• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Sometimes i see academics or manual labour colleagues that I have known in the past and they express surprise i am still in reasonable shape as most have gained a lot of useless weight.

Fact is was not that hard to keep weight down, just a bit of discipline.

Nevertheless, I am interested in any knowledge hat may improve my health; I have increased my fats intake proportion.

In most cases i think food has become an addiction: Fat/salt/sugar are the factors, manufacturers know these three- make food tasty.

Have you ever had chips from Schnitz?
Shit their tasty.
They've got sugar on them.

True, but I have always liked fast food but was astute enough to know that too much meant I easily exceeded my daily needs.

If people understand the basic equation, you need to burn around the same energy as you eat, I do not think it would be hard to control your weight.

There is more choice at even maccas today, so people need to se their head with what they eat, not just go for the cheap and high calorie value deals.

I think the talk of addictive foods is a cop out. As usual people trying to pass the blame " it's not my fault I'm fat it's addictive foods".

Food can taste amazingly good but we all know that you can't eat massive amounts all the time without consequences. It's just takes a bit of will power but people look for the easy way out and blame something else.

There is more education then ever before.

how many times have you been able to just eat on potato chip, a hot chip with sauce, one pice of chocolate?
they have those combinations of fat, salt and sugar, and these are the ones we know about, there are huge amount of prepared food on shelves we don't know about, not aware of the addictive qualities of food, regardless of our education.

people go on crash diets wanting to lose fat fast and do too fast imo

I am not going to argue, but yes, I eat 20g of chocolate each day, no more.

More people used to smoke; they don't now because they know it is bad.

Well, people should be reasonable and also limit tasty food and know what you eat.

I think the talk of addictive foods is a cop out. As usual people trying to pass the blame " it's not my fault I'm fat it's addictive foods".

Food can taste amazingly good but we all know that you can't eat massive amounts all the time without consequences. It's just takes a bit of will power but people look for the easy way out and blame something else.

I think it important to just acknowledge.

some people just became oblivious also try dieting crash dieting, just takes some issue in their lives to go back to the comfort of food, like adding muscle is a slow progressive process it become intrinsic over time / years before long you can't live without you even go to forums to argue with bro- scientist to confirm your beliefs :) I know I do.

There is more education then ever before.

how many times have you been able to just eat on potato chip, a hot chip with sauce, one pice of chocolate?
they have those combinations of fat, salt and sugar, and these are the ones we know about, there are huge amount of prepared food on shelves we don't know about, not aware of the addictive qualities of food, regardless of our education.

people go on crash diets wanting to lose fat fast and do too fast imo

For foods that taste good I would struggle to eat a small amount like that of any of them. 1 grape, 1 macadamia nut, 1 small bite of steak.

What do we mean by addictive when talking about food? That it tastes good and we want more? Well in that case the mango I had yesterday was highly addictive. Should we therefore ban the sale of mangos?

For foods that taste good I would struggle to eat a small amount like that of any of them. 1 grape, 1 macadamia nut, 1 small bite of steak.

What do we mean by addictive when talking about food? That it tastes good and we want more? Well in that case the mango I had yesterday was highly addictive. Should we therefore ban the sale of mangos?

I know what your saying
Youre not the one with the problem of bieng obese, these fat people try crash diets and fail they go from eating everything in site. To drinking one or two supplement drinks a day.

I love junk food because it sends a sharp stab of pleasure into my brain just like a good whiff of yeyo does. But after multiples sessions with JA (Junkfood Annoynous), I have managed to use in moderation. Flog myself when there is craving. 23 days binge free and going strong!!

I know what your saying
Youre not the one with the problem of bieng obese, these fat people try crash diets and fail they go from eating everything in site. To drinking one or two supplement drinks a day.

I've gotten reasonably fat before but I wasn't under the illusion that there was any other reason for it than I was injured and smashing Macca's and pizza all day while being forced to lie on the couch. Took me a fair while to lose it all in the end.

Not much different to all the other fatties but they just look for excuses and the easy way out while continuing to sit on their fat arses.

It took them years to get that fat and they want to lose it all in 4 weeks before summer. It's not the fault of any foods. That's just their own fault.

The general public is fatter due to easy access to a numerous amount of fast foods, shit like kfc adding deep fried ribwich on ribwich in a ribwich type shit. And don't get me started on how the price of fresh produce being expensive in comparison to these fast food outlets

That's part of the answer.

Look at the general public's diet.

Breakfast - Cereal and maybe fruit. Both almost exclusively carbs. Tiny bit of protein from milk on cereal. Gives you a bit of an energy boost and then you're hungry in an hour.
Snack. - Coffee and cake. Mostly carbs with some fats from the cake and milk. Tiny bit of protein from the milk in the coffee.
Lunch. - Pie or pasty with a soft drink. Low grade meat and veg. Still mostly carbs from the pastry and sugar in the soft drink.
Dinner. - Maccas, KFC or home made spaghetti, etc. A bit more protein, but still fast absorbing carbs that don't leave you satisfied.
Dessert. - Ice cream. A bit of protein, but mostly carbs from the sugar and saturated fat.

With the above typical diet, it's nearly all processed foods of high GI carbs. By increasing healthy fats and protein, the average person would be satiated for longer.

Yes, part of the problem is people being lazy, but I'm purely looking at a lazy person's diet.

Last edited:
That's part of the answer.

Look at the general public's diet.

Breakfast - Cereal and maybe fruit. Both almost exclusively carbs. Tiny bit of protein from milk on cereal. Gives you a bit of an energy boost and then you're hungry in an hour.
Snack. - Coffee and cake. Mostly carbs with some fats from the cake and milk. Tiny bit of protein from the milk in the coffee.
Lunch. - Pie or pasty with a soft drink. Low grade meat and veg. Still mostly carbs from the pastry and sugar in the soft drink.
Dinner. - Maccas, KFC or home made spaghetti, etc. A bit more protein, but still fast absorbing carbs that don't leave you satisfied.
Dessert. - Ice cream. A bit of protein, but mostly carbs from the sugar and saturated fat.

With the above typical diet, it's nearly all processed foods of high GI carbs. By increasing healthy fats and protein, the average person would be satiated for longer.

Yes, part of the problem is people being lazy, but I'm purely looking at a lazy person's diet.

The link between GI and satiety is not that great.

A study done on a satiety index showed potatoes to be the most filling of foods tested and they are classed as high GI.

Yoghurt had a low GI but wasn't classed as very filling.

Cakes are generally pretty low GI and so is pasta.

Last edited:
seriously, who should we listen to.
a)the current bunch of doctors pleading with govt to assist with staple surgery .
b)0r bazza with some plain truths.

I go with b.

I've gotten reasonably fat before but I wasn't under the illusion that there was any other reason for it than I was injured and smashing Macca's and pizza all day while being forced to lie on the couch. Took me a fair while to lose it all in the end.

Not much different to all the other fatties but they just look for excuses and the easy way out while continuing to sit on their fat arses.

It took them years to get that fat and they want to lose it all in 4 weeks before summer. It's not the fault of any foods. That's just their own fault.

Totes

The link between GI and satiety is not that great.

A study done on a satiety index showed potatoes to be the most filling of foods tested and they are classed as high GI.

Yoghurt had a low GI but wasn't classed as very filling.

Cakes are generally pretty low GI and so is pasta.

There are always exceptions to the rules. But the majority of high GI foods consumed by the general public are sugar packed and calorie dense. Which means it doesn't fill you up and will leave you hungry not long after consuming.

There are always exceptions to the rules. But the majority of high GI foods consumed by the general public are sugar packed and calorie dense. Which means it doesn't fill you up and will leave you hungry not long after consuming.

When there are more exceptions than what fits the rule its a waste of time.