• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Keto Diet

100.6 this morning before starting carb load.

That's where I expected to be yesterday.

happy with that.

No target weight in mind matey.
Just going by look.
Only using weight as a guide so I know when to reduce cals.

smelly urine, bad breath, disorientation and reduced strength and endurance in the gym to name a few. I'd recommend reading "The Anabolic Diet" by Dr Mauro DiPasquale, its one of the original keto diet books and also check out the keto forum on bodybuilding.com yes i know bb.com is retarded but there is a wealth of information on keto in there if you sift through the shit. without really reading back through your thread i'd say you havent hit ketosis and it will be because you arent eating enough fat, aim for at least 70f/35p/5c and skip the carb ups until you hit keto

That's only if you are not using the ketones for energy and excreting them through your piss or breath.

On a CKD your weight can vary alot as Shrek has just experienced.
Best is to stick with it for a good period of time to notice visual differences.

OK i know u all know this but...

ketosis is a metabolic condition, where you burn fat for fuel rather than carbs (carb burn is what most modern humans have been in since birth).

a calorie is literally the amount of heat it takes to raise a body of water by a degree. fat burns hotter in a sense. we need to eat fat to enter ketosis and stay there.

To lose weight a variation of the first law of thermodynamics must be true for the given situation. This is not a method...think of it as a proof for whatever your doing. It states

A NEGATIVE CHANGE IN ENERGY = HEAT ADDED TO THE SYSTEM < WORK DONE BY THE SYSTEM

ketosis is not a marker for fat loss as you could easily be getting all the fat you need from the diet. just like anything you need to be in a deficit somehow to lose fat as with the above. ketones just help you mobilise the fat a heck of a lot easier.

lipolysis or beta oxidation or fat loss is a lot harder when not in ketosis because your body is hanging onto that fat for a rainy day when it might need it and its not going to give up its hard earned savings very easily...and its getting enought energy from carbs

so both of those facts should have you eating fat. its what its all about

to lose fat while in ketosis it all has to do with where your body gets the fatty acid from. if you are already in ketosis and you are not getting enough fat from the diet..then your body will turn to the fat stored in your body. you gotta add stimulous which contantly puts you in an increased metabolic state without crashing your metabolism.

rem fat energy crazy hot so if you eat extra fat forget about losing weight, unless ur burning it off

Now you ask why dont you just eat really low calories? Because if you do that your metabolism will crash and you will feel like dog shit and you wont lose any weight.

Also theres a hormone in your body called leptin. Its what tells your brain you dont need to store any more body fat. levels of this hormone go down after some time in ketosis. which is why you need to refeed carbs..to get it back up. we wouldnt need to do this but unfortunately we have been carb burners since we were babies.

the water loss, they call this induction flu, doesnt happen to everyone. depends on lotsa stuff. when you lose glycogen. when it is all release you lose 2/3 of water weight as well. but not all pepople lose weight , some just piss a lot.

u only store around 270grams of glycogen...but if glucose is premium unleaded..glycogen is jet fuel..takes time for the body to make it. i dont know why water comes out when its used up...but it does

Last edited:
That's only if you are not using the ketones for energy and excreting them through your piss or breath.

correct but at some point of being in ketosis you would normally experience at least one of these symptoms. its good for beginners to try and get far enough into ketosis to experience this they can then go by "feel" later on in the diet

On a CKD your weight can vary alot as Shrek has just experienced.
Best is to stick with it for a good period of time to notice visual differences.

any diet should be adhered to for a period of time before gauging results but keto does have a rep for dropping kilos very quickly and gaining them again on the carb ups lol. have you been on keto before J3TR33?

i'd almost be happy to start my own keto log to prove my posts if i wasnt in the middle of a good IF bulk. maybe closer to summer i'll keto go again

Last edited:
yeah to be honest last time i went keto i went 4 weeks before i carbed up

and i lost like 10kg's but muscle as well

that was back when i was 19 ages ago..and i used to workout like once per week. i read it inn the back of a magazine and just did it...didnt know nothin back then

Hey shrek you tried Almond spread? - changed over this week to natural almond spread just to try it out - SOOOOOO good - just having a spoonful with every meal.

Hey shrek you tried Almond spread? - changed over this week to natural almond spread just to try it out - SOOOOOO good - just having a spoonful with every meal.

It is so good it is dangerous! That and Natural Peanut butter, the devil disguised as god hahahaha So easy to over indulge with them but they are hell good!

I brought a food processor - which is a glorified blender.
Blend them up, add a little oil and walluh.

You can also do without the oil I believe if you slightly roast the nuts. But then that could change the structure of the nutrients which is why I just add cold pressed oil.

Also, you can make all sorts of butter, not just almods. I remember 1 jar i would have put 5 different nuts in. Tastes interesting :D

I brought a food processor - which is a glorified blender.
Blend them up, add a little oil and walluh.

You can also do without the oil I believe if you slightly roast the nuts. But then that could change the structure of the nutrients which is why I just add cold pressed oil.

Also, you can make all sorts of butter, not just almods. I remember 1 jar i would have put 5 different nuts in. Tastes interesting :D

Def going to try this! - might have a crack tonight and i'll try chuck some pics up.

i buy macro almond and hazlenut wholesale, it works out cheaper..i use about one a week. 12 meals..1 tablespoon per meal. i dont know if its enough though, but almonds are expensive anywys