• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Examples of some low gi foods.
Snickers bar
Sponge cake
Nutella
Chocolate milk
Corn chips
Special K
Spaghetti
Orange juice
Ice creams

A quick Google search found your list.
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nutrition/resources/paeds_gi.pdf

Your forgot to include "*These foods are high in fat and/or sugar and should be eaten occasionally. These foods provide lots of extra energy (calories) and are low in nutritional value.".

Like I said in past posts, most foods consumed by the general public are highly processed carbs, calorie dense and aren't filling. Replacing even half with protein and fats would do wonders for most people in terms of balanced energy release and body composition.

A quick Google search found your list.
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nutrition/resources/paeds_gi.pdf

Your forgot to include "*These foods are high in fat and/or sugar and should be eaten occasionally. These foods provide lots of extra energy (calories) and are low in nutritional value.".

Like I said in past posts, most foods consumed by the general public are highly processed carbs, calorie dense and aren't filling. Replacing even half with protein and fats would do wonders for most people in terms of balanced energy release and body composition.

If your saying that's the link I got those examples from? Not that is matters but no, I got most from a book I had.

These were examples of GI being garbage.

To add to that GI is calculated from individual foods and mean nothing in the context of a meal with many foods eaten.

Also GI doesn't match well with satiety and it doesn't match well with insulin released. So why even bother with it.

Also GI doesn't match well with satiety and it doesn't match well with insulin released. So why even bother with it.

Because the GI of food dictates the speed at which glucose is released into the body. The faster the release, the faster the crash. A slower and more steady release will mean you're satiated for longer. Clearly evident when people eat junk which contains a large number of calories and are hungry not long after. I know personally when I eat clean low GI carbs I don't get hungry throughout the day.

Because the GI of food dictates the speed at which glucose is released into the body. The faster the release, the faster the crash. A slower and more steady release will mean you're satiated for longer. Clearly evident when people eat junk which contains a large number of calories and are hungry not long after. I know personally when I eat clean low GI carbs I don't get hungry throughout the day.

That was the theory but it doesn't work that way. Satiety and GI don't have a very good correlation.

not really, because as soon as you combine foods aka that have fats or proteins, it will slow absorption, aka GI

atm you guy's are just circle jerking terminology that isn't being used in "real life" like the humans we are.

so GI is not all about the carb count, its about the mix of macro's that determine how its digested.

that doesn't make chocolate milk good... its still sugar milk with some fat to slow digestion

This thread is a perfect example of where the issue is...

All dieters will lose weight provided a calorie deficit is in place...

So sure!!! To answer the thread title...

Losing weight on low carb is fact if in calorie deficit....

Losing weight on low carb is fiction if in calorie excess.....

On behalf of everyone whose enjoyed this thread over the past week or so I'd like to thank [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; [MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION]; and others for the entertainment.

Just wish [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; could have added to it.

[MENTION=8583]nazzysmith[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; you two bickering is ruining a good thread.

wait wot!