• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Keto Diet

I have also heard coconut oil is one of the best sources of fat you can get....have been wanting to change to coconut oil but can only find the stuff thats already hard and not just the liguid.

I have also heard coconut oil is one of the best sources of fat you can get....have been wanting to change to coconut oil but can only find the stuff thats already hard and not just the liguid.

Coconut oil will solidify at around 18 degrees. Just dig out a tablespoon and then microwave it for 1min.

I have used coconut oil for all my cooking for a few years now. Tastes great. As said, it solidifies in the colder weather. No problem for cooking in a pan. But yeah, just nuke it if you need it for something else.

Also, why don't you guys mix up your nuts to something else instead of almonds if you don't like them so much? I am happy with almonds generally and I have a crazy addiction to cashews so I just don't buy them anymore :p

can you load on creatine while on keto? i mean theres no sugar to shuttle te creatine to the mucle but can you load anyway? even though most of it will be wasted?

Started at 102.4kg

3200 might be too much for some one weighing 70-80 kg but I'm over 100. :)

I have been as high as 114 but do not want to go there again. Too fat

Weigh in this morning

Damn only lost 100gms since Monday, Was expecting at least 500gms.

Not sure why this happened?

Weigh in this morning

Shrek, I have tried a CKD in the past, and I noticed the same thing, weight didn't change much or it would go down one week and go back up another.

It is hard to judge if its working unless you take measurements or do body fat testing.

Most likely "recomposition".

Start taking photos and don't be disheartened by the scale weight.

Yep I agree.
Only been at it just under 3 weeks so not pannicing?

We'll see how the next couple of weeks pan out.

Weigh in this morning

What has happened with the Bf%? That should be taken in higher regard to scale weight losses or gains. To many contributing factors in the little scale weight loss and gains. But yes in the end a drop in 'scale weight would be expected to a certain extent.

hey shrek dont look at the scales too much in your first few weeks. Your body has got to get used to the metabolic conditionin ur doing in diet and workout first down to the cellular level. once thats done and the shock is over it will ramp up into a lower gear like a car...literally and rev high from the 5-6 meals ur getting in

its all about adaption I suppose

if u wait a couple then start tapering down making very small changes to the diet weekly..u should see some good results. in ur last few weeks, shit laking taking salt out of the diet will lose you 2kg's..

Last edited:
Are u in ketosis? You should drop a stack of kilos in water weight in the first few weeks. If u havent then chances are you aren't in ketosis. U should also be experiencing some of the keto side effects

smelly urine, bad breath, disorientation and reduced strength and endurance in the gym to name a few. I'd recommend reading "The Anabolic Diet" by Dr Mauro DiPasquale, its one of the original keto diet books and also check out the keto forum on bodybuilding.com yes i know bb.com is retarded but there is a wealth of information on keto in there if you sift through the shit. without really reading back through your thread i'd say you havent hit ketosis and it will be because you arent eating enough fat, aim for at least 70f/35p/5c and skip the carb ups until you hit keto