• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Homemade Preworkout Question

Puggy

Hey Guys,

I'm going down the road to making my own preworkout. The idea is to rely less on stimulants for energy. But to also increase the 'pump'.

So far, I am debating some stuff. And wanted some opinions.
I workout for around 2 hours, 4 times a week. Training Y3T.

I'll be using C4, mainly for the Pink Lemonade flavouring which is to die for.
I've added a good amount of creatine mono, post workout, as this is the most convenience time for me to take it.
Debating on the best pump material is causing me grief, their are quite a few choices, and I don't want to overdo the pump element.
I'm thinking this recipe is pretty solid. What do you think?

PS: I stumbled across Agmatine Sulphate which is a more retain able form of Arginine, I'm wondering if anyone has had success.
I'll be buying all my stuff from an Australian supplier, not far from where I live.

180mg Caffine in C4 = 80mg
5g Creatine Monohydrate
2.1g Acetyl Tyrosine in C4 = .1
2.75g Beta Alanine in C4 = .75
2g Citrulline Malate
5g BCAA
500mg Agmatine Sulphate
500mg Creatine Nitrate in C4
500mg Arginine in C4
15mg Niacinamide in C4

Thanks
Daniel

You're over thinking it Daniel..
Pump supps are crap. Take a pre workout for the stim benefit caffeine, AMP, DMAA if you have any and Beta Alanine.
Creatine can be taken anytime.
Arginine supps for pumps are a furfy.

Save your cash and eat something before hand that you can stomach and enjoy. If you need a stim have a can of coke.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I am just taking the creatine now because it saves me having another shake.
I'm trying not to over do it with the stims, I have some issues so I have to be careful.
Though it's a pity it hard to get hands on DMAA.
I'll keep working on it.

I always eat 200g Spaghetti & 200g Chicken before and after my workout :)

Creatine. Caffeine. Beta alanine. Cit malate. Bcaa if you want. Rest is pump stuff, agmatine and arginine are close to the same

Creatine saves you having another shake? What do you mean by that?

I mean I mean I want to take all my supplements before my workout because it's easier to get it done in one go.
And I don't really take any other supplements other than preworkout stuff. Except creatine.

Creatine. Caffeine. Beta alanine. Cit malate. Bcaa if you want. Rest is pump stuff, agmatine and arginine are close to the same

Cheers, that's what I was thinking.
I would be pretty much set with the cit malate, because it's about the only added pump I need with what's in the C4.

To be honest sometimes by the time you get all this. Buying something like no3x is better. Less screwing around even though costs a little more. AMP or DMAA is the good stuff

Have 2 tablespoons of Almond Oil and acouple hundred grams of carbs before you train and you will be pump'd as a mofo

200 gm of carbs right before workout is a fair bit. Probably hinder your training.

200 gm of carbs right before workout is a fair bit. Probably hinder your training.

My workouts are pretty intense and I go flat chat for about 2 hours.
I haven't had a problem. Maybe I should have it a few hours before instead?

Like I said convience.
I would basically have it whenever I need. I don't usually drink juice.

Your overthinking it mate. None of what your are worrying about it going to have a noticeable effect on your training.

I would have said that C4 is already a decent supp in its own right. You shouldn't need to supplement a supplement. If it's not working and you're only having it for the taste, then you're having it for the wrong reasons. It's a preworkout, it should be shot/skulled not sipped on.

You can have more Creatine but an extra 5g of mono is hardly worthwhile IMO. I'd be having more like another 10-15 at least. 15-20g of mono over the course of the day seems like a good amount for most, maybe 10% of that if it was all nitrate as they say it's easily absorbed... No idea if that's true but one things for sure, it would be exy as fark to run the same grams of nitrate as mono.