• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you think that being lean, muscular and strong are two different horses that you can't ride at the same time then you're unequivocally, severely retarded.
You might want to tell the following people the same thing as they seemed to have ignored you and gone and done it anyway:

Chris Stamatiou
Matt Stenzel
Ricky Dale Crain
Phil Harrington
Jamie Lewis
Sam Bryd
Stan Efferding
Dan Green
Konstantin Pozdeev
Andrey Belyaev
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Derek Poundstone
Benny Podda
Marvin Eder
Zabo Koszewski
Ed Corney
Chuck Sipes
John Defendis
John Grimek
Jeff King
Ricky Bruch
Ken Patera
Dana Linn Bailey
Konstantin Konstantinovs
Franco Columbu
Brian Oldfield
Kirk Karwoski
Steve Stanko
Ivan Putski
Bert Assirati
Don Ross
Rick Weil
The Barbarian Brothers
Doug Young
Jennifer Thompson
Ted Arcidi
Jeremy Hoornstra
Bev Francis
Ken Lain
Ed Coan
Ernie Frantz
John Kuc
Julia Zaugolova
Jill Mills
Dan Dumitrache
Lu Xiaojun
David Rigert
Dmitry Klokov

I got bored here of listing endless strength athletes that held a very appreciable amount of muscle mass while being lean but I'm sure you get the idea that they are not two completely separate goals

how many of those are natty? ;)

I'd also say that none of that list would be concentrating on growing every visible muscle and trying to achieve perfect symmetry like a person training exclusively for bodybuilding.

how many of those are natty? ;)

I'd also say that none of that list would be concentrating on growing every visible muscle and trying to achieve perfect symmetry like a person training exclusively for bodybuilding.

I deliberately mixed in athletes that were both drug tested and steroid users as well as females.
And actually, powerlifters DO train for symmetry. You want to be symmetrical. If you're not, that's a muscle imbalance which leads to injury.

At 2:20

I'm keen to try some of the OP routines sometime this year.

5x7 bench 3 times a week, from say 70% (mon) to 80% (fri) would be pretty fun. I dont think Id recover completely mon-fri and I'd need lots of active recovery on the weekend.

Could also do say chins 5x5 mon/wed rows 5x5 fri, alternating exercises.

To contribute to the shit talking... umm.... What if I'm interested in training for strength though and not powerlifting?

Trollface-dancing.gif

I'm keen to try some of the OP routines sometime this year.

5x7 bench 3 times a week, from say 70% (mon) to 80% (fri) would be pretty fun. I dont think Id recover completely mon-fri and I'd need lots of active recovery on the weekend.

Could also do say chins 5x5 mon/wed rows 5x5 fri, alternating exercises.

To contribute to the shit talking... umm.... What if I'm interested in training for strength though and not powerlifting?

Trollface-dancing.gif

The training is exactly the same lol, despite what people here like to think
Most PLers will spend +90% of their time building strength. It's like the final 4 weeks of training that I start using a belt all the time and add wraps for my squats lol. Even Sheiko is just loads of volume over various rep ranges and only tapers off for 1RM performance close to competition

Yeah Wendler has mentioned training like a bodybuilder for strength several times before, but that doesn't mean start doing 15 exercises for each separate muscle group like your average BB trainee (yes I know that some BB'ers train Dorian Yates style etc etc) in the context of 5/3/1, it means doing something like the BBB template, which has a compound lift as assistance 5x10 before an accessory, also at 5x10.

Yeah Wendler has mentioned training like a bodybuilder for strength several times before, but that doesn't mean start doing 15 exercises for each separate muscle group like your average BB trainee (yes I know that some BB'ers train Dorian Yates style etc etc) in the context of 5/3/1, it means doing something like the BBB template, which has a compound lift as assistance 5x10 before an accessory, also at 5x10.

Nobody said you should you clown

I'm a guy that wants to be as big, lean and strong as possible that also competes in powerlifting and strongman simply to showcase my strength

Good words.

the idea is that everything works here, you do what you enjoy, who gives a shit what other people think, as long as what you are doing is progressive while working though all plains of movement and the the workout is balanced and you allow yourself adequate recovery between workouts, I do not understand what all this stupid banter is about.

Good words.

the idea is that everything works here, you do what you enjoy, who gives a shit what other people think, as long as what you are doing is progressive while working though all plains of movement and the the workout is balanced and you allow yourself adequate recovery between workouts, I do not understand what all this stupid banter is about.

99% of the pointless bickering in this industry is from people who can't see the forest for the trees

Nobody said you should you clown

For all of your posturing yourself as some kind of intellectual, your posting really suggests otherwise for the most part.

I was getting at the fact that training for bodybuilding and powerlifting or strength are not as similar as what you're thinking - even the 5/3/1 routine for BB is still just the core lifts with the usual BB assistance on any given day on a 4 day split.

For all of your posturing yourself as some kind of intellectual, your posting really suggests otherwise for the most part.

I was getting at the fact that training for bodybuilding and powerlifting or strength are not as similar as what you're thinking - even the 5/3/1 routine for BB is still just the core lifts with the usual BB assistance on any given day on a 4 day split.

Actually I think you're just completely misinterpreting what "training like a bodybuilder" is and means.
Train for balance and symmetry, be muscular and well conditioned. Why do you win a bodybuilding competition? Is the winner the person that does 5/3/1 with BB assistance, the person that does HIT or the person that trains like Arnold? The answer is it's completely irrelevant. The winner is the person with the best symmetry, having the best conditioning while being the most muscular. It has NOTHING to do with how they got there or what set and rep structure they used.

Like I keep saying, you can't see the forest for the trees. This pointless bickering is fucking stupid. Powerlifters should train like a bodybuilder because if you compete in a strength sport with weight classes then you need to be as muscular and lean as you can be while staying in the confines of your weight class and you need symmetry to be able to train hard while not getting injured. If you squat, do some hamstrings. If you press then pull. It's not difficult to understand. Stop trying to read into shit too much

GPC's best lifters from the weekend. Notice how all of them are well muscled, have good condition and symmetry.

10462471_527821183990671_25745769129487121_n.jpg

10269497_527410690698387_2783560830941176308_n.jpg

10355906_527409054031884_372147641017140953_n.jpg

10432972_527388200700636_7366313670123692492_n.jpg

In fact how the fuck does this mean I like to come off as an intellectual?
Do you really need to be an intellectual to figure this out? What is so difficult to understand here? Be muscular. Be in shape. Be strong. Be well rounded. Is that really so complicated to understand? Really? What seems to be the problem with this? Jesus fucking Christ

109669d1387545525-realistinen-tavoitekuntosi-76200438.jpg

Oleksandr Kutcher

Last edited:
A person that uses a full body routine will look better and be much stronger.

a strong man looks good (strong) from every angle, whether in a tee shirt or raincoat he'll look strong.

a well designed full body routine using mostly multi joint exercises varying the exercises used over a protracted time will automatically biuld symmetry, and not look like a collection of body parts.

whether one uses one set to fatigue, machines or barbell, multi set, as long as one enjoys it and it's most importantly progressive it is of no consequence, we all lift, getting hung up on the detail is just stupidity.

I talk to some young guns, and they have no concept of progression or working hard, I have no respect for them.

Whether its HIT, shieko, 531, Gironda, Hepburn, is moot, the key is progression.
and whether one enjoys what they do.

fuckin idiots with your dogma, go fuck yourselves I'm talking about you nimrods that tell me the things I suggest don't work, fuckin tools.

Last edited:
If you think that being lean, muscular and strong are two different horses that you can't ride at the same time then you're unequivocally, severely retarded.
You might want to tell the following people the same thing as they seemed to have ignored you and gone and done it anyway:

Chris Stamatiou
Matt Stenzel
Ricky Dale Crain
Phil Harrington
Jamie Lewis
Sam Bryd
Stan Efferding
Dan Green
Konstantin Pozdeev
Andrey Belyaev
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Derek Poundstone
Benny Podda
Marvin Eder
Zabo Koszewski
Ed Corney
Chuck Sipes
John Defendis
John Grimek
Jeff King
Ricky Bruch
Ken Patera
Dana Linn Bailey
Konstantin Konstantinovs
Franco Columbu
Brian Oldfield
Kirk Karwoski
Steve Stanko
Ivan Putski
Bert Assirati
Don Ross
Rick Weil
The Barbarian Brothers
Doug Young
Jennifer Thompson
Ted Arcidi
Jeremy Hoornstra
Bev Francis
Ken Lain
Ed Coan
Ernie Frantz
John Kuc
Julia Zaugolova
Jill Mills
Dan Dumitrache
Lu Xiaojun
David Rigert
Dmitry Klokov

I got bored here of listing endless strength athletes that held a very appreciable amount of muscle mass while being lean but I'm sure you get the idea that they are not two completely separate goals
Don't be a smart arse Oni, just for once.
I know you're not that stupid to think that's what Fadi is saying

Last edited:
Don't be a smart arse Oni, just for once.
I know you're not that stupid to think that's what Fadi is saying

Dear Mr. Shit Talker
Please take not that I didn't respond to Fadi because he didn't reply at all. If you bothered to read it correctly you'd notice that my post was after someone else suggested that two horses couldn't be ridden at once