• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm Over Squats

I don't know why all the haters feel they need to too tell people how to work out!! Loll

Who gives a fuck and who's gunna listen n e way hahahaha

Last edited:
For the purpose of developing the quads;

Perform a set of fifty leg presses, Working to a point of utter fatigue.
Immediately perform a set of thirty rep's on the leg extension! Again, work until any amount of movement Is literally impossible.
Then your squats Immediately after the set of thigh extensions While the quads are almost totally Pre-exhausted By the extensions and leg presses.

At the time you start your squats your quads are already very tired! But the buttock muscles are only just warmed up And the lower back muscles are stil fresh and Strong.

Normally a point of exhaustion are reached in squats when the lower back muscles Are unable to continue Long before the quads are Worked as hard as they should be.

If such a routine is followed, Then it would not be possible to use as much weight In the squats As you normally would.

But it isn't necessary to use So much weight As long as the muscles required to move as much weight As they are capable of handling "at that moment" Then that is all that is required.

It's a great idea to have all the equipment set up prior to starting and most important to not stop between exercises as the quads recover very quickly.

I use to do pre exhaust almost identical to this. But yes u have to go light on squats coz your toasted by the time u get to them. Id love to squat again but the knee aint up to it. Barbell hacks feel good on the knee and I always include them. Machine hacks are a no no.the hammer strengh squat shrug feels like a trap bar but allows a real deep squat and allows constant tension. I prefer it over dumbbell squat as it allows u to load up on heavy weight and not worry about the dumbbells hitting your legs.

Squats are great i never would have built allover mass n strengh with out them. Ill miss them . but there plenty of alternatives

Depends what time u train . I train before work so I get a good run with the the equipment tbh, except tbe dumbells who ever trains at a nite runs a hurricane through it. The problem is that bad that the gym is hireing a weight collector rather then just suspend or cancel memberships. To me it gives them a green lite to be lazy fucks it says be a lazy **** and take no responsibility.

Depends what time u train . I train before work so I get a good run with the the equipment tbh, except tbe dumbells who ever trains at a nite runs a hurricane through it. The problem is that bad that the gym is hireing a weight collector rather then just suspend or cancel memberships. To me it gives them a green lite to be lazy fucks it says be a lazy **** and take no responsibility.

It sure does! Some people are such lazy kents

ypuheqes.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2