• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you support Gay Marriage?

• Total voters
Remind me what the numbers were when the gay marriage amendment was put to the lower house when labour and the greens controlled the country?

it was 96 to 44 against.

From the representatives we, as a democratic people elected into government. The lower house is a little more to the right now, I dare them to put it up again and then claim that "the majority of Australians" want gay marriage.
Members of parliament vote the party line in the majority of instances. They certainly don't vote solely for their constituents 100% of the time.

von, I think the majority of Aust's could not give a fuck, and would not waste my time worrying about it.

If I had to vote, I would give them the right.

I don't think it will come to that. The parliament will approve in time, probably just going on opinion polls.

I was thinking AusBB should have a meet up at the mardi gras one year, von would look the part dressed up in leather like that guy in the Village People.

And we could also have a training session at the YMCA to get into the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

Members of parliament vote the party line in the majority of instances. They certainly don't vote solely for their constituents 100% of the time.

96 to 44 is not an anomaly caused by a few elected members not representing the interests of their constituents. It is the death blow to the argument.

von, I think the majority of Aust's could not give a fuck, and would not waste my time worrying about it.

If I had to vote, I would give them the right.

I don't think it will come to that. The parliament will approve in time, probably just going on opinion polls.

I was thinking AusBB should have a meet up at the mardi gras one year, von would look the part dressed up in leather like that guy in the Village People.

And we could also have a training session at the YMCA to get into the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

youre quite right, most people don't give a fuck about what GLBT do. Everyone is fatigued over the issue. Given that people generally are apathetic about GLBT stuff, you're not going to get an accurate indicator in opinion polls. 96 to 44 is an accurate indicator; we elect our members not to be apathetic.

the open opinion polls on this issue will be filled by those who are gay, arts students and Prius driving dweebs who have an interest in the matter. Some bigots like me will try to respond but we often don't have time because were busy being normal.

if nobody gives a fuck, and I believe that's the case, then the outspoken minority don't need to be heard and the greatest economy is gained by maintaining the status quo. Leave the marriage act alone and ignore the whining fags.

Last edited:
no, I rest my case.

I just want you to be more tolerant and stop fearing harmless minority rights.

i just want you to revert to some traditional values and start showing an interest in minority groups who truly are oppressed.

for every hour of sitting time misallocated to the GLBT cause and their perceived oppression, that is an hour not spent trying to address real oppression and disadvantage faced by Indigenous Australians. Their disadvantage is more than about being butt hurt over not being allowed to have a gay wedding.

Over 120 pieces of legislation were amended and shoehorned through to protect the "rights" of people living in same sex relationships. ENOUGH! Kevin the Dickwad walked the harbour bridge and said sorry, that' about it as far as helping our displaced original occupants.

but coons don't have any disadvantages, they get every handout in the world and still spend it all on booze

Now I have to monitor the TV for that disgraceful Penny Wong led advertising campaign about bullying of "gay" students in schools. How do I explain to my two youngest, who are minors, that children apparently now have a sexual identity, according to the Australian Government sponsored propaganda.

Children are minors. minors have no sexual preference under the Law. The GLBT movement is an insidious, evil thing. My children as with many others are just children who are not ready for the onslaught of pro-gay propaganda. There is no such thing as sexual preference in an immature person.

such propoganda is is wasteful and misguided at best; at worst it could be interpreted to be an institutional form of grooming - oh that's right, we can't mention paedophilia in the same sentence as GLBT apparently it's offensive.

Last edited:
$10 on Von being a closet fag.
Guns, weightlifting, macho talk...... Seems like a big cover up to me.

My opinion is live and let live.
If 2 dudes want to get married, who am I to stop them?

We actually had our celebrant give a disclaimer before she read the "marriage" act; stating that my wife and I actually do not agree with the following statement, but she needs to read it by law.

It's 2015 for Christ sake.....

I personally find gays to be mentally ill degenerates, and they shouldn't be "married", but what they do behind closed doors is their business, until they start trying to force it onto society as some sort of 'normality'. Marriage is one man, one woman. Not two men, or a man and a goat, or a man and three wives etc.

I don't wish ill will on them, but most that I've met have had obvious mental health issues.

I also don't think gays should have children, IMO children need both a mother and a father in their life, and I feel sorry for those who don't.

sorry if I offend anyone, I realize that bodybuilding tends to attract many gays or closet types.

I personally find gays to be mentally ill degenerates, and they shouldn't be "married", but what they do behind closed doors is their business, until they start trying to force it onto society as some sort of 'normality'. Marriage is one man, one woman. Not two men, or a man and a goat, or a man and three wives etc.

I don't wish ill will on them, but most that I've met have had obvious mental health issues.

I also don't think gays should have children, IMO children need both a mother and a father in their life, and I feel sorry for those who don't.

sorry if I offend anyone, I realize that bodybuilding tends to attract many gays or closet types.

Most children from straight relationships don't have both a mother and a father (death, divorce, whatever) and they turn out ok