• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

loss of speed?

No, your workout.

sunday:rest
monday:workout A
tuesday:footy training
wednesday: workout B
thursday:footy training
friday: rest
saturday: game day

your body is trying to tell you something.

If your skills and fitness levels are good then you should consider incorporating weights into you training.

Off season is when you go balls to the wall biulding strength.

In season your focus on weights should change, in that your template be designed as a means to prevent injury on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device
monday:
squats 4x6-8
bench press 4x4-6
overhead press 4x4-6
deadlifts 4x6
chin ups 3x failure

wednesday:
squats 4x6-8
bench press 4x4-6
overhead press 4x4-6
deadlifts 4x6
pullups 3x failure

I have a boy trying for a Gridiron Scholorship in the States training with me now.

He trains for his sport on Wednesday, plays Sunday, hits the weights with me on Tuesday and Thursday.

One month now, he tells me he is moving much better on the field.

He was a novice though, his school weight program was ordinary.

I have to be careful not to burn him out, the off season we will hit it much harder.

I have a boy trying for a Gridiron Scholorship in the States training with me now.

He trains for his sport on Wednesday, plays Sunday, hits the weights with me on Tuesday and Thursday.

One month now, he tells me he is moving much better on the field.

He was a novice though, his school weight program was ordinary.

I have to be careful not to burn him out, the off season we will hit it much harder.
i dont want to loose the muscle i have gained by stopping my program. is there another way to keep the muscle but make my body less sore at the same time?

Who said anything about stopping a program?

Your program is decreasing your ability to play your sport, is that what you set out to do when you started?

Rory is 137kg, trying to get to 150kg under instruction from the University.

He wont get there by not training.

I'm doing this for Super Bowl tickets in the future lol. He is only 18 and 6'7"

Your program is decreasing your ability to play your sport, is that what you set out to do when you started?

I saw through your thin vale of deception lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

what do you suggest i do?

Badzie, what do you think we are telling you?

There is no magic to this, it's not rocket science.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heres the tricky bit.

Sometimes Rory is moving the weights really slowly, thats a sign he hasnt recovered from either his game, training or weights session.

Instead of stopping, we switch to a KB complex or some type of circuit where he will squat, press, clean, deadlift etc with lighter weights in a non stop circuit.

Other days he is fresh and I hammer him. If he's paying me money, he better be getting a better workout than what he gets at a commercial gym.

He came to me because at testing at some camp he didnt fair too well, he went to see Pete at SS & S, who referred him to me.

He already had a program, but a program is a piece of paper.

A coach is a living breathing organism that can make changes as needed.

If Usain Bolt has a coach, the greatest sprinter of all time with the greatest potential ever, what makes people with lesser talents think they can do a one size fits all program at a normal people and gym and make great progress?

How talented are you and how far do you want to go in your sport?

Rory has extremely high goals, the highest.

There are great coaches in every state, find one.

You can make progress alone, good progress, but another set of eyes makes the difference sometimes.

Also, Rips program is not one I would have someone do for football. Its great for basic strength, but I doubt he has even seen a game of Aussie Rules.

There wouldnt be one player in the AFL doing that program.

Listen to Markos he has told you what you need to do. Go find a good coach pay them a little money to assess you and your needs and then go from there. If you can not afford to go see them all the time then fine, see them every month or so and get them to evaluate your progress and fix up your program as needed.

Learn the fine points of recovery (and basic points for that matter), you are obviously run down as you are always sore and feel like you are getting slower. Eat more, get proper rest, drink minimal alcohol if you have to, get the your life stress under control, eat healthily. A good coach will teach you what you should look out for as well, just ask them.

Also your program is not Starting Strength, far from it, you have gone and changed the program and added more volume to each workout (sets, reps and exercises), so do not say you are doing Starting Strength (there are no variants) as that is incorrect. What are you lifts by the way?

When I put on more weight I lost a lot of speed. I have now lost a lot and my speed has come back.

The lighter something is, the less force is required to change its direction.

Force = mass x acceleration

When I put on more weight I lost a lot of speed. I have now lost a lot and my speed has come back.

The lighter something is, the less force is required to change its direction.

Force = mass x acceleration

If you carry extra adipose then yes.

If you speak of extra muscle you are speaking from your arse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heres the tricky bit.

Sometimes Rory is moving the weights really slowly, thats a sign he hasnt recovered from either his game, training or weights session.

Instead of stopping, we switch to a KB complex or some type of circuit where he will squat, press, clean, deadlift etc with lighter weights in a non stop circuit.

Other days he is fresh and I hammer him. If he's paying me money, he better be getting a better workout than what he gets at a commercial gym.

He came to me because at testing at some camp he didnt fair too well, he went to see Pete at SS & S, who referred him to me.

He already had a program, but a program is a piece of paper.

A coach is a living breathing organism that can make changes as needed.

If Usain Bolt has a coach, the greatest sprinter of all time with the greatest potential ever, what makes people with lesser talents think they can do a one size fits all program at a normal people and gym and make great progress?

How talented are you and how far do you want to go in your sport?

Rory has extremely high goals, the highest.

There are great coaches in every state, find one.

You can make progress alone, good progress, but another set of eyes makes the difference sometimes.

Also, Rips program is not one I would have someone do for football. Its great for basic strength, but I doubt he has even seen a game of Aussie Rules.

There wouldnt be one player in the AFL doing that program.
would you be able to post rorys weight program please?

Work out how to lift and you can do it yourself.

I do not understand why something so simple has to be made so complex other than trying to baffle people with bullshit to make a buck.

I have nothing to hide, no agenda, buy a bar and some plates, find a bar to chin and bars to dip.
Learn to squat, pull from the floor, push over head, work hard to overload, eat, sleep and enjoy life.
How difficult is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

There are no triky bits.

Take some responsibility and get to know yourself, stop relying on others.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rory is probably an offensive lineman for american football VERY DIFFERENT needs to an AFL player.

Rubbish.

For example both code base strength on how much they can bench, which is ludicrous.

If an afl player weight trained the same as a thugby player would that make either slower, quicker? Kick the ball further?

It you think they should weight train differently you have had the wool pulled over your eyes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
If you carry extra adipose then yes.

If you speak of extra muscle you are speaking from your arse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hello arse man,

I mean fat. Sometimes I don't know why I bother posting here.

Wow you're the crazy old grandpa of the family.

AFL and rugby and gridiron have different needs. Go analyse the sports, sure both need strength and power but AFL is more free flowing (depending on position) if he is a midfielder conditioning training will change and its importance will change. If your conditioning is different your strength needs will be different. So therefore a league player needs more strength and power with an added importance on short sprinting. A full forward in AFL is kind of similar but they run more. A midfielder is quite different. Training with weights is not all just about strength training but conditioning your body to your needs.

I will agree that most basic weight training will be similar for each sport as getting their base levels of strength and power up is important but from then on there are different needs. There is nothing like a scrum in AFL which needs a lot more sustained and pure strength than what a continually running midfielder needs.