• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many people do you think take steriods(in Australia)?

The problem with steroids is that seldom do users look to sound training, adequate sleep/rest and an excellent diet as their first resort. They start using, get results in spite of their contrary to good sense training habits and away they go.

Yep I hear about to many of these idiots all the time. They know nothing about training or how to eat and say I'm going on steroids, usually they haven't even trained for more than a month or two.
Posted via Mobile Device

Silverback, thank you for looking at both sides of the argument rather than deciding it is all out bad. I completely agree that there are people who believe anabolic steroids 'magically' make you superhuman and yes they will see results, but once again it's all about ignorance. Any substance misused can have negative side effects, take for instance Adderall which is misused by students and used to extremes. Used by someone who needs it for medical reasons (like medical patients who require steroids) the drug is completely fine, but when overused by someone who doesnt necessarily need it and is being lazy or is ignorant can have deleterious effects.

The question I tend to think is that, why should the people who wish to use a drug which has no harm outside of possibly personal if abused be illegalised. It's a simple matter for people who are ignorant or stupid enough to buy a gun or try and make a home made bomb and knock themselves out of existence, why shouldn't it be the same for anabolic steroids? It's the 21st century version of Darwinian Evolution, if your not fit enough to survive in our society/environment then your genes get knocked out. It's harsh but our evolutionary equaliser which has allowed us to flourish.

Gareer

Using steroids is often stated by the media and playing russian roulette with your health if you even just look at them which is simply not the case.

I've used for my comp preparation and also delved right into the research of them. I have many books on the subject written by endocrinologists and well researched individuals that provided studies on them showing the true results of what these substances can do and there side effects so i understand them.

I personally did it because of aesthetic reasons and my competitions AND i also moved from competing naturally in natural comps to competing unnaturally in unnatural comps.

At the end of the day i'm a good friend, look after my family while loving my passion for bodybuilding i just wanted to take it to another level and it's sad that some people can get judged from some people for this.

Thank you! Finally some people are beginning to do some research rather than just instantly saying steroids = bad. Used in conjunction with research and common sense, they can be a perfectly useful tool to what your trying to achieve in a healthy way.

Gareer

Thank you! Finally some people are beginning to do some research rather than just instantly saying steroids = bad. Used in conjunction with research and common sense, they can be a perfectly useful tool to what your trying to achieve in a healthy way.

Gareer

Useful, but also dangerous and risky if not handled properly.

Oral steroids are liver toxic.

Exactly n00bs, steroids are a blanket term thats why i suggested specificity earlier. For instance, anabolic steroids are the steroids bodybuilders and athletes are interested in for growth. And yes oral steroids can increase liver problems and can be toxic large doses, but once again, so are alot of other drugs, but they are still available.

Once again im not condoning steroid use, I just wanted to see a proper discussion about the risk vs benefits of steroids rather than blatant ignorance of the topic and thus shunning it.

Gareer

Oral steroids are liver toxic.

oral steroids are only generally used to kick start a cycle where it leads to oil based gear. No more than 2 weeks max. generaly u can eleviate this with the use of alphaloic acids and liver tablets 2-3 weeks before the cycle to strengthen it. Oral gear will always be inferior to oils based gear in the long run.

Only stupid thing once again is education about its use.
I have seen people take oral gear and go out drinking then come home with their livers feeling like somebody putting pins in it (liver) OR not having their liver checked out before the cycle with a GP. Then gives it a bad name in general.

Psychological addiction and subsequent abuse of steroids is a major problem associated with them. People do 1 cycle and then are hooked due to the gains they have received and go for another and another and another then you get the real issues.

Steroids are very dangerous, no doubt about it. But so is playing professional sport you can get seriously injured from it and have debilitating conditions for life. Its really your choice in the end but as usual most people do not use them properly due to being either an idiot or just not researching their usage enough.

Agreed that there are problems with lack of education about steroids, that's why I believe if steroid use was regulated rather than illegalised it could be controlled better. Dealers of steroids aren't going to work people through and educate them on the safe use of steroids because they don't care. If it became a doctor's prescription or something along those lines, proper steroid use could be encouraged and misinformed people would have a better chance.

Yes steroid addiction can be a problem, so is vicodin, so is morphine, like alot of other drugs people can get addicted. Take that ACA bull that was on a week or two ago, two ladies addicted to coke zero, it was ridiculous but it was still real. Everyone get's addictions, it can't be stopped. The only difference being, proper education before use could improve long term outcomes for people when they decide to use them on their own body.

Gareer

gareer.. another thing is once its legalised the benefits is u wont have people using out of date gear pulled from overdue sheeps bladders making em go sick because they contracted a virus. make it over the counter made from companies with proper sterlization and steroids wont also be in the news.!!

Good thread!! Not many at my local FF gym I'd reckon. Might be a handful but I'm one of the bigger guys there and I'm tiny so I reckon there's not too many...

I'm 40 now and had contemplated some sort of gear supplementation but for now am just sticking with my creatine. Might not get the same gains as roids but its legal and it works. That and a good eat/lift/sleep regimen should get me where I want to be in the near term at any rate.

Might consider it in the future though, not morally opposed.

Cheers,
Mike

Theres no way of telling how many ppl would be of steroids in Aus - there would be a fair amount - from what I have seen over the last prob 3-4 yrs (from working in gyms) is the amount of younger/teen guys using roids - pretty much 1. coz they are lazy 2. because they wanna look better - I reckon the ages between 17-23 there would be a huge use of steroids.

I have no problem with steroid use for people who are wanting to lift performance - but for people who are purely wanting to look better - whats the point???

The question if Steroids are safe or not - we will prob never fully know - do they have long term side effects - we will prob never know....there has not been any real tests done on long term steroid use and prob never will be - so we will never know.

When it comes down to it - its upto the person and no1 else to judge - they run the risks - whatever they may be and hopefully they know what they are doing to run them as safe as possible.

NO MATTER WOT STEROIDS ARE ILLEGAL,

Steroids are used alot in boxing ,mainly because of the time frame between fights.

There is no doubt the gains that can be made from steroid usage.

Ive never used, but wot ive seen first hand,there mentally addictive, not nessarilly dangerous if done properly.

Wot ive seen is use is started with all the knowledge,safty and good intentions to start with. But after the first cycle and then slower natural gains, steroids are used again, and then again and then more and then more frequently,,,so on and so on.

Steriods are addictive, if not chemically like chasing a high with any other drug, then mentally addictive,like gambling.

From my experiance of veiwing steriod use ask yourself the question ....you set a goal to deadlift 150kg, you hit it, then wot? you stop? NO you set a new goal even higher.

We started lifting to get stronger, maybe be the best at something or look the best, goals always move. Theres no such thing as just once or just one cycle because we constantly want to improve.

Thats why i beleive steroids are dangerous,and gareer you can have all the information and do steroids correctly but as humans were week ,greedy and competative, which leads to the abuse of steroids.