• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Keto Diet

Were you 1kg heavier this morning? Lol, it could be just water retention from the carbs you consumed.

You are best to measure every Friday morning after a piss/no2, this should give you a true indication if the diet is working.

I can vary with weight by 2-3kg in a few days due to carbs/water.

I weighed on Monday (first day) and was 102.4kg. On Friday I was 102.1kg so I lost 300gms in 4 days which is Ok I guess, but this morning after first piss I was 103.1kg.

Fucking LOL.

take 1kg of meat...picture that as fat...your body has to create that..from nothing.

I don't reckon its fat. I reckon you put on water.

But I heard white potatoes are like sugar.

Man im just like you i gain from people talking about carbs

This weekend I will switch to sweet potato for my carbs.

can't wait for the weigh in on Friday morning. Interesting.

I think I overdid the carb-loading over the weekend. I was 1kg heavier than i was Friday morning.

Fuck, I just look at carbs and I gain weight.

that will happen on your carb ups dont worry about it. its water weight and you quickly drop it again

Sat:
750g potatoes = 84g carbs

SUN:
600g pasta = 170g carbs
200g potato = 22g carbs

Estimates obviously but 276g carbs. Water retention of 3:1 = 828g water weight. Not including any other incidental carbs you may have taken in.

So basically, don't worry about it :)

Yea def water weight.

But I would change your carb sources up from pasta/white potatos to basmati rice and sweet potato if possible....more complex carbs than simple carbs.

It will be sweet potato all the way this weekend.

I will weigh on Friday morning before carb up Saturday and again Monday morning.

Also I have aquired 4 bottles of OEP the US version (enough for 2 x 4 week cycles). Should I use now or wait until more fat drops off since I'm only second week in.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdJFbjWHEU]YouTube - ‪Doug McGuff M.D. -- Medical Support for the Paleo Diet [Full]‬‏[/ame]

Dr Douglas Mcguff

1:23:16 Great advocation for ketosis

1:02:30 onward if you want to understand metabolism and bio chem in easy to explain way.

Fast foward dont watch the whole thing.

not for vegans ;)

Just thought i would give an update on my experience with a very similar keto diet to yours Shrek. I just reduced the amount of Almonds cause i cant stomach that many haha.

Have dropped 1.2kg in the first weak with the only exercise being 3 heavy weight sessions. No HIIT as yet.

That was with a pretty dodgy day on Monday where i ate potato and ice cream. (was after a funeral and they had unlimited free soft serve, couldnt help myself! :D).

Just thought i would give an update on my experience with a very similar keto diet to yours Shrek. I just reduced the amount of Almonds cause i cant stomach that many haha.

Have dropped 1.2kg in the first weak with the only exercise being 3 heavy weight sessions. No HIIT as yet.

That was with a pretty dodgy day on Monday where i ate potato and ice cream. (was after a funeral and they had unlimited free soft serve, couldnt help myself! :D).
Yeah the Almonds get sickening, so i have substituted a couple of meals with peanut butter to equal the same calories (approx 2 tbs)

I weighed on Monday (first day) and was 102.4kg. On Friday I was 102.1kg so I lost 300gms in 4 days which is Ok I guess, but this morning after first piss I was 103.1kg.

Fucking LOL.
101.4 this morning. happy with that. Will weigh again on Monday after weekend carb up.

I lost 1.7 from Monday to Friday morning so I would put most of that to water.

My aim would be around 100.6 next Friday and 100.0 by the Friday after because no doubt i will go up slightly again after weekend carb ups.

The Gift to Lift - I have cut all coffee from my diet. Only drinking 2-3 cups of Green tea per day.
The diet pills have caffeine already.

I heard coconut oil in the morning is a great way to get into keto...heard it from an organic chemist? anyone know about this?