepper, roast in 180c oven for 35-40min.

Sauce:
Dice up a rasher of bacon, cook till it starts to turn brown, meanwhile chop a few mushrooms, throw in with bacon + some butter (or olive oil) with a clove of crushed garlic, add a dash of white wine (optional), fresh cream, chopped chives and grated parmesan. Takes around 10min to cook sauce.

Serve with green beans or other boring vegetable of choice.

I'm enjoying CBL, and the results are there to say it works.

I'd definitely get the book, I bought it.