• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm Over Squats

My point is good bang for your buck. At one stage all I did was squat and my upperback grew better then it had in years and my deadlift got through a plateau even though I hadn't pulled from the floor in 12 weeks.

I don't think I would have gotten the same effect by just doing crunches or crunches and leg extensions. Surely you see where I am going here.

I have no idea where you are going, you're going around in circles.

Re-read what darkoz and I are telling you.
:eek:

Basicaly brick what he is saying in real simple terms to u is crunches will directly stimulate your abs more than squats or dead lifts. . Same way bicep curls will stimulate bis more than pull ups.squating and deadlifting are great for making your body s muscles work as team but abs n sit ups will yeld more focus from sit up
comoared to the latter? U comprehend amigo?

I really think at the level 99% of people are at they overcomplicate things with both lifting and their diet, threads like this prove my point, what worked for builbing ABS, legs or back 30 yrs ago will still work today, the body hasn't changed in that regard...

If you like squats do them they are a great exercise for training hammies, quads, back and ABS, if you want to break it down train leg press, leg curl or sldl, rows and crunches to directly target each muscle individually.

I thnk 99% of the too injured to squat brigade is just people who give up on them cause they are hard work and it is a convenient excuse. People who are genuinely too banged to squat (like bazza) are far and few

Lmao...u think u know everybodys situation? Some people are just pussys and weak ****s. There are alot of people who are generaly injured..I for one dont give two fucks what brigade u put me in...I know my quads are fucking crazy.

I also know I can actualy get them even bigger with out squats. The u must squat crap junk talk is a typical sterio type garbage talk of small dick internet trolls.

I dont know how squating transfers into real life situation where u put a heavy object on your shoulders or heavy weights on your back and squat from a height where u actualy get under it a comfortable heigh...the dealift actually has more real life simerlaritys than squatting

Deadlift is king it shits all over squating.

Either way I couldn't give a rats ass about your opinion on me going to hell for choosing not squat. Your moderater mate will prob delete this but who cares I couldnt give two fucks of the opinion of a so called forum expert.

Even lyle McDonald who I belive has a million times more credentials than you says the opposite. Do u know more than lyle?? No ?, I didn't think so!!

Don't ever reference Lyle Mcdonald for training purposes ever again. And in general this whole post came across as pretty stupid.

If you can but aren't squatting as part of your training you're generally doing yourself a disservice as they are one of the most beneficial exercises out there. It need not be a back squat, any of the forms will do, the back squat is just the most easily loadable. Squat are not just for quads, squats are a lower body exercise, they work everything. Combine them with leg presses by all means, whatever.

what happened to the theory of a by product of getting strong is getting big so in order to get strong you need to squat and so on.

amyway i changed my routine to the full body ptc routine about 2 months ago and the more you progress the more taxing it is especially on the lower back. i've come to the same idea that i'm going to change it up and do other leg and back excercises and let the lower back recover. still full body routine but maybe do squats and deadlifts once or twice a week max. i also do cardio on my off days so maybe that has something to do with it.

Don't ever reference Lyle Mcdonald for training purposes ever again. And in general this whole post came across as pretty stupid.

If you can but aren't squatting as part of your training you're generally doing yourself a disservice as they are one of the most beneficial exercises out there. It need not be a back squat, any of the forms will do, the back squat is just the most easily loadable. Squat are not just for quads, squats are a lower body exercise, they work everything. Combine them with leg presses by all means, whatever.

I will reference who ever the fuck I want to reference.

what happened to the theory of a by product of getting strong is getting big so in order to get strong you need to squat and so on.

amyway i changed my routine to the full body ptc routine about 2 months ago and the more you progress the more taxing it is especially on the lower back. i've come to the same idea that i'm going to change it up and do other leg and back excercises and let the lower back recover. still full body routine but maybe do squats and deadlifts once or twice a week max. i also do cardio on my off days so maybe that has something to do with it.

Squats arnt gospel. .do whatever u want fuck what everyone slse thinks.

I've always viewed the function of the squat like the "engine" of the car. Grow that fucker to a big-block V8 and you have a vastly more powerful vehicle.

By all means, continue on with your leg presses & leg curls or whatever else... while you're driving your little 1.2L Hyundai hatch I'll be enjoying the power of my 510hp V8.

I've always viewed the function of the squat like the "engine" of the car. Grow that fucker to a big-block V8 and you have a vastly more powerful vehicle.

By all means, continue on with your leg presses & leg curls or whatever else... while you're driving your little 1.2L Hyundai hatch I'll be enjoying the power of my 510hp V8.

Why dont u show your v8 pee wee?