• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The reason I asked is because the bit that stood out to me (mainly because it's mirrors my own experience) is when he said (words to the effect of) "when I've been on diets before to drop body fat I've felt like I'm starving." LCHF helps him remain trim but not feel like he's on a diet. This is despite his high activity levels.

You only need to look at blokes like Stewart Dew and Dane Swan to see some very fit active individuals still carry around excess fat.

Batsmen sure but fast bowling is extraordinarily taxing on the body.

A diet that you have to exclude numerous food groups feels like you are not on a diet. Right.

I'm losing fat and I'm eating my second snickers for dessert. Low carb go fuck yourself.
BRB-using-imagination-since-no-pics.jpg

The reason I asked is because the bit that stood out to me (mainly because it's mirrors my own experience) is when he said (words to the effect of) "when I've been on diets before to drop body fat I've felt like I'm starving." LCHF helps him remain trim but not feel like he's on a diet. This is despite his high activity levels.

That's fair enough. As it's been said, people respond differently to certain food groups/macros. If it works for you, keep doing it. I never said that low carb is either good or bad. I was just against people demonising carbs, ignoring their positive effect on the body. Such as insulin, which is a growth hormone and aids in muscle development.

Because it's not the fashionable thing at the moment. That was the 90s to early 2000s. It's will come around again.
was it really the fashionable thing back then? i dont recall, only people i have known to be on high carbs are some pro bodybuilders who have been on 1000g a day, then again they have also been on the gear and god knows what as well AND this was while cutting....

Well from that study less than 40% of calories coming from carbs is considered low carb.

I cut on 4000 calories. So as long as I am under 400g of carbs a day it is considered low carb. Lol.

Someone cutting on 2000 calories can be eating 199g of carbs a day and be considered low carb. Lol. If that's low carb I have no issue with it what so ever.

It pays to actually read the study. Going by their definitions of low carb (less than 40% calories as carb) and low fat( less than 20% fat) I would say the low carb group is more appropriate for most people but it isn't really that low in carbs at all.

Last edited:
was it really the fashionable thing back then? i dont recall, only people i have known to be on high carbs are some pro bodybuilders who have been on 1000g a day, then again they have also been on the gear and god knows what as well AND this was while cutting....

It was kind of fashionable by default as everyone was against fat. All fats and fatty meat were the devil. So by default the only thing remaining to eat was carbs. Look how that turned out. The general public is fatter than ever in human history.

It was kind of fashionable by default as everyone was against fat. All fats and fatty meat were the devil. So by default the only thing remaining to eat was carbs. Look how that turned out. The general public is fatter than ever in human history.
The general public is fatter due to easy access to a numerous amount of fast foods, shit like kfc adding deep fried ribwich on ribwich in a ribwich type shit. And don't get me started on how the price of fresh produce being expensive in comparison to these fast food outlets

The general public is fatter due to easy access to a numerous amount of fast foods, shit like kfc adding deep fried ribwich on ribwich in a ribwich type shit. And don't get me started on how the price of fresh produce being expensive in comparison to these fast food outlets

I don't agree. If I have a big feed of kfc and a dessert it will cost around 30 bucks. I can make up a huge feed of meat and veg with fruit for dessert for easily under 10.

Plus it's not the fast food outlets that are the issue. Are they holding people down and forcing the food down their throats.

It's more complicated than that.

I don't agree. If I have a big feed of kfc and a dessert it will cost around 30 bucks. I can make up a huge feed of meat and veg with fruit for dessert for easily under 10.

Plus it's not the fast food outlets that are the issue. Are they holding people down and forcing the food down their throats.
[MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION] ; I forgot to add in people are fucking lazy, and complain about things taking up their time, yet they sit in front a computer or tv screen. Same excuse of why they don't go to a gym.
Also I am not talking about a fuck off massive feed, 1 meal deal type thing is about 10 bucks

[MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION] ; I forgot to add in people are fucking lazy, and complain about things taking up their time, yet they sit in front a computer or tv screen. Same excuse of why they don't go to a gym.
Also I am not talking about a fuck off massive feed, 1 meal deal type thing is about 10 bucks

I am comparing big feed with big feed.

Those meal deal things are fucking tiny. $10 is robbery for those and not cheap at all.

fact is that there is an unprecedented amount of info out there about calories and cost of foods for anyone interested to achieve health goals, such as losing weight in an affordable way.

Truth is most could not be bothered. They don't want to exercise, but they like tasty and easy food.

The other truth is that health goals in the modern world, where most of us do a lot less than decades ago, requires discipline.

fact is that there is an unprecedented amount of info out there about calories and cost of foods for anyone interested to achieve health goals, such as losing weight in an affordable way.

Truth is most could not be bothered. They don't want to exercise, but they like tasty and easy food.

The other truth is that health goals in the modern world, where most of us do a lot less than decades ago, requires discipline.

In most cases i think food has become an addiction: Fat/salt/sugar are the factors, manufacturers know these three- make food tasty.

Have you ever had chips from Schnitz?
Shit their tasty.
They've got sugar on them.

Last edited: