• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many people do you think take steriods(in Australia)?

Oh im sure you do..

You should look at the risk associated and caused by low tetsosterone its actually worse then high testosterone....

While i take "steroids" they are in no way shapre or form contributing to crazy athletic performance as they are inside normal human physiological boundaries...

I think the quesiton becomes is superhuman levels of anabolichormones/precurssors a problem?

Steroids are a dirty word and hardly anyone even knows what a steroid is...

Does it then become the steroid is the problem?? If you look at people using them they are generally found to have some sort of obsessive nature.. They could as easily be alcoholics as they are anabolic steroid abusers. So what came first the chcicken or the egg.. Did the steroids cause them to become 'addicted' or did their perosnality allow them to be controled by an unfullfilled want and desire?

You cant measure these variables

oral steroids are only generally used to kick start a cycle where it leads to oil based gear. No more than 2 weeks max. generaly u can eleviate this with the use of alphaloic acids and liver tablets 2-3 weeks before the cycle to strengthen it. Oral gear will always be inferior to oils based gear in the long run.

Only stupid thing once again is education about its use.
I have seen people take oral gear and go out drinking then come home with their livers feeling like somebody putting pins in it (liver) OR not having their liver checked out before the cycle with a GP. Then gives it a bad name in general.

Superdrol is an oral steroid yeah?

Superdrol is a brand name.
The active ingredient is Methasterone and it is a steroid not a pro-hormone as most would think

Steroids are a dirty word because people
use them to cheat in sporting events that are supposed to be drug free. It's not so dirty when they are accepted. Since the modern world revolves around sport steroids are considered evil and will forever considered that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gareer I agree with you completely... However it does seem you watched the same documentary as I did because everything you said in those first few paragraphs was copy and paste or close too. The problem as Dave mentioned was the psychological dependence on these. Did you notice that when his brother promised his wife he was coming off the gear how happy she was? Then when he was asked at the power lift comp he said he was just going to do it secretly as he didn't want to go back to benching 600 pounds? That to mean is a serious problem.

I just want everyone to realise that Steroids are simply hormones made form sterols (cholesterol)..

Examples of synthetic "steroids"

Glucocorticoids: prednisone, dexamethasone, triamcinolone
Mineralocorticoid: fludrocortisone
Vitamin D: dihydrotachysterol
Androgens: oxandrolone, nandrolone (also known as anabolic steroids)
Estrogens: diethylstilbestrol (DES)
Progestins: norethindrone, medroxyprogesterone acetate

Dont supplement vitamin d your using steroids :p

Examples of natural steroids.

Glucocorticoids (e.g., cortisol)steroidsAdrenal cortexMineralocorticoids (e.g., aldosterone)
Progesterone <--- The pill
Oestrogen,Estradiol <--- HRT for women
Androgens <-- trt for men
Gluccocortico (cortisol)
Mineralocortico (aldesterone)
Vitmain D again

Androgen or anabolic steroids are the "evil ones"

Last edited:
Gauche I completely agree with you, yeh I did watch a doco and got alot of my information from there, supplemented with my own research after. And yeh he is a case of secret use because he could be 'addictded'. But once
that's a slightly myopic view considering there could be plenty of people who have used steroids and then gone off it. And the sheer fact that so many people are addicted to so many things I don't think it's fair for the media
to single out steroids.

Gareer
Posted via Mobile Device

Gauche I completely agree with you, yeh I did watch a doco and got alot of my information from there, supplemented with my own research after. And yeh he is a case of secret use because he could be 'addictded'. But once
that's a slightly myopic view considering there could be plenty of people who have used steroids and then gone off it. And the sheer fact that so many people are addicted to so many things I don't think it's fair for the media
to single out steroids.

Gareer
Posted via Mobile Device

Caffeine for example? Its worse for you then testosterone lol...

There is a clear line between use and abuse in regards to anabolic hormones. Alot of people need them to survive normally..

Personally Im all for it's legalization. The problem with that would be more people would be tempted by it's use. The more people using the more people there are abusing. I plan to take steroids soon and I know where my limits are and what my goals are. If everyone could do the same I'm sure we would have much better chance of it being legal.

Having said that the government could control it and tax it. Having gp administer your weekly dose. At least that would keep users safer from abuse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jump up and down,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gaucheharbour your 22 ??? And your an idiot if you take steroids.

Take your lazy ass down the gym and get under a bar,and eat.

Ive seen it first hand and i promise you, your heading down the wrong path.

Take steroids and get yor bench press to 200kgs, then guess wot? when it takes you 3 months to get to 220kgs ,,,,,your do it again.

Steroids have there place in this world ,and thats when prescribed by a proffessional.

Its hard work getting strong. But its the journey thats the best part.

Theres a guy at my gym he use's and we all know, NONE OF US HAVE RESPECT FOR HIM.

I cant believe this thread is so long and why its even here?

Im also amazed by the amount of people trying to get apat on the back and a nod thats its 'ok' if you only do it once and 'properly'.

Jump up and down,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gaucheharbour your 22 ??? And your an idiot if you take steroids.

Take your lazy ass down the gym and get under a bar,and eat.

Ive seen it first hand and i promise you, your heading down the wrong path.

Take steroids and get yor bench press to 200kgs, then guess wot? when it takes you 3 months to get to 220kgs ,,,,,your do it again.

Steroids have there place in this world ,and thats when prescribed by a proffessional.

Its hard work getting strong. But its the journey thats the best part.

Theres a guy at my gym he use's and we all know, NONE OF US HAVE RESPECT FOR HIM.

I cant believe this thread is so long and why its even here?

Im also amazed by the amount of people trying to get apat on the back and a nod thats its 'ok' if you only do it once and 'properly'.

Everything has its place... No anabolic hormones are not wrong if used under professional supervision and in the right circumstances. You have already stated that..

Its as simple as that.. However an untrained 22 year old is not the right unless there are circumstances behind it.

Who said I'm untrained? Ok so I can't deadlift 200 fair enough but consdiering my long line of lower back muscle injuries maybe I have a good excuse. I have medical reasons the same/different as noobs for using them so don't judge me. Take a look at yourself instead accusing someone of being lazy who you don't even know. This thread is long because it needs to be long, so people can make the right decission. If steroids aren't being used to cheat in sport then your only cheating yourself... Not anyone else.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lower back/muscle injuries ????

I dont understand what you mean about this thread needs to be long so people can make the right decison???

If your about to use anabolic steriods/hormones because of an injury/ medical problem like how ''YOUR ''comparing to noobs, wouldnt that be your gp's decision?

Your absoultly correct and im sorry if ive missed judged you gache, but you did not say you had medical problems,if that is the case.

Your 22, I was representing the british olympic team for boxing, when you were 12, ive seen the affect steriods have on people only for the worst, and everyone of those guys THOUGHT they new wot they were doing.

If you are about to use steriods without medical prescription, your also correct ''YOUR ONLY CHEATING YOURSELF''

My gp is going to prescribe me hrt on my next blood test my results don't pick up. They won't pick up... So I ask the question if I was to use steroids and nit from a gp am I cheating myself or am I giving myself a chance to obtain what should have been in my grasp to start with.

I do build size quiet well but not enough for what my goals are.
Posted via Mobile Device

At 22 ,unless prescribed from your gp, I dont think you should be thinking about steriods.
At 20 i weighed around 65-69kg was super fit but couldnt lift s@#t!!!!

It took me 3 years to get to around 80ish kgs without uping my body fat too much , (around 12-15%).

Granted i wasted some time with supps and a crap workout plan, but id spent the 5 yrs pria to that training everyday most of the day my ethic was right.

Some guys look at a barbell and get big, some of us dont. If your problem is medical your gp will advise you, if its not, just keep on working hard , man your 22!!!!!

You say ""i do build size quite well but not enough for what my goals are""

This is my problem with steriods, your goals will get bigger , and thats usally were steriods become a problem, its like driving a v8 for 2 months and then going back to a 4cyclinder, your want to drive the v8 again, (from my experiance).

Keep doing "quite well" for longer if its not a medical problem diagnosed by your gp, or try something like changing diet, trainer or your workout.

Ultimatly your going to do what you thinks best, be carefull, and patient.

It is medical trust me and if I had a normal T I wouldn't consider it at this age. I know it's not the moral thing to do and nor is it the ausbb thing to do. I'm going to do my course and come off of it then start my hrt afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will be doing a cycle in 2012 I have decided (After 3 years of hard training), I wont be cheating anyone, I wont be competing in any powerlifting/bodybuilding comps, I will be doing it purely for looks.

It is medical trust me and if I had a normal T I wouldn't consider it at this age. I know it's not the moral thing to do and nor is it the ausbb thing to do. I'm going to do my course and come off of it then start my hrt afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

www.allthingsmale.com

Like with anything i say we cant stop people from making decisions only give them the best possible infomation and hope they make the right decision...

TRT issues and a cycle are totally different to the average joe. Its a whole different ball game as your HGPA will be shut down from trt anyway.. My LH is now 0 I soley rely on external testosterone. So there is no chance of side effects in regards to the hypothalamus having a fit and permenantly doing damaged because it is already ****ed... However was having the same thoughts as you but have decided not to use "a cycle" My body is healing and i am getting stronger every day with my now normal hormone levels... It also depends on your personality if you are prone to addiciton or have traits of anxiety/depression/ ocd then it is likley you will not be able to deal with " normality of normal hormone".

The feeling you get from normal T is awsome compared to low levels i wanted to put myhead through a wall. When you boost higher the feeling of strength dominance ect increases and this is mentally not physically addictive... The problem is you cant have high t levels constantly as receptors downregulate to suit the high serum levels of testosterone. In short you need more to get the desired feeling you were once chasing and this spells disaster no matter what your drug of choice.

I strongly urge you to look into everything you can regarding the matter and make an informed decision. I cant make it for you nor can anyone else but please dont make it blindly

-n00bs

How low do you need to be for HRT? I'm only just In the "normal" range.

I've got nothing against doing a cycle if you've been training for a while and have a good diet/program.
Posted via Mobile Device