• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
For those that dont know, here are Simons best lifts at the Vics this year, Junior 82.5kg class

Squat 235kg
Bench 140kg
Dead 265kg
Total 640kg

Here are the WR in his class

Squat 355.5kg
Bench 255kg
Dead 347.5kg
Total 915kg

Simon is an exceptional lifetime drug free lifter, look at the difference.

These records are off the IPF website.

The only guys who can match 915kg in Oz are Adam Pinkard & Steve Pritchard, they are not juniors and weigh 125kg +

I honestly see these numbers as about right in regards to the difference between them - On a world stage that is what you should expect.

Simon's a good guy, but the fact is he is too tall at 5.10" to be a successfull 82.5kg lifter.
It's hard to find the heights of the russians, but check the stats of 82.5kg lifters here:
Athlete Bio

Most of the top 82.5kg lifters are 5.7 or below. The tallest in the top 10 I could find is 5ft8

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah- I'm 5'10 and when I went to the 2007 IPF worlds I was the tallest guy in the 110 class.
Australia isn't up with the top lifters on the world stage yet.
For my weight class, I'm about 80kg behind the top squat, 45kg behind the top bench and 90kg behind the top deadlift- over a 100kg behind the top total. Thats world records. It just means I am way behind in best of the best in each lift. But as far as winning medals is concerned I'm more like 30kg off the money in squat- right in contention for bench and 40-50kg off the money for deadlift- for total over a 100kg. I know top IPF guys who are right up there drug free. A friend won the 2007 IPF open worlds and he is drug free.

Last edited:
The way I see it, the differences between me and the Russians are:

age- i'm 20, juniors is up to 23
experience- I haven't been training long enough yet, got till 2013 though
height- as Paul said they are alot shorter , a guy my height would simply be forced to gain weight over there. I on the otherhand will compete in whatever class I want.
drugs- Nuff said
equipment carryover- might explain why our deadlift numbers are closer than squat and bench
genetics- I may not be as gifted as the world champ, who knows!

Last edited:
Simon is as explosive a lifter as I have seen at PTC.

Drugs? No drugs in the IPF Simon, its tested.

I know there is a difference between drug-free and drug-tested, but- as I said I know there are guys at the top level in the IPF who are drug free. There are definitely cheats- they sometimes get caught- and some countries seem more suspect than others- but I also know that there are guys winning the worlds who are clean.

No question big fella, innocent until proven guilty.

Some other PA members should memorize that quote lol

lol.....I laugh at my self everyday.

I'm not anti PA, but there are guys, from every federation, that stand there morale ground, but they reek of hypocrisy.

I'm not a wallflower, I'll speak my mind.

Paul, who I actually quite like, tried to paint everyone that lifts at CAPO as drug users. He'll try and wriggle out of that one, but he did.

I know he really doesnt mean that, but it was a silly call.

Now we have PA lifters saying that there are drugs in IPF.

Hypocricy much.

there was getting to be a bit too much agreement on this forum, it's more interesting when we bait each other a bit. Hey PTC are you going to be at PA nationals? Be good to meet you in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do think I will go. I'd love to watch Shorty and Simon lift, plus big Nathan and you guys.

I'm going to the bank tomorrow to get a second mortgage so I can go both days.

I would like you guys to put your names up with your sigs, just some of you big guys who we dont know who you are.

I dont want to call Spritcha, Spritcha, God I hope thats not his name and I've offended him, he's huge lol

Total strength, thats not cool picking on Paullies lifts, he's a novice, post up your lifts so the strong guys can have a giggle

You too were once a novice, how quickly we forget.

Last edited:
Damn, I didnt know Mr Pritchard was on here. One of the strongest men in Australia, if not THE strongest.

Glad I've never been rude to you lol

I know Daniel is tiny, so I can keep stirring him