• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is a forum, there is no entrance exam.

Aware, sadly aware.

If you ain't done it, don't talk like you've done it or just parrot someone else's bullshit. Do what the Gooster said, go out and try it then report back... in several years when you know your ass from your elbow training wise.

Aware, sadly aware.

If you ain't done it, don't talk like you've done it or just parrot someone else's bullshit. Do what the Gooster said, go out and try it then report back... in several years when you know your ass from your elbow training wise.

Sheer profundity

Okay so does this mean training both styles would have the best affect on growth and strength development? (for example: monday squatting heavy for 3-5 sets of 5 etc, friday squatting for hypertrophy, less weight more volume)

Okay so does this mean training both styles would have the best affect on growth and strength development? (for example: monday squatting heavy for 3-5 sets of 5 etc, friday squatting for hypertrophy, less weight more volume)

This is repeatedly stated.

I was thinking he was saying more like change reps and sets every few months

What I mean is that changing repitition range from time to time is repeatedly stated throughout this particular forum from a wide range of members from a wide variety of backgrounds, and not only this forum but many other publications also aknowledge that using both high and low rep ranges are needed for ultimate growth, with growth comes power which is an element of strength.

How's that?

Pretty cool isn't it?

Last edited:
Thats a bad example a better example and one that reflects what people on the forum are trying to say to you would be-

A tennis player who does some sprint training. It will make him faster on the court and better his tennis even though it is not tennis training it is benefical.

Think about it. If you can't see logic and how that correlates with strength vs bb then something is wrong. No offence intended mate just trying to get you to look at this in a different way.

Specificity and metabolic strength (training) fascinates me.
And motivates my thinking, if I was given the opportunity to improve the performance of this tennis player, sprinting would not be on my list I beleive there are safer ways to improve his power through specific exercises with a barbell or machine.

If a person wants to improve their skill then practice is key.

Last edited:
who's counting, if you think you have to destroy yourself more, than do another 4 or 5 sets until you have obliterated your chest.

it's not about how many reps you do, it's about how much you can destroy your muscles.

if you aren't growing, train harder or eat more food.

I load the bar up with whatever weight looks the goods and go from there, If I think I need more plates I add more for the next set,

if I think I am using too much weight, I take some off.

after a set or 2, I really push hard and try to go balls to the wall for as many sets as I feel I need to do.

Sometimes I do 1 set on an exercise if I feel it was effective and move on.

I don't care how much weight I use, go by feel.

Champion response

Unless your pumped up a load of gear that kind of training isn't efficient. Now the key word is efficient, EVERYTHING WORKS but some better than others.

Tracking progress + consistent strength gains > "instinctive" workouts and going to failure with no clue as to whether or not you've progressed

Mate you over estimated over training, who taught you about bodybuilding? seriouslly punch them in the head. You be suprise how much a natural athlete can get away with.......... what about gymnists for example, there ripped to the shithouse and pritty muscley, they train 5-6 days a week for hours each day, pushing there muscles to the limits.

so you base your progression in bodybuilding by strength increases. why not just train as hard as fuck...

nothing is "efficient" if you are lazy, It doesn't make sense to me to try and chase rep numbers,

I have tried that before and I think subconsciously, people will take a little longer rest or break form a little just to get that extra rep or 2, so you can tell yourself you have progressed.

I found that when I threw the diary away, my intensity went up and when you don't have to worry about chasing the numbers, the rest times shorten, and when your in the zone, you can throw in a random drop set or superset just because you feel like it at the time.

Also if you start getting a niggle or pain, you can switch things up and do different exercises or rep ranges, having this freedom, saves potential injuries...

this is my way of thinking, I don't think juice is some magical thing that changes the way muscle is made. it just makes it more efficiently.

Mate ur a champion.

yeah lets make it you have to be lifting for years to post..

5 posts a day

Never said that. Llike Goosey said try it for yourself but at the moment we have blokes with minimal experience just cutting and pasting another coaches words like they actually know what they are talking about.

Never said that. Llike Goosey said try it for yourself but at the moment we have blokes with minimal experience just cutting and pasting another coaches words like they actually know what they are talking about.

thats only pumpin iron doing that lol

Even coaches don't always know what they are talking about, somebody who has coached elite athletes for decades might still have ideas that just don't work for the masses.