• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My point being Bazza, there are small guys/girls that are very strong and there are big guys that aren't relatively strong.

Can't really use outliers to prove a point. The overall correlation in people that lift weights is that bigger guys are stronger.

I never said bodybuilders were weak I just said they are primarily focused on getting big, with size gains comes strength gains.

Your a dickhead. If anyone trained like a bodybuilder it would be Tom Platz. Does the workout below look anything like fucking smolov or westside to you.

Squats 8-12 5-20
Hack Squats 5 10-15
Leg Extensions 5-8 10-15
Lying Leg Curls 6-10 10-15
Standing Calf Raises 3-4 10-15
Seated Calf Raises 3-4 10-15
Hack Machine Calf Raises 3-4 10-15

Yeah because all strength training is 1RM focused. :rolleyes:
A routine that is focused on increasing your 8RM can't possibly be "strength training" right? :rolleyes:
And as you can see from what you posted, he would ramp up to heavy 5's then go down into volume. What the hell has smolov or westside got to do with anything?

Yeah because all strength training is 1RM focused. :rolleyes:
A routine that is focused on increasing your 8RM can't possibly be "strength training" right? :rolleyes:
And as you can see from what you posted, he would ramp up to heavy 5's then go down into volume. What the hell has smolov or westside got to do with anything?

Look at all the accessory work. Total volume. The fact he was running a 5 day split, on a bulk and cut diet. This is the essence of bodybuilding training you numb nut. Tom Platz was training to be huge and have a small waist, if thats not bodybuilding what the fuck is.

Seriously are people trying to use platz as an example of strength not mattering for muscle growth. One of the worst examples you could pick.

500lb squats for 20+ reps. Na not very strong. Lol.

Seriously are people trying to use platz as an example of strength not mattering for muscle growth. One of the worst examples you could pick.

500lb squats for 20+ reps. Na not very strong. Lol.

Nah mate you got it twisted I'm saying they train to get big but with that comes strength. Platz wasn't trying to get a 500lb 20 rep squat he was trying to get huge legs an he achieved his goal big numbers were the byproduct. Old mate was saying he was training for strength thats not true look at his leg workout it's classic bodybuilder. Same with his training style, body part split, bulk cut diet, massive volume, training for symetry. Pure bodybuilding.

You are saying they train to get bigger and strength is a byproduct. Isn't that then just a type of strength training.

You are saying they train to get bigger and strength is a byproduct. Isn't that then just a type of strength training.

Yeah but bodybuilding isn't just about strength its about training style, diet, getting huge followed by getting lean.

Look at all the accessory work. Total volume. The fact he was running a 5 day split, on a bulk and cut diet. This is the essence of bodybuilding training you numb nut. Tom Platz was training to be huge and have a small waist, if thats not bodybuilding what the fuck is.

I can give a long, long list of world class powerlifters that train with a 5 day split with bodybuilding volume. It's very popular for the big benchers.
Do you want me to post it?

I can give a long, long list of world class powerlifters that train with a 5 day split with bodybuilding volume. It's very popular for the big benchers.
Do you want me to post it?

Post ll the lists you want Platz was a bodybuilder his primary interest was building his body to imply he was concerned about working up his squat is stupid he wanted to have the biggest wheels in bb so he did massive amounts of leg volume in heaps of different ways to sculpt his legs not to get his 1 rep or 20 rep up.

Really couldn't be fucked waiting for you to respond, just checked your log 65kg LOL what the fuck are you a pre teen school girl. If you know so much about world class powerlifitng benching why are you rocking a sub 70kg bench.

Really couldn't be fucked waiting for you to respond, just checked your log 65kg LOL what the fuck are you a pre teen school girl. If you know so much about world class powerlifitng benching why are you rocking a sub 70kg bench.
Bahahaha! I See you've finally met Oni and his 13 inch arms :D

Getting called a pre-teen school girl by a guy called elmo
A new first!

And of course, his brilliant hypothesis of that you can magically gain muscle without progressive overload

Dante Trudel on bodybuilding:

Training is all about adaption. In simple terms you lift a weight and your muscle has one of 2 choices, either tear completely under the load (which is incredibly rare and what we don't want) or the muscle lifts the weight and protects itself by remodeling and getting bigger to protect itself against the load (next time). If the weight gets heavier, the muscle has to again remodel and get bigger again to handle it. You can superset, superslow, giant set, pre exhaust all day long but the infinite adaption is load---meaning heavier and heavier weights is the only infinite thing you can do in your training. Intensity is finite. Volume is finite (or infinite if you want to do 9000 sets per bodypart)...everything else is finite. The Load is infinite and heavier and heavier weights used (I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SOME BUCK 58 POUND WRITER FROM FLEX MAGAZINE SAYS) will make the biggest bodybuilder

Getting called a pre-teen school girl by a guy called elmo
A new first!

And of course, his brilliant hypothesis of that you can magically gain muscle without progressive overload

Your hypothesis can suck **** Mr. 20-30kg sub adult male weight. Another fucking internet genius who is underweight and weak. In b4 you bring up your deadlift because you know there are 3 powerlifts right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Training is all about adaption. In simple terms you lift a weight and your muscle has one of 2 choices, either tear completely under the load (which is incredibly rare and what we don't want) or the muscle lifts the weight and protects itself by remodeling and getting bigger to protect itself against the load (next time). If the weight gets heavier, the muscle has to again remodel and get bigger again to handle it. You can superset, superslow, giant set, pre exhaust all day long but the infinite adaption is load---meaning heavier and heavier weights is the only infinite thing you can do in your training. Intensity is finite. Volume is finite (or infinite if you want to do 9000 sets per bodypart)...everything else is finite. The Load is infinite and heavier and heavier weights used (I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SOME BUCK 58 POUND WRITER FROM FLEX MAGAZINE SAYS) will make the biggest bodybuilder

that is so dumb, it's not funny

kai greene

why would you train a strength program if your only concerned with bodybuilding?

If your concerned with bodybuilding, you would be more concerned with doing the exercise correctly and getting the proper contraction of the muscle. It's not lifting the heaviest amount of weight, but you will be getting stronger over time. Not as strong if you were to only be focused on strength training. But you would get to a point where some would call you strong.

If you're trying to say that Kai Greene always lifted the same weights you're wrong

your never wrong 0n1
except for your plan to get past 70kg bodyweight, your wrong in that case.

Last edited: