• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
who's that guy?

full body is for glycogen depletion, you can't functionally use your energy evenly throughout your entire body and still function...

have you even done a hard leg workout??? no disagree entirely. upper and lower body atleast.
no way you can adequately stimulate the back, chest, arms AND legs in 1 workout.
you can deplete the glycogen yeah. thats a totally different story.

The funniest part about this post is the bit where you have no idea what you are talking about.

full body is for glycogen depletion, you can't functionally use your energy evenly throughout your entire body and still function....

Do you even read anything before you post it. Or would that require an attempt to use your energy evenly throughout the body and an inability to function properly, hence the shit dribbling out of your mouth.

This is what I am doing currently
#9155264 - Pastie

This one was one of my favourite programs and what I was doing when I went from a 230-250kg deadlift. I was also deadlifting every morning at 60-70% for sets of 2
#9148572 - Pastie

I looked at that and instantly thought that I definitely don't have the recovery abilities to do that much volume. Fark being old and injured haha.

I looked at that and instantly thought that I definitely don't have the recovery abilities to do that much volume. Fark being old and injured haha.

I've been spending a lot of time on recovery at the moment. I'm thinking of getting some of those chinese suction cups that you posted about! They look good.
I do have a problem with my left leg though. When I squat. Afterwards I have stabbing / electric type pain in my upper quad & IT band that refers all the way down my leg. TENS machine blasting doesn't seem to fix it. Going to try massaging it out but it's a tough area to massage out when you don't weigh enough to apply enough pressure. I don't know where the source of the pain is either but I suspect it might be my left glute. I only get the pain when I squat deep and front squatting is marginally better than low bar squatting. Deadlifting is fine

Full body... There is a big shift lately towards spending a day on each lift and body part splits. I've never grown as much on these types of training though and never got as strong!
Would you mind clarifying something for me please Oni. Are you a powerlifter or a bodybuilder? Thanks.

Fadi.

Didin't see this thread, but as usual it was derailed about 3 posts in...
I will read some of the programs, as all my training days are full body and I really enjoy it.

Would you mind clarifying something for me please Oni. Are you a powerlifter or a bodybuilder? Thanks.

Fadi.

I'm a guy that wants to be as big, lean and strong as possible that also competes in powerlifting and strongman simply to showcase my strength

I'm a guy that wants to be as big, lean and strong as possible that also competes in powerlifting and strongman simply to showcase my strength
I understand what you want, but what does the sport you have chosen for yourself to compete in, requires of you,..in your opinion? As you can see, I'm keeping my question succinct. Thanks again.

Fadi.

I understand what you want, but what does the sport you have chosen for yourself to compete in, requires of you,..in your opinion? As you can see, I'm keeping my question succinct. Thanks again.

Fadi.

It requires exactly the same thing- for me to be as jacked, lean and strong as I am able to be

Fadi.

Just to clarify something, are you saying that full body workouts will not be sufficient for the goals of a bodybuilder?

Just to clarify something, are you saying that full body workouts will not be sufficient for the goals of a bodybuilder?
Not in the least no. Please read here http://ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=26981&page=5 beginning at reply #43, where I argue for a full body workout. But here in this thread, the point I was making with Oni has nothing to do with a body isolation vs. a full body program. Oni knows very well what I'm asking him.

Fadi.

Not in the least no. Please read here http://ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=26981&page=5 beginning at reply #43, where I argue for a full body workout. But here in this thread, the point I was making with Oni has nothing to do with a body isolation vs. a full body program. Oni knows very well what I'm asking him.

Fadi.

Actually I don't, what are you asking me? No need to hide behind words, just come right out and say it.

Actually I don't, what are you asking me? No need to hide behind words, just come right out and say it.
I believe it's the other way around mate. I couldn't be any clearer than I was with my original question even if I tried! Just in case you've missed it, I'll repeat it here for you: are you a bodybuilder or a powerlifter? To my understanding, they are not one and the same sport, and would require different priorities from the participant. Shall I go on?

My question was very simple and very direct, and it needed either or,…perhaps I don’t understand the proper requirement of a bodybuilder as compared with a powerlifter, and I’m willing to be enlightened by you if you would be kind enough to explain.

Fadi.