• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No carb meals

Big Mick: I have no idea what you are arguing about?

and yeah, I'll probably give it a go too. I'm all for self experimentation.

Just saying the guy in the video is just spewing out rehashed stuff with no backing, he has not uttered one thing that has not been said and preached by people over and over.

Some people seem to think he is brilliant, he has done nothing that has impressed me.

Thats all...no more no less:)

Riiiiight.

So why should one specifically avoid low gi carbs post workout? Scientifically speaking that is.

It's explained in CBL.

But in a nutshell it's because they are slow digesting, and will be in your system for a longer period of time, so while your body is busy trying to digest low GI carbs it is not losing fat as the fat loss hormones are inhibited.

Plus it will not cause the insulin spike required to transport the nutrients/proteins into the muscles.

The science behind it is explained in the book over several pages.

By the way I have not tried CBL myself yet, still making great gains on my current low carb diet, without any backloading.

Once I get closer to my goals will give back loading a try and will monitor progress very very closely.

It's explained in CBL.

But in a nutshell it's because they are slow digesting, and will be in your system for a longer period of time, so while your body is busy trying to digest low GI carbs it is not losing fat as the fat loss hormones are inhibited.

Plus it will not cause the insulin spike required to transport the nutrients/proteins into the muscles.

Mick????

That's not science...

Mick????

That's not science...

How so?? It is scientifically explained in the book, everything he says in the book is scientifically backed with research and facts form thousand and thousands of studies.

And I guess he has results on the board as well.

Like I said I am yet to try it, but won't at this stage as what I am doing ATM is getting results that I want, so will keep going till the results stop then change something.

I am down 7kg and strength and energy is up so why even consider changing, plus I love what I am eating, have never gone hungry, have not counted a single calorie, have seconds and thirds most dinners and eating like a king.:)

It's explained in CBL.

By the way I have not tried CBL myself yet, still making great gains on my current low carb diet, without any backloading.

Once I get closer to my goals will give back loading a try and will monitor progress very very closely.

The book actually says "the bigger the insulin spike, the better". Why is this? Especially seeing as how he has already recommended an intraworkout drink that contains whey, casein and leucine.

By your reasoning, you will only be gaining muscle for the amount of time that you have your high gi meal and massive insulin spike. Then you just slip right back into fat loss.

BTW I wish I could just link you to the Alan Aragon research review on this as it makes a lot of sense.

The book actually says "the bigger the insulin spike, the better". Why is this? Especially seeing as how he has already recommended an intraworkout drink that contains whey, casein and leucine.

By your reasoning, you will only be gaining muscle for the amount of time that you have your high gi meal and massive insulin spike. Then you just slip right back into fat loss.

BTW I wish I could just link you to the Alan Aragon research review on this as it makes a lot of sense.

I wouldnt mind reading that. do you have a link for it? just realised you have to be a member. nevermind

Last edited:

Why dont you ask these questions on the CBL forums, you might be hitting a better qualified target audience. This isnt a stab at you or Mick, but I'm curious about this as well and people who following the diet on their forums might be better armed to respond.

Is that the dangerously hardcore one? If so, I think I'll do that. If someone has an answer, I'd like to know it :)

Anyone else seen the photos of sticky... Pretty impressive...

Apart from looking like a crazy serial killer.... He's looking swole!!!

I suggest you to add some fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. i have experience lots of supplement for nutritions but they give results for a limited time of period we need some thing which help us to have a balance health and fitness for this we need to have fruits and vegetables in our daily routine.

Are you serious? You have to eat vegies.

FML I have been doing it all wrong