• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm Over Squats

I normally dont like machines goose but I had to hit the gym at oeak hour the other day and I couldn't get a rack surprisingly. There was no one roughly my height I coukd comfabley jump in with. 45 leg presses kill my back. So there was a an upside down lleg press just sitting there. Though id warm up. 8 sets later n I was satisfied to drop squats. Upside down leg press is the cadilac of leg presses. Big foot plate as well its pro made not just a snith machine like the old days. It was like heaven for my knee

And eventually you'll totally fuck your lower back due to a completely inactive posterior chain.

Fix your squat.

I haven't squatted in a year and I am happy with my leg growth. Caused too many shoulder issues. I found leg press, hack squats and trap bar deads enough for me.

It's real easy to just say fix your shoulder. Sometimes not so easy to do in practice. I've been trying to fix my knees for over 5 years.

Often the best option can be just avoid the exercises that cause pain.

It's real easy to just say fix your shoulder. Sometimes not so easy to do in practice. I've been trying to fix my knees for over 5 years.

Often the best option can be just avoid the exercises that cause pain.

I had fucked shoulders. They're doing pretty good now.

It is a generalised response but in the majority of cases it rings true. Most people try to avoid the problem rather than fix it which is retarded. You might not be feeling the pain but you still have fucked shoulders...

I had fucked shoulders. They're doing pretty good now.

It is a generalised response but in the majority of cases it rings true. Most people try to avoid the problem rather than fix it which is retarded. You might not be feeling the pain but you still have fucked shoulders...

I've also got a fucked shoulder. Nothing but surgery is going to fix it. At the moment I would rather just avoid low bar squats and wide grip bench.

If I avoid them my shoulder is still fucked but it doesn't really hurt anymore so it doesn't really matter.

I'm not getting bloody surgery just to eventually be able to low bar squat or wide bench. So I'm just happy to avoid them.

Basically my point is that some injuries are not easy to fix.

I've also got a fucked shoulder. Nothing but surgery is going to fix it. At the moment I would rather just avoid low bar squats and wide grip bench.

If I avoid them my shoulder is still fucked but it doesn't really hurt anymore so it doesn't really matter.

I'm not getting bloody surgery just to eventually be able to low bar squat or wide bench. So I'm just happy to avoid them.

Basically my point is that some injuries are not easy to fix.

And as I said, its a generalised response. Yours is obviously not a general case if you need surgery. If it just needs some better mobility or some strengthening then you should fix that.

And as I said, its a generalised response. Yours is obviously not a general case if you need surgery. If it just needs some better mobility or some strengthening then you should fix that.

I've been addressing these issues. I've just been avoiding anything that causes pain. I don't do bench either. Besides for bodybuilding, no single exercise is really necessary or needed...

I've been addressing these issues. I've just been avoiding anything that causes pain. I don't do bench either.

Thanks for clarification. That's the smart way of doing things.

Besides for bodybuilding, no single exercise is really necessary or needed...

Lol. Bodybuilding. Been on a stage yet? :rolleyes:

No single exercise is necessary but there are a few that are pretty fucking indispensible.

Early on I had lotsa shoulder issues using low bar squats....

Improved my mobility plus lotsa squats and its no longer a problem....

Not saying that would fix others problems...but I had to work very hard to get where I an now and my squat is less then admirable...

Lol. Bodybuilding. Been on a stage yet? :rolleyes:
Yeah, bodybuilding: building the body.

Bodybuilding | Define Bodybuilding at Dictionary.com

No single exercise is necessary but there are a few that are pretty fucking indispensible.
Sure, lemme guess - squat, bench press, deadlift. :rolleyes:

There are different paths. Each requires a different perspective. Your perspective might not match up very well with the bodybuilding path. This happens a lot on the interwebs...

edit: I seem to recall the OP arguing with me about something like this only a little while ago. He was saying that machines just can't cut it, etc. Ironic, certainly. :)

Yeah, bodybuilding: building the body.

Bodybuilding | Define Bodybuilding at Dictionary.com

Sure, lemme guess - squat, bench press, deadlift. :rolleyes:

There are different paths. Each requires a different perspective. Your perspective might not match up very well with the bodybuilding path. This happens a lot on the interwebs...

I "bodybuilt" before I powerlifted so don't think that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Different perspectives yes, but the general rules are pretty similar.

If you squat with no hands like that guy in the video, you've got less chance of getting sore shoulders right?

I don't see how they are generally similar, you probably train with:

- higher frequency
- less volume
- less reps
- way more rest
- more straps, chalk, dust, powder
- little to no interest in being lean
- less exercise variety generally