• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to reach super low bodyfat levels

who cares what my experience is in regards to fat loss.... im talking about a general thing here, hydration. its a no brainer that you need liquids in the morning considering the average person looses about 2 liters of water in their sleep... all im pointing out is that coffee dehydrates the system more so.... congratulations if this diet has worked for you man, but honestly open your eyes and see the rest of the world....

My diet is based on personal experience and research to create an outcome being a very low bodyfat level and i think i did alright with it.

My outcome here is to show people if they are interested in doing bodybuilding competitions or getting there bodyfat level down over summer or another similar event that this is a plan on how to achieve it.

I love the sport of bodybuilding and i have a genuine interest in helping people with similar interests, so i'm sorry if you disagree with me.

If you have pictures of yourself showing you have had a lower bodyfat level than me then i'd like to see them Jman? So can you provide some pictures for the listeners? Or maybe you should step onstage with myself perhaps?

The diet i have provided is for extreme fat loss as it works and works very well, it's purely followed the thread title "how to reach super low bodyfat levels".

And I do not doubt its short-term success for a second Damien. I'd be silly to do so when hardcore ripped to shreds bodybuilders abound.

Fadi.

If you have pictures of yourself showing you have had a lower bodyfat level than me then i'd like to see them Jman? So can you provide some pictures for the listeners? Or maybe you should step onstage with myself perhaps?

Lol ok mate, step off your high horse for a second now, not once have i stated im even a body builder... i lift for strength... im not here to prove myself to anyone, not even yourself. im here to discuss topics with people. now as you did in an earlier post of Fadi's about a diet in which you disagreed with his eggs..... I meerly asked you to post scientific backing, instead you wanted to show pictures of yourself.... This time around i was meerly stating that the caffiene, lack of hydration is probably not the best thing for the human body coupled with exercise first thing in the morning... i totally understand that this is intended as a cutting cycle, i meerly stated in the long term its probably not the best option... second of all why is it that each and every time you do not like to discuss things with me, instead you rather have a picture show down of some sort... im going to leave it at that..

Jeremy.

Glucagon Fadi i do appologise.

Jacob Wilson, BSc. (Hons), MSc. CSCS

states "Glucagon is the exact opposite of insulin. The latter is a storage hormone, while the
former is an un storage hormone. Glucagon steals fatty acids away from your fat
stores and instead readies them to be burned as energy. This hormone also
stimulates the process which releases fat that has already been stored( most likely
during your bulk!). In other words, Glucagon promotes fat burning! ( As a side
note, they are both produced in the pancreas )".

I respect Jacob, but Jacob would also tell you that glucagon is a catabolic hormone Damien, that is it will munch on your muscles to provide your body with energy at times of hunger, plain and simple really.

As a bodybuilder going for a comp, I'd never want to go hungry and risk a rise in glucagon, not if I can help it that is. You see Damien, glucagon is insulin's antagonist. Now we both know that insulin is king when it comes to anabolism, yes even gaining fat is anabolic. The master bodybuilder is the one who can manipulate this double edged sword of a hormone (insulin) to have it work for them and not against them.

Now whenever your blood sugar (glucose) levels are low, glucagon is released (the opposite to insulin if you notice). Now you and n00bs have earlier on mentioned the word gluconeogenesis, which is the conversion of amino acids into glucose (for energy due to the low blood sugar). That to me spells CATABOLISM OR MUSCLE MUNCHING!

I've never said that glucogen does not increase the break down of fat, but as you can see, I'm being fair here by giving everyone access to the whole picture without selectively choosing the good and leaving the bad out.

Take care.

PS: Damien, I'm not one to agree or disagree just for the fun of it. I'm here to help and nothing more really. I've got nothing against you in the least and I still wish you all the very best and hope you really smash the competition.

Fadi.

I'm a bit pissed off that derka keeps getting attacked for his dieting methods.

I dont think its perfect myself, but derka hasnt left us under any impression that its a long term eating plan. hes merely showing insight into the type of diets competitive bodybuilders use.

The nutrition section can be very limited - theres a lot of stuff on organic foods and bulking up old school style ('gomad') but theres nothing on eating for competitive physiques, something I and I'd say many other on this forum are very interested in.

I worry that derka will stop posting, and that other guys at his level will see threads like this where they get flamed for proposing low carb type diets like this one and avoid the forum.

And caffeine of a morning being bad for you? explains the piles of dead bodies i see on the street every morning hey.

Last edited:
I'm a bit pissed off that derka keeps getting attacked for his dieting methods.

I dont think its perfect myself, but derka hasnt left us under any impression that its a long term eating plan. hes merely showing insight into the type of diets competitive bodybuilders use.

The nutrition section can be very limited - theres a lot of stuff on organic foods and bulking up old school style ('gomad') but theres nothing on eating for competitive physiques, something I and I'd say many other on this forum are very interested in.

I worry that derka will stop posting, and that other guys at his level will see threads like this where they get flamed for proposing low carb type diets like this one and avoid the forum.

And caffeine of a morning being bad for you? explains the piles of dead bodies i see on the street every morning hey.

Actually they are everywhere... What is this mentality of it wont kill us so its ok. **** im going to krispy kreams tomorrow to demolish 12 custard filled donuts im not going to die so its ok. For the record im not attacking anyone.

Last edited:
Actually they are everywhere... What is this mentality of it wont kill us so its ok. **** im going to krispy kreams tomorrow to demolish 12 custard filled donuts im not going to die so its ok.

You do realise that humans have been getting most of their fluid intake from beer for far longer than theyve been drinking fresh water don't you? Human beings are far more resilient machines than you give credit for.

Eating healthy 100% of the time is boring and is something that a lot of people are not interested in.

Eating a bodybuilding diet (high protein without organic foods *gasp*) is a huge step up from the type of diets most people eat or the RDA puts out. It should be respected as a healthy choice unto itself. Do you not bench because it could cause shoulder injury long term?

Not everyone has the same goals you do - some of us just want to look great and perform well whilst maintaining an above average level of health.

You do realise that humans have been getting most of their fluid intake from beer for far longer than theyve been drinking fresh water don't you? Human beings are far more resilient machines than you give credit for.

Eating healthy 100% of the time is boring and is something that a lot of people are not interested in.

Eating a bodybuilding diet (high protein without organic foods *gasp*) is a huge step up from the type of diets most people eat or the RDA puts out. It should be respected as a healthy choice unto itself. Do you not bench because it could cause shoulder injury long term?

Not everyone has the same goals you do - some of us just want to look great and perform well whilst maintaining an above average level of health.

So form that logic the person who eats maccas only for dinner is better then the person who eats it 3 times a day so its ok...

Because people do not care about themselves does that make it right and because some of us care all of a sudden because it infringes on your lifestyle that we are all just crazy over the top hippies?

Rate of cancer in 1900 was 1 in 50 now it is 1 in 2... You tell me what has changed within 110 years... Could it be the food?!?!? No not possible...

Lets replace caffeine with ginseng and meet at a happy medium! :D

Last edited:
Noobs give the poor straw man a rest.

Nobody was talking about eating mcdonalds '3 times a day'.You can be very healthy without looking at calories, fluid intake, macro or vitimin/mineral intake. Bodybuilding does all those things, not only that but it places an enormous emphasis on clean eating, which I'd argue is just as healthy if not healthier than the 'gomad' crap that gets pushed on here.

You're the one who started attacking derka from the get go because he's interested in competitive physiques. Is it fair that his strategies get attacked because theyre not 100% optimal?

I want to hear both voices.

btw - most medical practitioners would be abhorred by your views on diet causing/curing cancer.

Last edited:
I was using mcodnalds as an example because you wanted to see the bodies of caffeine.. Go look for the info yourself because you dont believe me.

Is it perhaps that i have found things that would make the average human being crigne and try to share them with people that people get upset about it... But that interferes with 'modern life' and what we want to do so people continue on their ignorant way...

If he was to drink a pint a day and still loose weight would we be advocating that?

No one is attacking anyone we are having an educated debate.

If he was to drink a pint a day and still loose weight would we be advocating that?

No one is attacking anyone we are having an educated debate.

He hasnt mentioned anything near having a pint a day. He has a coffee of a morning. Are they the same?

High protein diets like this one (Id argue that carbs are better cycled) seem to work extremely well for people who want to drop below 10% bodyfat.

If you wanted to have a lower amount of protein and up the carbs you'd have to drop the calories significantly which would slow down the metabolism.

I'm no diet guru but strategies similar to his have worked for a lot of people. If you dont believe me check out IA's forum.

He hasnt mentioned anything near having a pint a day. He has a coffee of a morning. Are they the same?

High protein diets like this one (Id argue that carbs are better cycled) seem to work extremely well for people who want to drop below 10% bodyfat.

If you wanted to have a lower amount of protein and up the carbs you'd have to drop the calories significantly which would slow down the metabolism.

I'm no diet guru but strategies similar to his have worked for a lot of people. If you dont believe me check out IA's forum.

That was sarcasm...

I never said anything about low carb diets? Personally i eat natural unrefined foods so you could say that is low carb because it is all cabrs based on fruit and vegetables..

Anyway back to the debate..

I have a bad calorie meal on saturday when competing to increase the calories to "reset" any drop in thyroid levels that may have occurred from dieting for extended periods.

Good so can it be treated like this. It seems like bodybuilders get ill treated here

Nothing of the sort mate. in all honesty im not sure how things got out of hand and im kinda sorry that they did, ive never once had a dig at your actual goals and achievements, or how you got there.. if you recall i applauded your acheivements... all i stated was the possible implications for a longer term use of this, should someone stumble upon this and decide to try and implement it for more than 12 weeks i would not know the outcome but i dont feel it would be very healthy... other than that the last time we had a minor implication was when you commented on something else, i asked for more information and never really got some...
im quite an easy going person but for someone to call me out like that as if to say my opinion is not welcome because i dont pose in body building competitions makes me feel excluded.... please do not feel as if bodybuilders get ill treated on this forum, they are not. only those who are set in their ways and cannot accept others question and answers... thank you

Wow you go to sleep for eight hours and miss all the action. I agree with Oliver somewhat in the whole fact that this forum lacks cutting diets, lacks bodybuilders and lacks the ability to do something unhealthy for 12 weeks without critisism. Bodybuilding go one extreme to the next and it has been that way for it's entire history. It's a competition sport where it is constantly stated that they put their health on the line for results, steroids, extreme diets, monkeys brain juice :) it's all there. Damien has shown his results and should be proud of what he has accomplished. Having said all that I without a doubt would never disregard anything Fadi says because he really is here to help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is this healthy in the long term? No. Is being at 3-5% body fat healthy? No. Is derka advocating this for health? No. Does he advocate this for long term use? No. There is some good advice here for anyone who wants to get down into super low levels, if you are not below 10% already then do not use a diet like this, it's not needed yet.

Fadi's argument is a good one though, if I were a body builder and I was NOT preparing for a comp I would be steering clear of exercising in the morning without food as I would want to be as anabolic as possible. But when getting to such low body fat levels you indeed have to be catabolic and sacrifice some muscle mass over the cutting period. Would I use caffeine when preparing for a comp? Yes. Why? Because I would need it to perform, low calories means low energy and caffeine would help me through my workouts. Once again this is not a health diet so all these arguments that it is unhealthy are true but irrelevant. Fadi made the point well so people will see it, so less arguing and more contributing to the thread would be awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
+1 Dave

Ideal aussbb website:

Sticky: Cutting diet
Sticky: Bulking diet
Sticky: Optimal health cutting diet
Sticky: Optimal health bulking diet
Sticky: Man gets hit in groin with football

I and many others who visit this forum i am sure are interested the perspectives of a competitive bodybuilder as i am with regards to the training side of any sport be it power lifting, footy, strongman etc.

So keep putting forth your knowledge based on experience in competitive body building derkaderka as i am yet to see anyone who has accomplished as low body fat levels as yourself put forward a better diet option.