• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to reach super low bodyfat levels

hey derka, been keeping an eye on this thread, welcome mate.

Im curious what is your opinion on HIIT training,

say slotting it into similair timeslots as you do, instead of your flat 45min walk, i noticed you mention as for bodybuilding you wouldnt advise any faster than a certain pace.

Ive been doing HIIT 3x per week say mon,wed,fri, (consisting of either, 5 min walk warmup, 10x 10 sec sprints with 50 sec walk in between each set, 5 min cooldown/ also switch to around 50 burpees in groups of 10 with 40 sec break in between, 5 min walk warmup + cooldown)

from what ive read just to basically keep the metabolism up.

but is this going to really hinder my gains longterm,

im running around 3000cals a day 92kg 14% bf.

Have been for some time, had gains but ive plateaued out now,

I really only want to get bf down to say 12% max and gain as much as possible, dream to reach 100, but cant see it happening naturally. Been training around 5 years, 3+ years seriously lift 5 day p/w.

what would you advise?

just trying to pick your brain

appreciate any advice mate.

Hey

What are your lifts like?

squat bench dead press?

This is what i have never understood fadi, You have an empty stomach after fasting and cortisol is at top of the range.. Some people are actually way over range through the morning. Yet this is when they exercise hoping to loose fat and retain muscle?

Testosterone does reduce cortisol, so i can understand body builders on juice having alot lower cortisol levels and alot high anabolic levels of tetsosterone so this not being a problem for them..

But for the normal person this spells disaster... Not to mention the other negative effects of caffeine.

Your points are all valid n00bs. I've said it before and may be it's about time I say it again; steroid bodybuilding and natural bodybuilding are two different and distinct sports. All the nutrition advice one gives might as well fly right out the window if that advice is based on a steroid taking bodybuilder when the receiver is a natural one.

To make matters worse, I only reserved myself to mentioning the catabolic hormone cortisol and left out its brother glucagon out for now, which as you know is at its highest concentration when we are hungry (early in the morning again). Insulin takes care of both in one hit.

My advice would be to take in a small amount of juice in the morning without any fear that it (with all its fructose content) would turn to fat because it won't...not when your liver is low on it in the early hours of the morning. After all, it's the fat that you burn after exercising that I'd be interested in and not fat burned during exercise. There's more to it but I'll leave it here for now.

Fadi.

Your points are all valid n00bs. I've said it before and may be it's about time I say it again; steroid bodybuilding and natural bodybuilding are two different and distinct sports. All the nutrition advice one gives might as well fly right out the window if that advice is based on a steroid taking bodybuilder when the receiver is a natural one.

To make matters worse, I only reserved myself to mentioning the catabolic hormone cortisol and left out its brother glucagon out for now, which as you know is at its highest concentration when we are hungry (early in the morning again). Insulin takes care of both in one hit.

My advice would be to take in a small amount of juice in the morning without any fear that it (with all its fructose content) would turn to fat because it won't...not when your liver is low on it in the early hours of the morning. After all, it's the fat that you burn after exercising that I'd be interested in and not fat burned during exercise. There's more to it but I'll leave it here for now.

Fadi.

Do you actually know what Glucogon does Fadi? "Glucagon mobilizes the release of stored body fat from the adipose tissue directly into the bloodstream, allowing your muscles to burn fat instead of glucose for energy."
Glucogen is a good thing for fat loss. Also insulin DOES NOT want to be present in the bloodstream having juice prior to the cardio in the morning is a big BIG NO NO!

Do you actually know what Glucogon does Fadi? "Glucagon mobilizes the release of stored body fat from the adipose tissue directly into the bloodstream, allowing your muscles to burn fat instead of glucose for energy."
Glucogen is a good thing for fat loss. Also insulin DOES NOT want to be present in the bloodstream having juice prior to the cardio in the morning is a big BIG NO NO!

"Glucagon activates hepatic gluconeogenesis. Gluconeogenesis is the pathway by which non-hexose substrates such as amino acids are converted to glucose. As such, it provides another source of glucose for blood. Glucagon also appears to have a minor effect of enhancing lipolysis of triglyceride in adipose tissue, which could be viewed as an addition means of conserving blood glucose by providing fatty acid fuel to most cells. "

"Glucagon activates hepatic gluconeogenesis. Gluconeogenesis is the pathway by which non-hexose substrates such as amino acids are converted to glucose. As such, it provides another source of glucose for blood. Glucagon also appears to have a minor effect of enhancing lipolysis of triglyceride in adipose tissue, which could be viewed as an addition means of conserving blood glucose by providing fatty acid fuel to most cells. "

providing fat loss exactly noobs

Minor usually means exactly that minor... So you are covnerting amino acids to glucose. Since you havenot eaten anything where are these amino acids coming from.. You have to look at the bigger picture here.. All this for minor lipolysis..

It would make more sense to eat a cleaner diet and lift heavier shit to increase basic metabolic funciton in order to loose body fat...

Its like saying valium calms me down and reduces anxiety so im going to have it everyday with out looking at the effects that would have on you, you always need to look at the bigger picture and not single details..

Gluconeogenisis is protein being converting into carbs (muscle breakdown) for fuel for the body. Simplified for people here.

Minor usually means exactly that minor... So you are covnerting amino acids to glucose. Since you havenot eaten anything where are these amino acids coming from.. You have to look at the bigger picture here.. All this for minor lipolysis..

It would make more sense to eat a cleaner diet and lift heavier shit to increase basic metabolic funciton in order to loose body fat...

Its like saying valium calms me down and reduces anxiety so im going to have it everyday with out looking at the effects that would have on you, you always need to look at the bigger picture and not single details..

Well that's as arbitary as the cortisol argument. All these things and functions in the body relate to a certain result which we choose to obtain. Some go one way some go another. I find that my routine worked very well and i achieved what i was after which was ridding my body of the bodyfat as much as i could

i hope the big picture notes something about the fact that the coffe dehydrates the system further... and after fasting for so long its probably not the best thing to be drinking...

This type of diet is short term and not designed to be an optimal health diet. I wouldn't drink the coffee personally but surley 8 weeks of one a day wouldn't destroy you.

Damien what are your thoughts on rowing instead of walking? I mean as long as the heart rate doesn't exceed what you mentioned wouldn't it also be ok?
Posted via Mobile Device

i hope the big picture notes something about the fact that the coffe dehydrates the system further... and after fasting for so long its probably not the best thing to be drinking...

A little bit of caffeine in the morning is not going to hurt anybody and is going to accelerate fat loss, stating that shows a lack of experience in regards to a fat loss diet

Just stating glycogen is a good thing that's all mate.

I hope you've got your spelling right Damien. Are you sure of the above because here I agree with you, however if you decide to change your spelling form glycogen to glucagon, then I would have to politely disagree Sir.

Fadi.

A little bit of caffeine in the morning is not going to hurt anybody and is going to accelerate fat loss, stating that shows a lack of experience in regards to a fat loss diet

who cares what my experience is in regards to fat loss.... im talking about a general thing here, hydration. its a no brainer that you need liquids in the morning considering the average person looses about 2 liters of water in their sleep... all im pointing out is that coffee dehydrates the system more so.... congratulations if this diet has worked for you man, but honestly open your eyes and see the rest of the world....

1. It’s a catch 22 here Damien; if a little bit of caffeine in the morning is not going to hurt anybody, then that little bit of caffeine is not going to do much in the way of fat loss either.

2. Jman has displayed enough experience to know the difference between a fat loss diet and a bodybuilding cutting diet, which not even bodybuilders look forward to; why? Because it's not a sustainable way of eating and as Gaucheharbor summed it up in his previous post, this way of eating is very short term and it would certainly be misleading if you or any other bodybuilder began to promote it as anything but a short term fat loss diet that is only designed to serve a particular purpose and nothing more.

Health? Well, that's another issue altogether and I thank God it's only a short term diet otherwise we'll have nothing but disasters on our hands. So in a nutshell, a bodybuilding cutting diet is nothing to be proud of as far as health and well-being are concerned. To me it’s the flip side of extreme steroid abuse!

Fadi.

I hope you've got your spelling right Damien. Are you sure of the above because here I agree with you, however if you decide to change your spelling form glycogen to glucagon, then I would have to politely disagree Sir.

Fadi.

Glucagon Fadi i do appologise.

Jacob Wilson, BSc. (Hons), MSc. CSCS

states "Glucagon is the exact opposite of insulin. The latter is a storage hormone, while the
former is an un storage hormone. Glucagon steals fatty acids away from your fat
stores and instead readies them to be burned as energy. This hormone also
stimulates the process which releases fat that has already been stored( most likely
during your bulk!). In other words, Glucagon promotes fat burning! ( As a side
note, they are both produced in the pancreas )".

1. It’s a catch 22 here Damien; if a little bit of caffeine in the morning is not going to hurt anybody, then that little bit of caffeine is not going to do much in the way of fat loss either.

2. Jman has displayed enough experience to know the difference between a fat loss diet and a bodybuilding cutting diet, which not even bodybuilders look forward to; why? Because it's not a sustainable way of eating and as Gaucheharbor summed it up in his previous post, this way of eating is very short term and it would certainly be misleading if you or any other bodybuilder began to promote it as anything but a short term fat loss diet that is only designed to serve a particular purpose and nothing more.

Health? Well, that's another issue altogether and I thank God it's only a short term diet otherwise we'll have nothing but disasters on our hands. So in a nutshell, a bodybuilding cutting diet is nothing to be proud of as far as health and well-being are concerned. To me it’s the flip side of extreme steroid abuse!

Fadi.

The diet i have provided is for extreme fat loss as it works and works very well, it's purely followed the thread title "how to reach super low bodyfat levels".